For any music lover, there’s hardly a better feeling than discovering a brilliant artist you’ve never heard about before. Thanks to technological advancements, particularly streaming services, we get to experience that feeling a lot more than any generation before us.
That explains why it’s so much easier for artists to unexpectedly crossover and be heard by an audience far removed from their target demographic. Well, it looks like afro-fusion superstar, Burna Boy is about to benefit from that good fortune, thanks to none other than Kanye West.
Although Burna Boy has already been affiliated with a couple of beloved international stars – Lily Allen, Timbaland, Drake, Skrillex, Fall Out Boy – this Kanye West-assisted boost his music is about to enjoy is simply the result of a happy coincidence.
On Friday, the frustratingly problematic rapper released his eighth studio album, Ye, on all the streaming platforms. Since then, fans of the rapper have taken to Twitter to share how searching for that LP has inadvertently introduced them to Burna Boy’s acclaimed track of the same name.
Considering "Ye" is easily the best song off Burna Boy’s magnum opus, Outside, we can’t think of a better song to win new fans over. Since the mixtape’s January release, Nigerians have really gravitated towards that song in particular, even going as far as to ask that it replace the national anthem.
Well, since we have decided to skip the Kanye album altogether – due to all the harmful and reductive things he said in the weeks leading up to its release – we can at least say one good thing came out of the tainted project: more people are going to discover the genius of Burna Boy.
I was looking for Kanye’s new Album so I searched “ye” in Apple Music and happened across song called “Ye” by this artist named @burnaboy .... listened to the album for shits. it was FLAAAAAMES HOLY FUCK— King Petty Khalil (@IHATEHALIL) June 1, 2018
Thank you @kanyewest for hooking us up with @burnaboy— Cheryl (@CherylCBrown) June 2, 2018
People finding Burna Boy's Ye as they look for Kanye's Ye— Illionaire (@jesstake) June 2, 2018
Kanye West's Ye album is about to take Burna Boy's YE anthem worldwide. If you know, you know. pic.twitter.com/JOQPOQNHVC— Alimi Ibrahim (@DONHALOGEN) June 2, 2018
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- FG Unveils New National Carrier, 'Nigerian Air' In London
- Benue 2019: Ortom battles for survival
- NBC to impose higher sanction on Ekiti Broadcasting Service – official
- Madu , Ekuta others to represent Nigeria Judo Federation at AYG
- Akeredolu to sack doctors
- I quit Sky Sports to focus on coaching career —Henry
- Deputy Governor sentenced to jail
- Banks profitability under siege as Treasury Bills yields fall
- Dalic: I can coach Brazil or Barca but Croatia my favourite
- Buhari orders immediate repatriation of Nigerians stranded In Russia
- We kill them, Messi or No Messi’ – Pogba’s inspirational speech
- Yahoo-Boy Who 'Used His Girlfriend For Money Ritual' Breaks Down In Tears (Photos)
- Adorable Photos Of Alaafin of Oyo's 5-Month-Old Twin Babies
- Ekiti Governnor-elect, Deputy Get Certificates Of Return From INEC
- Woman Dies In Accident While Returning Home From Lecture
- Hoodlums Burn Down Schools To Be Commissioned By Dino Melaye
- Presidency Fails To Remit PAYE, VAT To FIRS (Details)
- I’m being harassed by security agents, Fayose cries out
- Dana Group partners Rotary Club, others on saving lives
- Presidency, National Assembly among tax defaulters, says AGF
- Big-sized Man Kneels To Propose To His Girlfriend (Photos)
- 8 Notorious Cultists Nabbed Inside A Hotel In Lagos
- Tears As Woman Kills Herself After Thinking Her Boyfriend Spent The Night With A Lady
- Unbelievable! Primary 5 Boy Kidnaps His Master's 10-Year-Old Son For N150,000 Ransom
- Fake Doctor Arrested After Patients Die In His Hospital
- Buhari appoints Muiz Banire Chairman of AMCON
- Assembly rejects Ekiti election
- Ekiti: Double speaks by domestic, international observers confuse Nigerians
- Buhari promises ICC free, fair, peaceful elections in 2019
- Presidential race 2019: Dankwambo declares war on poverty, injustice
- Abdulsalami Abubakar heads Commonwealth Observer Team for Pakistan Elections
- Benue 2019: Akume declares war to unseat Ortom
- EFCC, ICPC invite Nigeria sports minister over World Cup funds
- Giwa calls for unity in football family, as group calls for NFF prob
- 25 missing soldiers: Buratai, Operation Lafiya Dole Commanders meet to review tactics
- I Stated Stealing Because People No Longer Build Houses – Bricklayer
- Killings: How Does Buhari Sleep At Night?
- Ekiti Assembly Rejects Governorship Election Results
- I Will End Boko Haram If Elected As President - Atiku
- Saraki On Dumping APC: "Don’t Push Me"