Governor Muhammed Abubakar of Bauchi State has disclosed that 30,000 farmers are to benefit from soil analysis aimed at boosting production of crops in the state.
Abubakar said this in Nabordo Town, in Toro Local Government Area of the state recently while inaugurating ‘OCP Africa School Soil Lab Project’ under which the analysis would be carried out.
He explained that the state government had earlier signed a Memorandum of Understanding, MoU with a Moroccan company to carry out soil analysis to ascertain types of crops and fertiliser that would thrive best in various parts of the state.
Abubakar said that the project would increase per hectare yield of crops, thereby enabling abundant production of food.
He said that in addition, 10,000 other farmers were expected to benefit from ‘Agri-Booster Maize’ aimed at enhancing production of maize in the state.
The governor assured the company that the state government would provide conducive environment to enable it carry out its assignments.
He called on the host communities to assist officials of the company who would be visiting their farmlands for soil analysis.
The Commissioner for Agriculture and Natural Resources, Mallam Yakubu Kirfi, had earlier said that the project was among some of the programmes lined up in collaboration with the Moroccan company.
Kirfi named Agri-Booster Project, expansion of the State Fertilizer Blinding Company and the construction of additional modern and bigger fertiliser company, as some of the projects contained in the MoU.
He said that 67 communities in the 20 local government areas of the state, were expected to benefit from the soil analysis to be conducted by the company.
In his remarks at the occasion,the Managing Director of the Moroccan company, Mr Karim Senhadji, said that the company was currently operating in four states in the country.
He explained that the company would conduct soil analysis in some parts of the states to ascertain soil fertility and farmlands suitable for cultivation of some crops.
He urged benefiting farmers to avail themselves of the opportunity to boost per hectare yield of their crops.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019:Former Speaker confirms how much Ambode still needs prayer
- Osun poll: PDP kicks against rerun
- Photos Of President Buhari & Wife Departing Nigeria For US
- Female Footballers Involve In Bus Accident In Kogi, Their Driver Is Unconscious
- "How I Joined Kidney Business" - Human Kidneys' Hunters
- Saraki Wins Over Omisore of SDP to Support PDP Defeat APC?
- Lagos 2019: Sanwo-Olu compounds Ambode’s woes
- Kwese Premier League resumes with Conference eight crackers.
- Top five Nigerian players in the UEFA Europa League this week
- I celebrate Akinwunmi over NFF victory—-MFM FC new director
- Aisha Buhari departs for New York to attend UNGA
- Anthony Joshua defeats Povetkin in seventh round
- Kogi United pips NAF Rockets to maintain promotion chase
- Buruj boys to present trophies to Ambode
- Saraki’s Senate has failed Nigerians—Senator
- Boat mishap claims lives in Borno
- Details Of 7 Units Where Rerun Will Hold In Osun September 27
- Lady Jumps Out Of A Moving Car To Escape Robbery In Abuja
- Ras Kimono's Wife Dies Just 3 Months After Husband's Death
- Prince Kazeem Eletu Odibo Empowers His PRO With Cash As She Adds Another Years
- Osun Decides: INEC Planning To Declare Election Inconclusive?
- Woman Breaks Down In Tears As Pastor Gave Her Entire Church Offerings (Photos)
- BREAKING: Osun Governorship Election Declared Inconclusive
- Tinubu/Ambode feud: Lagos APC insists on primary
- You Have My Blessings - IBB assures Tambuwal
- Dangerous Flood: Monarch weeps as town go under water
- Why Ooni of Ife Did Not Vote Yesterday In Osun Election
- Saraki Warns INEC On Osun Election: "We're Watching You"
- Osun: PDP leads as APC puts all hope on Osogbo
- Obasanjo's Refusal To Support Atiku For 2019: Ex-VP Reacts
- Vote Buying & Selling Get To A Level In Osun Election - Monitors
- Fire Guts Big Factory In Ondo, Destroys N100m Equipment
- Tinunu Ignores Meeting To Take 'Final' Decision On Ambode
- Comedian AY Clears The Air On His "Incentive Comment" About D'band & Wife
- Police, Others Praised For Professional Conduct In Osun Poll
- Osinbajo Says No Discrimination In Buhari’s Administration
- Pregnant Woman Give Birth At Delta IDP’s Camp
- Rivers 2019: Three Friends In Serious Battle
- Comedian Bovi Surprises Wife with A Benz for Her 30th Birthday
- Osun poll: Adeleke in early lead as INEC announces results