By Cynthia Alo
Chief Executive Officer of NEM Insurance plc, Mr. Tope Smart, has said that more investment was required to stimulate the development of Nigeria’s insurance sector. He stated this while speaking on the theme, “Infrastructure and Economic growth: Exploring the strategic Alliance” at the 10th anniversary of Business Journal in Lagos. He said: “Investment in infrastructure will result in the growth of the economy of any nation and the attendant insurance needs resulting from such economic growth will be to the benefit of the insurance industry.
“This will lead to improvement in mortality rate and reduce death claims under life insurance. Also, good roads will reduce the number of accidents, thereby leading to a reduction on a motor insurance claim, goods in transit insurance and group personal accident insurance among others. This will ultimately lead to a better, stronger and a healthier insurance industry.”
According to him, insurance is the backbone of any economy because of the basic role it plays in restoring someone, firm, or government to the position it was before the occurrence of an insured peril.
Other value the insurance industry adds to the economy, according to Smart, includes, helping to smooth out the volatile economic condition of a nation, protection to firms and organizations over any damage or interruption in the production process thereby enhancing their financial stability.
promoting entrepreneurial attitude, encouraging investment innovation and the vitality of the market which reduces pressure on government, increasing financial intermediation through the creation of liquidity and savings through life insurance products, provision of funds for long-term investment in the real economy among others.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019:Former Speaker confirms how much Ambode still needs prayer
- Osun poll: PDP kicks against rerun
- Photos Of President Buhari & Wife Departing Nigeria For US
- Female Footballers Involve In Bus Accident In Kogi, Their Driver Is Unconscious
- "How I Joined Kidney Business" - Human Kidneys' Hunters
- Saraki Wins Over Omisore of SDP to Support PDP Defeat APC?
- Lagos 2019: Sanwo-Olu compounds Ambode’s woes
- Kwese Premier League resumes with Conference eight crackers.
- Top five Nigerian players in the UEFA Europa League this week
- I celebrate Akinwunmi over NFF victory—-MFM FC new director
- Aisha Buhari departs for New York to attend UNGA
- Anthony Joshua defeats Povetkin in seventh round
- Kogi United pips NAF Rockets to maintain promotion chase
- Buruj boys to present trophies to Ambode
- Saraki’s Senate has failed Nigerians—Senator
- Boat mishap claims lives in Borno
- Details Of 7 Units Where Rerun Will Hold In Osun September 27
- Lady Jumps Out Of A Moving Car To Escape Robbery In Abuja
- Ras Kimono's Wife Dies Just 3 Months After Husband's Death
- Prince Kazeem Eletu Odibo Empowers His PRO With Cash As She Adds Another Years
- Osun Decides: INEC Planning To Declare Election Inconclusive?
- Woman Breaks Down In Tears As Pastor Gave Her Entire Church Offerings (Photos)
- BREAKING: Osun Governorship Election Declared Inconclusive
- Tinubu/Ambode feud: Lagos APC insists on primary
- You Have My Blessings - IBB assures Tambuwal
- Dangerous Flood: Monarch weeps as town go under water
- Why Ooni of Ife Did Not Vote Yesterday In Osun Election
- Saraki Warns INEC On Osun Election: "We're Watching You"
- Osun: PDP leads as APC puts all hope on Osogbo
- Obasanjo's Refusal To Support Atiku For 2019: Ex-VP Reacts
- Vote Buying & Selling Get To A Level In Osun Election - Monitors
- Fire Guts Big Factory In Ondo, Destroys N100m Equipment
- Tinunu Ignores Meeting To Take 'Final' Decision On Ambode
- Comedian AY Clears The Air On His "Incentive Comment" About D'band & Wife
- Police, Others Praised For Professional Conduct In Osun Poll
- Osinbajo Says No Discrimination In Buhari’s Administration
- Pregnant Woman Give Birth At Delta IDP’s Camp
- Rivers 2019: Three Friends In Serious Battle
- Comedian Bovi Surprises Wife with A Benz for Her 30th Birthday
- Osun poll: Adeleke in early lead as INEC announces results