As excitement is building up for the upcoming World Cup, Nigeria's kit seems to be the biggest talking point leading up to the tournament.
Since Nike unveiled the energetic collection for the Nigeria Football Federation, it has caught the attention of people from all over the world, as it exudes the pomp and swagger that it takes to be a Nigerian.
The entire collection, "For Naija" features a tracksuit, jackets, training apparel, jumpers, jerseys, bucket hats, belt bags, footwear and more. Beyond the standout aesthetics, the world cup kit also reflects a change of perspective and transcends the simple concept of sports kit, to the point where it has become a fashion staple.
Since it's release, style influencers have taken to Instagram to show how they have worn their jerseys, and consequently made the kit a point of convergence for fashion and football. Apart from the jersey itself, everything else in the collection is an ode to streetwear, with a clear Nigerian influence, as seen in the tracksuit that mimics an ankara pattern. Bucket hats and belt bags are also in right now, therefore you don't even need to be a football supporter to want one of those!
Nike did well to consult actual Nigerians during their design process in order to capture the spirit of Nigerians, and they got it exactly right. By cleverly using global cultural influencers such as Skepta, Not3s, Wizkid, Julie Adenuga and more for campaigns in the run-up, the world cup kit was highly anticipated, which explains why it sold out in mere minutes.
We are certain that this hype surrounding the jersey has increased support for Nigeria's performance in the World Cup, and even if we don't manage to bring it home, the high spirits surrounding it is unmatched, and that's a win in itself for Nigeria!
Check out some of the ways people have worn their Nigerian World Cup kit right here:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- FG Unveils New National Carrier, 'Nigerian Air' In London
- Benue 2019: Ortom battles for survival
- NBC to impose higher sanction on Ekiti Broadcasting Service – official
- Madu , Ekuta others to represent Nigeria Judo Federation at AYG
- Akeredolu to sack doctors
- I quit Sky Sports to focus on coaching career —Henry
- Deputy Governor sentenced to jail
- Banks profitability under siege as Treasury Bills yields fall
- Dalic: I can coach Brazil or Barca but Croatia my favourite
- Buhari orders immediate repatriation of Nigerians stranded In Russia
- We kill them, Messi or No Messi’ – Pogba’s inspirational speech
- Yahoo-Boy Who 'Used His Girlfriend For Money Ritual' Breaks Down In Tears (Photos)
- Adorable Photos Of Alaafin of Oyo's 5-Month-Old Twin Babies
- Ekiti Governnor-elect, Deputy Get Certificates Of Return From INEC
- Woman Dies In Accident While Returning Home From Lecture
- Hoodlums Burn Down Schools To Be Commissioned By Dino Melaye
- Presidency Fails To Remit PAYE, VAT To FIRS (Details)
- I’m being harassed by security agents, Fayose cries out
- Dana Group partners Rotary Club, others on saving lives
- Presidency, National Assembly among tax defaulters, says AGF
- Big-sized Man Kneels To Propose To His Girlfriend (Photos)
- 8 Notorious Cultists Nabbed Inside A Hotel In Lagos
- Tears As Woman Kills Herself After Thinking Her Boyfriend Spent The Night With A Lady
- Unbelievable! Primary 5 Boy Kidnaps His Master's 10-Year-Old Son For N150,000 Ransom
- Fake Doctor Arrested After Patients Die In His Hospital
- Buhari appoints Muiz Banire Chairman of AMCON
- Assembly rejects Ekiti election
- Ekiti: Double speaks by domestic, international observers confuse Nigerians
- Buhari promises ICC free, fair, peaceful elections in 2019
- Presidential race 2019: Dankwambo declares war on poverty, injustice
- Abdulsalami Abubakar heads Commonwealth Observer Team for Pakistan Elections
- Benue 2019: Akume declares war to unseat Ortom
- EFCC, ICPC invite Nigeria sports minister over World Cup funds
- Giwa calls for unity in football family, as group calls for NFF prob
- 25 missing soldiers: Buratai, Operation Lafiya Dole Commanders meet to review tactics
- I Stated Stealing Because People No Longer Build Houses – Bricklayer
- Killings: How Does Buhari Sleep At Night?
- Ekiti Assembly Rejects Governorship Election Results
- I Will End Boko Haram If Elected As President - Atiku
- Saraki On Dumping APC: "Don’t Push Me"