By Nwabueze Okonkwo
ONITSHA—A chieftain of the All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA, Chief Felix Madubuagwuibeya Obunadike has restated an earlier policy of the party that there is no room to anoint candidates for the 2019 general elections.
Obunadike who is also the chairman of APGA in Idemili South Local Government Area of the state, made this disclosure while reacting to speculations in some quarters that the APGA leadership may have anointed a candidate for Idemili South for the House of Assembly.
He described the allegation as false, untrue and baseless, adding,”the truth remains that there is no anointed candidate or sacred cow for the party in the area.
“We treat everybody as equal. I stand by my word and anybody who wants to be anointed should look for some other place like in APC where Rochas Okorocha has anointed his son- in- law, Uche Nwosu to succeed him.
“There is a level- playing ground for all aspirants in APGA and anyone of them who emerges the winner during the primaries is the person we will support enmasse,” he stated.
To buttress his point, he urged an aspirant to the Anambra state house of Assembly, who wants to represent Idemili South constituency, Hon Deacon Okolo Ikechukwu Okadigbo, who came to inform the party members of his intention, not to be disillusioned by the rumour.
Earlier, while addressing the APGA faithful, the aspirant lamented that most lawmakers both in the National and State Houses of Assembly, always abandoned those who gave them the mandate to represent them adding that, “if I get there I will give you proper representation, I will provide dividends of democracy to my people, I will not abandon them like most lawmakers currently serving in both state and at the national levels are doing”.
He reiterated that he has served the party in so many capacities and achieved a lot for the people and as such should be allowed to represent them.
According to him, “I was a former PA to Hon Charles Odedo, a House of Representatives member for Idemili Federal constituency, I was a former councillor Nnobi Ward 2, former candidate House of Representatives for Idemili Federal constituency and former Idemili Government Youth Leader”
He regretted that the lawmakers were not able to perform up to expectations of the people despite huge sum of money they collect as constituency fund, hinting that on commencement of this journey to contest, he paid the party’s house rent for two years and provided some plastic chairs in the local Government party office.
According to him, “people are still suffering in APGA despite the fact that it is the ruling party in the state and attributed it to selfishness on the part of the representatives of the people”.
He commended Governor Willie Obiano for his infrastructural development of the state adding that he has touched the souls of the people through improvement on security, agriculture, roads, education, among others.
He expressed dissatisfaction that posts were given to those who did not work for the party adding that he has not been elected to serve his people and has been able to perform wonders pointing out that ifelected the performance would be doubled.
The aspirant who condemned hate speeches, urged that he should be voted for to continue his philanthropy hinting that he provided transformer to his area which is there for all to see.
A chieftain of the party, Dr Mike Omenugha, had warned that there would not be any anointed candidate as such was capable of dragging the image of the party to the mud, insisting that there should be a level playing ground for all aspirants.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Did Oshiomhole Attack Aisha Buhari Over Her Comment?
- Deadly Gunmen Hijack Bus Loaded With Nigerians Travelling
- Thank You For Returning Stolen Funds - Buhari To Swiss Govt
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Boki confers first chieftaincy title in 30yrs on UNICAL VC
- This is why north will gain more from restructuring – Kukah
- US dismisses Jonathan’s allegations against Obama
- Youths may use NYSC, degree certificates as collateral for loans
- Army replies ICC over war crimes allegation
- EFCC arrests ex-Skye Bank Chairman for fraud
- Jubilation as police arrest suspected cultist leader in Osun
- Nigeria customs seizes goods worth N2.7 billion within 4weeks
- Buhari writes the Senate on why he declined the electoral amendment bill
- Ex-commissioner of police urges FG to strengthen country’s border
- Why I Did Not Attend Peace Accord Signing In Abuja - Atiku
- Why I Refused To Sign Amended Electoral Bill - Buhari
- I Will Turn Lagos Waters To Money, says Jimi Agbaje
- Buhari, Atiku To Sign Peace Accord
- PDP in Ekiti condemns public hearing on the finances of local governments
- Saraki condemns use of security agents to disenfranchised voters
- FG files charges against permanent secretary, director over alleged land fraud
- Bad luck for APC as Kastina Rep member dumps party for PDP
- Kante: I don’t want attention on my personality
- Barca to equal Bayern’s UCL record with win against Spurs
- De Jong denies PSG’s contract agreement
- Abdidal to meet Dembele over disciplinary issues
- Cavani’s PSG future uncertain
- Klopp evolved at Liverpool says Carragher
- Lady Shows Her Family Living With HIV... what they take daily
- See What Teacher Did To A Student In Lagos Over Minor Offence
- After 33yrs Of Marriage Woman Gives Birth For The First Time ...she delivered triplets
- Properties Worth N1.8bn Forfeited To FG By Corrupt Ex-NDDC Director (Photos)
- Akwa Ibom APC records highest mass defection in years
- Corruption: EFCC drags NBA president to court
- 2019: Buhari Boasts to Defeat Atiku, Obj Roundly
- Oppression, hate speech are two different things — Oyedepo
- What Mavin wants for Bank Music as Reekado go solo
- How divorce made Asamoah Gyan a poor man
- Buhari desperate to retain power, says Ezekwesili