By Chioma Onuegbu
A source, who pleaded not to be named yesterday, disclosed that the two groups have been after one another for the past three months before the weekend clash that started in a motel at Afaha Uqua Eket
According to the source, one was killed at Liverpool Road, another in Uqua Village, while the third person was killed at a sit-out at Atai Ndon Village, all in Eket.
He said: “The clash leading to the death of three cult members started on Sunday, when a member of Vikings Confraternity unleashed terror on a member of the Black Axe with machete cuts.”
According to him, two friends belonging to different cults sat at a motel along Afaha Uqua Road, when members of the Vikings went there and hit their fellow members, accusin him of disloyalty.
He added that the Vikings member ran away as he proved his disloyalty to his fellow members.
His words: “But the Vikings descended on his friend, who is a member of Black Axe who intervened as the Vikings member friend ran away.
“The blow from the Vikings led to severe machete cuts on the Black Axe member.
“Since that period, the two cult groups had been in a brawl, which finally led to the death of their members, with scores injured.”
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Odiko MacDon, who confirmed the incident, urged members of the public to go about their normal businesses without fear as the Police are on top of the situation.
He explained that the laws proscribing cultism and gangsterism in Akwa Ibom was still in force, and warned the perpetrators of the act to desist henceforth.
He said: “We have deployed our men to contain the situation. The Police will not tolerate any act that will lead to breakdown of law and order in the state.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Kwankwaso boycotts APC national convention to visit Atiku
- APC amends its slogan
- 2019: Obasanjo plots Buhari’s fall
- Obasanjo under pressure to back Atiku for 2019
- N900m fraud: NHIS boss speaks on allegations of theft
- Abaribe being hunted because of views, says Lawyer
- 2018 Budget crisis: NASS indicts Buhari over Second Niger Bridge, budget delay
- Melaye declares APC’s “political obituary”
- SERAP wins suitcompelling Adamu, Ogbeh to account for spending on Water projects
- Nigeria to lose 3 million Christians annually till 2043, says Danjuma group
- Tension brews amongst Yoruba leaders over mission to rescue Obasanjo from Buhari
- Senator Abaribe arrested for gun running, aiding IPOB - lawyer
- NewPDP drops defection threat, agrees to meet APC Governors, Leaders for settlement
- Power Battle For 2019: Obasanjo Meets Yoruba Leaders
- Hummels Ruled Out of Germany Clash with Sweden
- Real Madrid sign young goalkeeper
- Petit: Messi is not a leader like Ronaldo
- Eagles over the cloud, ready to soar – Akinwunmi
- Interesting Reasons Why Travel Is Good For Your Mental Health
- 17-Year-Old Girl Sells Her 2nd Child After Her Mum Sold The First
- Army Offers N5m To Anyone With Information On Bomb Factories In The Northeast
- APC Convention: How Buhari, Tinubu, Others Averted Crisis
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- D’Tigers hold first training
- Football stakeholders warn Ifeanyi Ubah
- Nasarawa United set to resume as Dogo aims to end season
- Analysis and Rating: Nigeria Vs Iceland
- Coutinho, Neymar lead Brazil’s Late Show
- PDP slams FG over Abaribe’s arrest
- Buhari arrives venue of APC National Convention
- 2018 APC National Convention: Oshiomhole wins national chairman without votes
- Convention chairman suspends voting
- Photos From APC National Convention In Abuja
- Super Eagles goalkeeper Carl Ikeme surviving Blood Cancer (Pics)
- Angry Man Beats His Wife With Pestle To Death In Anambra
- "Any Actress/Actor Who Bought A House Should Say How They Made The Money, We Don't Make That Much"
- See The Guys Who Killed OOU Female Student & Her Boyfriend (Plus Shocking Confession)
- How To Stop 'Fighting' and Start Enjoying Your Marriage
- Counterfeiters latch on to Super Eagles stylish kit
- APC takes crises to convention