By Chioma Onuegbu
A source, who pleaded not to be named yesterday, disclosed that the two groups have been after one another for the past three months before the weekend clash that started in a motel at Afaha Uqua Eket
According to the source, one was killed at Liverpool Road, another in Uqua Village, while the third person was killed at a sit-out at Atai Ndon Village, all in Eket.
He said: “The clash leading to the death of three cult members started on Sunday, when a member of Vikings Confraternity unleashed terror on a member of the Black Axe with machete cuts.”
According to him, two friends belonging to different cults sat at a motel along Afaha Uqua Road, when members of the Vikings went there and hit their fellow members, accusin him of disloyalty.
He added that the Vikings member ran away as he proved his disloyalty to his fellow members.
His words: “But the Vikings descended on his friend, who is a member of Black Axe who intervened as the Vikings member friend ran away.
“The blow from the Vikings led to severe machete cuts on the Black Axe member.
“Since that period, the two cult groups had been in a brawl, which finally led to the death of their members, with scores injured.”
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Odiko MacDon, who confirmed the incident, urged members of the public to go about their normal businesses without fear as the Police are on top of the situation.
He explained that the laws proscribing cultism and gangsterism in Akwa Ibom was still in force, and warned the perpetrators of the act to desist henceforth.
He said: “We have deployed our men to contain the situation. The Police will not tolerate any act that will lead to breakdown of law and order in the state.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019:Former Speaker confirms how much Ambode still needs prayer
- Osun poll: PDP kicks against rerun
- Photos Of President Buhari & Wife Departing Nigeria For US
- Female Footballers Involve In Bus Accident In Kogi, Their Driver Is Unconscious
- "How I Joined Kidney Business" - Human Kidneys' Hunters
- Saraki Wins Over Omisore of SDP to Support PDP Defeat APC?
- Lagos 2019: Sanwo-Olu compounds Ambode’s woes
- Kwese Premier League resumes with Conference eight crackers.
- Top five Nigerian players in the UEFA Europa League this week
- I celebrate Akinwunmi over NFF victory—-MFM FC new director
- Aisha Buhari departs for New York to attend UNGA
- Anthony Joshua defeats Povetkin in seventh round
- Kogi United pips NAF Rockets to maintain promotion chase
- Buruj boys to present trophies to Ambode
- Saraki’s Senate has failed Nigerians—Senator
- Boat mishap claims lives in Borno
- Details Of 7 Units Where Rerun Will Hold In Osun September 27
- Lady Jumps Out Of A Moving Car To Escape Robbery In Abuja
- Ras Kimono's Wife Dies Just 3 Months After Husband's Death
- Prince Kazeem Eletu Odibo Empowers His PRO With Cash As She Adds Another Years
- Osun Decides: INEC Planning To Declare Election Inconclusive?
- Woman Breaks Down In Tears As Pastor Gave Her Entire Church Offerings (Photos)
- BREAKING: Osun Governorship Election Declared Inconclusive
- Tinubu/Ambode feud: Lagos APC insists on primary
- You Have My Blessings - IBB assures Tambuwal
- Dangerous Flood: Monarch weeps as town go under water
- Why Ooni of Ife Did Not Vote Yesterday In Osun Election
- Saraki Warns INEC On Osun Election: "We're Watching You"
- Osun: PDP leads as APC puts all hope on Osogbo
- Obasanjo's Refusal To Support Atiku For 2019: Ex-VP Reacts
- Vote Buying & Selling Get To A Level In Osun Election - Monitors
- Fire Guts Big Factory In Ondo, Destroys N100m Equipment
- Tinunu Ignores Meeting To Take 'Final' Decision On Ambode
- Comedian AY Clears The Air On His "Incentive Comment" About D'band & Wife
- Police, Others Praised For Professional Conduct In Osun Poll
- Osinbajo Says No Discrimination In Buhari’s Administration
- Pregnant Woman Give Birth At Delta IDP’s Camp
- Rivers 2019: Three Friends In Serious Battle
- Comedian Bovi Surprises Wife with A Benz for Her 30th Birthday
- Osun poll: Adeleke in early lead as INEC announces results