By Ugochukwu Alaribe
ABA—AHEAD of the 2019 governorship election in Abia State, two socio- political groups in the state; Reformers’ Platform and Agalaba Youth Movement, have called on the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to retain the deputy governor, Sir Ude Oko Chukwu as the party’s running mate in the 2019 governorship election.
The groups stated that Governor Okezie Ikpeazu has performed excellently and needs a deputy governor who will boost his re-election in 2019 and consolidate his achievements in the state.
In a statement made available to Vanguard and signed by the presidents of the two groups, Uguru Orji and Obinna Nwagbara, respectively, the groups disclosed that they have assessed the profiles of people believed to be interested in the position and discovered that Oko Chukwu possesses the right qualities to retain the deputy governorship position in 2019, stressing that he has brought his wealth of experience, maturity, integrity and level headedness to add value to the office of the deputy governor.
“Abia needs a deputy governor who will work with Governor Okezie Ikpeazu to develop and sustain the existing peace in the state. Abia needs a deputy governor with experience, maturity, integrity and level headedness. Our groups have assessed the profile of lot of names from Abia North zone believed to be interested in the deputy governorship position. Sir Ude Oko Chukwu’s name stands tall above his competitors. His integrity, wealth of experience, level headedness and maturity places him above other contenders.
“In many ways, Oko Chukwu has added value to Governor Ikpeazu’s administration. His loyalty and avowed determination to assist the Governor succeed is a plus for the administration. Only a level headed deputy governor like him could have achieved such a feat. Oko Chukwu is an asset to the Ikpeazu administration. There is no doubt that he will add great value to the PDP governorship ticket in 2019.
“To crown it all, Oko Chukwu hails from Nkporo area which is one of the highest voting blocs in Abia North senatorial zone. From available records, Nkporo has in all elections, returned the highest number of votes for the PDP in every election; so is traditional that the party picks its deputy governorship candidate from the area,” the statement read.
The groups which have its membership spread across the 184 wards of the state disclosed that it has embarked on an intensive campaign to mobilize support for the Ikpeazu/Oko Chukwu ticket in the 2019 general elections.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Kwankwaso boycotts APC national convention to visit Atiku
- APC amends its slogan
- 2019: Obasanjo plots Buhari’s fall
- Obasanjo under pressure to back Atiku for 2019
- N900m fraud: NHIS boss speaks on allegations of theft
- Abaribe being hunted because of views, says Lawyer
- 2018 Budget crisis: NASS indicts Buhari over Second Niger Bridge, budget delay
- Melaye declares APC’s “political obituary”
- SERAP wins suitcompelling Adamu, Ogbeh to account for spending on Water projects
- Nigeria to lose 3 million Christians annually till 2043, says Danjuma group
- Tension brews amongst Yoruba leaders over mission to rescue Obasanjo from Buhari
- Senator Abaribe arrested for gun running, aiding IPOB - lawyer
- NewPDP drops defection threat, agrees to meet APC Governors, Leaders for settlement
- Power Battle For 2019: Obasanjo Meets Yoruba Leaders
- Hummels Ruled Out of Germany Clash with Sweden
- Real Madrid sign young goalkeeper
- Petit: Messi is not a leader like Ronaldo
- Eagles over the cloud, ready to soar – Akinwunmi
- Interesting Reasons Why Travel Is Good For Your Mental Health
- 17-Year-Old Girl Sells Her 2nd Child After Her Mum Sold The First
- Army Offers N5m To Anyone With Information On Bomb Factories In The Northeast
- APC Convention: How Buhari, Tinubu, Others Averted Crisis
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- D’Tigers hold first training
- Football stakeholders warn Ifeanyi Ubah
- Nasarawa United set to resume as Dogo aims to end season
- Analysis and Rating: Nigeria Vs Iceland
- Coutinho, Neymar lead Brazil’s Late Show
- PDP slams FG over Abaribe’s arrest
- Buhari arrives venue of APC National Convention
- 2018 APC National Convention: Oshiomhole wins national chairman without votes
- Convention chairman suspends voting
- Photos From APC National Convention In Abuja
- Super Eagles goalkeeper Carl Ikeme surviving Blood Cancer (Pics)
- Angry Man Beats His Wife With Pestle To Death In Anambra
- "Any Actress/Actor Who Bought A House Should Say How They Made The Money, We Don't Make That Much"
- See The Guys Who Killed OOU Female Student & Her Boyfriend (Plus Shocking Confession)
- How To Stop 'Fighting' and Start Enjoying Your Marriage
- Counterfeiters latch on to Super Eagles stylish kit
- APC takes crises to convention