– Former governor of Edo state, Oshiomole, called for the investigation of ex-President Obasanjo
– He said the former president should be sent to jail if found guilty of any offence
– Oshiomole lambasted the ex-president for claiming that President Buhari wanted to frame and arrest him
Former Edo state governor and a top contender for the office of the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomole, has said that former President Olusegun Obasanjo should be arrested and sent to jail if found guilty of any offence.
Oshiomhole spoke in a pre-June 12 event he organized in honour of late Chief Gani Fawehinmi SAN and acclaimed winner if the June 12 1993 Presidential Election, Bashorun MKO Abiola, The Nation reports.
The former governor dismissed reports credited to ex-President Obasanjo that President Buhari wanted to frame and arrest him.
He added that when Obasanjo was in power, he also arrested and detained people, thinking that he would be president forever.
Oshiomhole said Chief Obasanjo should be investigated and sent to jail if found to have dipped his hands in the pie.
He said: “Gani is not here today, but his spirit is here. Falana is here and today, I am standing. Even the president who was in charge then, he is now complaining that they want to harass him. He was harassing me and he got me arrested. He thought he himself would not be arrested?
“If I were the president, I would arrest him. We are all Nigerians. I remember one day I told him, I said ‘President Obasanjo, we made you president. You did not make me a Nigerian. You are our creation; I am not your creation. You must listen’.
“But he thought he would be in power forever and he tried to take us on the way to Zimbabwe. He was a reluctant Head of State, became president for two terms and he wanted to do a third term because a cockroach licking palm oil would never lick enough.
“I remember when I was accused by former president Obasanjo of behaving as if I was an alternate president; that I was running the NLC like a parallel government, that I wanted to overthrow his government. A small man like me, completely powerless.
“If I am dark like this, it is because of Obasanjo’s teargas. When I now hear these same people saying they are trying to arrest them, why shouldn’t they be arrested? He should be arrested if he has committed any offence. He arrested many of us.
“So, if we are celebrating Chief Gani Fawehinmi, we have compelling reasons to do so. In all of these, we didn’t pay any money to Gani or Falana. They defended us pro bono.
“The late Abiola would be smiling not just for the honour done him by the president, but that Frank Kokori who was very young then, deployed the instrumentality of oil workers to support the progressive mission of the civil society.
“It is not the position you occupy, but the role that you play that will define your place in history. This man was never an NLC president, but he is the only unionist invited to the investiture.
“So, we just consulted among ourselves, few of us who benefited from Gani’s leadership by using the instrument of the law to confront evil leaders. At the NLC, we were so efficient at causing troubles, but too poor to procure the services of legal titans like Gani and Falana, but who would always come and defend us pro bono. So, we felt that on the eve of his investiture, we should gather and celebrate him.
“On June 12, the late Abacha asked us to tell Abiola to do a national broadcast to renounce his mandate. Pascal Bafyau advised him to take the bail conditions because he got information that the regime was ready to keep him in jail indefinitely, but Abiola said he wouldn’t mind dying, that if you are already in the river, you can no longer complain of being wet.
“Abiola died, but Abacha also died and today, Abiola’s children can go anywhere and say I am Abiola. But I am not sure of other persons”.
Speaking in Ado-Ekiti on Saturday, June 9, Fayose said the former president cannot make his predicament a Yoruba issue and should prove his innocence if accused of corrupt practices.
He advised Obasanjo to dismiss the allegations against him by proving his innocence.
The governor stated that Obasanjo’s travails were a welcome development now that he was being dealt with by the Buhari administration he supported during the 2015 general elections.
Consider rest – Obasanjo to Buhari – On NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Story Of 7yrs Old Boy Who "Married" His Own Mother (Photos)
- Nigerian Doctor, Anthony Madu, Allegedly Nabbed For Fraud In UK Defends Himself
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- CR7’s debut match abandoned as Juventus fans invade the ground
- Pogba : Barcelona’s decision
- Court stops arrest warrant on INEC Chairman
- Key proteins associated with lung cancer
- Buhari announces running mate
- PDP accuses APC of rigging Bauchi senatorial by-election
- DSS clarifies issues on Daura investigation
- Barcelona’s Marc-Andre ter Stegen talks Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, LeBron James
- PSG: Adrien Rabiot’s future is uncertain
- Ronaldo survives death threats
- Sam Allarydce: Arsenal’s tactic against city too poor
- Luka Modric wants to be a star in Serie A with Inter Milan says agent
- Young Nigerian Constructs Helicopter For The Army
- 2019: Osinbajo Is The Running Mate To Buhari
- NIMASA may suspend seafarers with hepatitis condition
- We defecate in nylon bags, say truck drivers stuck in Apapa gridlock
- Customs suspends e-auction as vehicles worth billions rot away
- Angry Soldiers At Maiduguri Airport Threaten To Shoot Superiors
- Tony Elumelu's Beautiful Mum Set To Celebrate Her 90th Birthday
- Photos Of Aisha Buhari Being Conferred With An Honorary PhD
- 12yrs Old Boy Survives Plane Crash That Killed All Passengers
- Crude oil prices drop as tension rises over trade disputes
- Army reacts to protest by soldiers who seized airport
- Hoodlums rape Assemblies of God pastor to death
- Story Of Schoolgirl Abducted In Lagos & Sold Into Pros-titution
- Lady Beheaded In Imo, Body Dumped, Br*ast Cut Off (Graphic Pic)
- Buhari Not Happy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura?
- APC makes new plot to cage, impeach Saraki, Ekweremadu – PDP
- SERAP tells NBC to lift the ban on JAY FM Jos radio station
- Smartphone light linked to rampant blindness—Study
- EFCC, Presidency at war over Saraki
- Deadly Kidnappers Ambush, Kill Four IGP Team Policemen
- Igbo Don’t Know How To Respect Their Leaders – Okorocha
- Thief Dies After Breaking His Skull While Escaping In Lagos
- Buhari Was Trained To Kill, Not To Be A Good President - Bafarawa
- Police Commissioner Returns N100k Bribe To Contractor, Detains Policeman
- Man Punches His Lover’s Mother to Death Over Custody of Child