– Former governor of Edo state, Oshiomole, called for the investigation of ex-President Obasanjo
– He said the former president should be sent to jail if found guilty of any offence
– Oshiomole lambasted the ex-president for claiming that President Buhari wanted to frame and arrest him
Former Edo state governor and a top contender for the office of the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomole, has said that former President Olusegun Obasanjo should be arrested and sent to jail if found guilty of any offence.
Oshiomhole spoke in a pre-June 12 event he organized in honour of late Chief Gani Fawehinmi SAN and acclaimed winner if the June 12 1993 Presidential Election, Bashorun MKO Abiola, The Nation reports.
The former governor dismissed reports credited to ex-President Obasanjo that President Buhari wanted to frame and arrest him.
He added that when Obasanjo was in power, he also arrested and detained people, thinking that he would be president forever.
Oshiomhole said Chief Obasanjo should be investigated and sent to jail if found to have dipped his hands in the pie.
He said: “Gani is not here today, but his spirit is here. Falana is here and today, I am standing. Even the president who was in charge then, he is now complaining that they want to harass him. He was harassing me and he got me arrested. He thought he himself would not be arrested?
“If I were the president, I would arrest him. We are all Nigerians. I remember one day I told him, I said ‘President Obasanjo, we made you president. You did not make me a Nigerian. You are our creation; I am not your creation. You must listen’.
“But he thought he would be in power forever and he tried to take us on the way to Zimbabwe. He was a reluctant Head of State, became president for two terms and he wanted to do a third term because a cockroach licking palm oil would never lick enough.
“I remember when I was accused by former president Obasanjo of behaving as if I was an alternate president; that I was running the NLC like a parallel government, that I wanted to overthrow his government. A small man like me, completely powerless.
“If I am dark like this, it is because of Obasanjo’s teargas. When I now hear these same people saying they are trying to arrest them, why shouldn’t they be arrested? He should be arrested if he has committed any offence. He arrested many of us.
“So, if we are celebrating Chief Gani Fawehinmi, we have compelling reasons to do so. In all of these, we didn’t pay any money to Gani or Falana. They defended us pro bono.
“The late Abiola would be smiling not just for the honour done him by the president, but that Frank Kokori who was very young then, deployed the instrumentality of oil workers to support the progressive mission of the civil society.
“It is not the position you occupy, but the role that you play that will define your place in history. This man was never an NLC president, but he is the only unionist invited to the investiture.
“So, we just consulted among ourselves, few of us who benefited from Gani’s leadership by using the instrument of the law to confront evil leaders. At the NLC, we were so efficient at causing troubles, but too poor to procure the services of legal titans like Gani and Falana, but who would always come and defend us pro bono. So, we felt that on the eve of his investiture, we should gather and celebrate him.
“On June 12, the late Abacha asked us to tell Abiola to do a national broadcast to renounce his mandate. Pascal Bafyau advised him to take the bail conditions because he got information that the regime was ready to keep him in jail indefinitely, but Abiola said he wouldn’t mind dying, that if you are already in the river, you can no longer complain of being wet.
“Abiola died, but Abacha also died and today, Abiola’s children can go anywhere and say I am Abiola. But I am not sure of other persons”.
Speaking in Ado-Ekiti on Saturday, June 9, Fayose said the former president cannot make his predicament a Yoruba issue and should prove his innocence if accused of corrupt practices.
He advised Obasanjo to dismiss the allegations against him by proving his innocence.
The governor stated that Obasanjo’s travails were a welcome development now that he was being dealt with by the Buhari administration he supported during the 2015 general elections.
Consider rest – Obasanjo to Buhari – On NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari is history – Agbakoba
- CCGG calls out FG over Leah sharibu abduction
- Buhari losing war against Boko Haram
- Atiku’s choice of VP: Peter Obi as a motivational metaphor
- Fake Mad Man Busted After He Received Alert Of N1.5Million
- Juventus considers new Mandzukvic deal
- FIFA 19: Usain bolt likely to be included in winter update
- Luis Enrique: There is no similarities between Spain, Barcelona
- Lukaku hints at future Serie A switch
- Pep: Messi, Ronaldo are phenomena
- Roberto Martinez: Hazard can lead any team
- Man Utd to make De gea the highest paid player in the team
- Morata: Money, fame can be a problem
- Joshua kimmich: Bad luck isn’t a coincidence in Germany’s failures
- National industrial court dismisses suit filed over Marilyn Ogar retirement
- Mother of Hauwa Liman: I Can't Believe My Daughter Is Dead
- APC Reacts To Governor Ganduje's $5m Bribe-taking Videos
- Fayose's Interrogation By Senior EFCC Officers Begins
- LAUTECH Students Protest, Shut Down School Over Fee Hike
- Presidency Reacts To Video Of Gov Ganduje 'Receiving' Bribe
- Nigeria Amputee Football Team In Ghastly Car Crash En-route Abuja For Visa (Photos)
- Speaker Dogara Declares Two Reps' Seats Vacant
- Tenure expiration: Fayose’s whereabouts remains unknown
- Nigeria’s inflation on the rise again
- CBN set to revamp banking regulations
- Young Nigerian Man Married To Elderly White Woman Dies Of Massive Heart Attack (Photo)
- Mama Rainbow Celebrates 76th Birthday With Lovely Photos
- Kayode Fayemi Sworn-in As New Governor Of Ekiti State
- Fayose Arrives EFCC Office In Style (Photo)
- Saudi Arabia to admit missing journalist was killed
- Evil Staff Kidnaps & Kills Boss Who Sacked Him For Stealing
- Atiku Reacts To Killing Of Hauwa Liman By Boko Haram
- Rich Nigerian Man & Friends Die In Fatal Accident At Night
- Beautiful Lady Working As A Mechanic Melts Hearts Online
- Presidency orders EFCC to detain Fayose indefinitely, says PDP
- Businessmen Arrested For 'Stealing' Spare Parts In Lagos
- Obasanjo Commended For Openly Endorsing Atiku
- 72 Afe Babalola Uni Students Graduate With First Class
- Atiku Appoints Saraki, Fayose, Wike To Head 2019 Campaign
- SP shoots dead ex-finance minister’s daughter; family suspects something else