Governor Muhammed Abubakar of Bauchi State has disclosed that 30,000 farmers are to benefit from soil analysis aimed at boosting production of crops in the state.
Abubakar said this in Nabordo Town, in Toro Local Government Area of the state recently while inaugurating ‘OCP Africa School Soil Lab Project’ under which the analysis would be carried out.
He explained that the state government had earlier signed a Memorandum of Understanding, MoU with a Moroccan company to carry out soil analysis to ascertain types of crops and fertiliser that would thrive best in various parts of the state.
Abubakar said that the project would increase per hectare yield of crops, thereby enabling abundant production of food.
He said that in addition, 10,000 other farmers were expected to benefit from ‘Agri-Booster Maize’ aimed at enhancing production of maize in the state.
The governor assured the company that the state government would provide conducive environment to enable it carry out its assignments.
He called on the host communities to assist officials of the company who would be visiting their farmlands for soil analysis.
The Commissioner for Agriculture and Natural Resources, Mallam Yakubu Kirfi, had earlier said that the project was among some of the programmes lined up in collaboration with the Moroccan company.
Kirfi named Agri-Booster Project, expansion of the State Fertilizer Blinding Company and the construction of additional modern and bigger fertiliser company, as some of the projects contained in the MoU.
He said that 67 communities in the 20 local government areas of the state, were expected to benefit from the soil analysis to be conducted by the company.
In his remarks at the occasion,the Managing Director of the Moroccan company, Mr Karim Senhadji, said that the company was currently operating in four states in the country.
He explained that the company would conduct soil analysis in some parts of the states to ascertain soil fertility and farmlands suitable for cultivation of some crops.
He urged benefiting farmers to avail themselves of the opportunity to boost per hectare yield of their crops.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Kwankwaso boycotts APC national convention to visit Atiku
- APC amends its slogan
- 2019: Obasanjo plots Buhari’s fall
- Obasanjo under pressure to back Atiku for 2019
- N900m fraud: NHIS boss speaks on allegations of theft
- Abaribe being hunted because of views, says Lawyer
- 2018 Budget crisis: NASS indicts Buhari over Second Niger Bridge, budget delay
- Melaye declares APC’s “political obituary”
- SERAP wins suitcompelling Adamu, Ogbeh to account for spending on Water projects
- Nigeria to lose 3 million Christians annually till 2043, says Danjuma group
- Tension brews amongst Yoruba leaders over mission to rescue Obasanjo from Buhari
- Senator Abaribe arrested for gun running, aiding IPOB - lawyer
- NewPDP drops defection threat, agrees to meet APC Governors, Leaders for settlement
- Power Battle For 2019: Obasanjo Meets Yoruba Leaders
- Hummels Ruled Out of Germany Clash with Sweden
- Real Madrid sign young goalkeeper
- Petit: Messi is not a leader like Ronaldo
- Eagles over the cloud, ready to soar – Akinwunmi
- Interesting Reasons Why Travel Is Good For Your Mental Health
- 17-Year-Old Girl Sells Her 2nd Child After Her Mum Sold The First
- Army Offers N5m To Anyone With Information On Bomb Factories In The Northeast
- APC Convention: How Buhari, Tinubu, Others Averted Crisis
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- D’Tigers hold first training
- Football stakeholders warn Ifeanyi Ubah
- Nasarawa United set to resume as Dogo aims to end season
- Analysis and Rating: Nigeria Vs Iceland
- Coutinho, Neymar lead Brazil’s Late Show
- PDP slams FG over Abaribe’s arrest
- Buhari arrives venue of APC National Convention
- 2018 APC National Convention: Oshiomhole wins national chairman without votes
- Convention chairman suspends voting
- Photos From APC National Convention In Abuja
- Super Eagles goalkeeper Carl Ikeme surviving Blood Cancer (Pics)
- Angry Man Beats His Wife With Pestle To Death In Anambra
- "Any Actress/Actor Who Bought A House Should Say How They Made The Money, We Don't Make That Much"
- See The Guys Who Killed OOU Female Student & Her Boyfriend (Plus Shocking Confession)
- How To Stop 'Fighting' and Start Enjoying Your Marriage
- Counterfeiters latch on to Super Eagles stylish kit
- APC takes crises to convention