By Nwabueze Okonkwo
ONITSHA—A chieftain of the All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA, Chief Felix Madubuagwuibeya Obunadike has restated an earlier policy of the party that there is no room to anoint candidates for the 2019 general elections.
Obunadike who is also the chairman of APGA in Idemili South Local Government Area of the state, made this disclosure while reacting to speculations in some quarters that the APGA leadership may have anointed a candidate for Idemili South for the House of Assembly.
He described the allegation as false, untrue and baseless, adding,”the truth remains that there is no anointed candidate or sacred cow for the party in the area.
“We treat everybody as equal. I stand by my word and anybody who wants to be anointed should look for some other place like in APC where Rochas Okorocha has anointed his son- in- law, Uche Nwosu to succeed him.
“There is a level- playing ground for all aspirants in APGA and anyone of them who emerges the winner during the primaries is the person we will support enmasse,” he stated.
To buttress his point, he urged an aspirant to the Anambra state house of Assembly, who wants to represent Idemili South constituency, Hon Deacon Okolo Ikechukwu Okadigbo, who came to inform the party members of his intention, not to be disillusioned by the rumour.
Earlier, while addressing the APGA faithful, the aspirant lamented that most lawmakers both in the National and State Houses of Assembly, always abandoned those who gave them the mandate to represent them adding that, “if I get there I will give you proper representation, I will provide dividends of democracy to my people, I will not abandon them like most lawmakers currently serving in both state and at the national levels are doing”.
He reiterated that he has served the party in so many capacities and achieved a lot for the people and as such should be allowed to represent them.
According to him, “I was a former PA to Hon Charles Odedo, a House of Representatives member for Idemili Federal constituency, I was a former councillor Nnobi Ward 2, former candidate House of Representatives for Idemili Federal constituency and former Idemili Government Youth Leader”
He regretted that the lawmakers were not able to perform up to expectations of the people despite huge sum of money they collect as constituency fund, hinting that on commencement of this journey to contest, he paid the party’s house rent for two years and provided some plastic chairs in the local Government party office.
According to him, “people are still suffering in APGA despite the fact that it is the ruling party in the state and attributed it to selfishness on the part of the representatives of the people”.
He commended Governor Willie Obiano for his infrastructural development of the state adding that he has touched the souls of the people through improvement on security, agriculture, roads, education, among others.
He expressed dissatisfaction that posts were given to those who did not work for the party adding that he has not been elected to serve his people and has been able to perform wonders pointing out that ifelected the performance would be doubled.
The aspirant who condemned hate speeches, urged that he should be voted for to continue his philanthropy hinting that he provided transformer to his area which is there for all to see.
A chieftain of the party, Dr Mike Omenugha, had warned that there would not be any anointed candidate as such was capable of dragging the image of the party to the mud, insisting that there should be a level playing ground for all aspirants.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Kwankwaso boycotts APC national convention to visit Atiku
- APC amends its slogan
- 2019: Obasanjo plots Buhari’s fall
- Obasanjo under pressure to back Atiku for 2019
- N900m fraud: NHIS boss speaks on allegations of theft
- Abaribe being hunted because of views, says Lawyer
- 2018 Budget crisis: NASS indicts Buhari over Second Niger Bridge, budget delay
- Melaye declares APC’s “political obituary”
- SERAP wins suitcompelling Adamu, Ogbeh to account for spending on Water projects
- Nigeria to lose 3 million Christians annually till 2043, says Danjuma group
- Tension brews amongst Yoruba leaders over mission to rescue Obasanjo from Buhari
- Senator Abaribe arrested for gun running, aiding IPOB - lawyer
- NewPDP drops defection threat, agrees to meet APC Governors, Leaders for settlement
- Power Battle For 2019: Obasanjo Meets Yoruba Leaders
- Hummels Ruled Out of Germany Clash with Sweden
- Real Madrid sign young goalkeeper
- Petit: Messi is not a leader like Ronaldo
- Eagles over the cloud, ready to soar – Akinwunmi
- Interesting Reasons Why Travel Is Good For Your Mental Health
- 17-Year-Old Girl Sells Her 2nd Child After Her Mum Sold The First
- Army Offers N5m To Anyone With Information On Bomb Factories In The Northeast
- APC Convention: How Buhari, Tinubu, Others Averted Crisis
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- D’Tigers hold first training
- Football stakeholders warn Ifeanyi Ubah
- Nasarawa United set to resume as Dogo aims to end season
- Analysis and Rating: Nigeria Vs Iceland
- Coutinho, Neymar lead Brazil’s Late Show
- PDP slams FG over Abaribe’s arrest
- Buhari arrives venue of APC National Convention
- 2018 APC National Convention: Oshiomhole wins national chairman without votes
- Convention chairman suspends voting
- Photos From APC National Convention In Abuja
- Super Eagles goalkeeper Carl Ikeme surviving Blood Cancer (Pics)
- Angry Man Beats His Wife With Pestle To Death In Anambra
- "Any Actress/Actor Who Bought A House Should Say How They Made The Money, We Don't Make That Much"
- See The Guys Who Killed OOU Female Student & Her Boyfriend (Plus Shocking Confession)
- How To Stop 'Fighting' and Start Enjoying Your Marriage
- Counterfeiters latch on to Super Eagles stylish kit
- APC takes crises to convention