As excitement is building up for the upcoming World Cup, Nigeria's kit seems to be the biggest talking point leading up to the tournament.
Since Nike unveiled the energetic collection for the Nigeria Football Federation, it has caught the attention of people from all over the world, as it exudes the pomp and swagger that it takes to be a Nigerian.
The entire collection, "For Naija" features a tracksuit, jackets, training apparel, jumpers, jerseys, bucket hats, belt bags, footwear and more. Beyond the standout aesthetics, the world cup kit also reflects a change of perspective and transcends the simple concept of sports kit, to the point where it has become a fashion staple.
Since it's release, style influencers have taken to Instagram to show how they have worn their jerseys, and consequently made the kit a point of convergence for fashion and football. Apart from the jersey itself, everything else in the collection is an ode to streetwear, with a clear Nigerian influence, as seen in the tracksuit that mimics an ankara pattern. Bucket hats and belt bags are also in right now, therefore you don't even need to be a football supporter to want one of those!
Nike did well to consult actual Nigerians during their design process in order to capture the spirit of Nigerians, and they got it exactly right. By cleverly using global cultural influencers such as Skepta, Not3s, Wizkid, Julie Adenuga and more for campaigns in the run-up, the world cup kit was highly anticipated, which explains why it sold out in mere minutes.
We are certain that this hype surrounding the jersey has increased support for Nigeria's performance in the World Cup, and even if we don't manage to bring it home, the high spirits surrounding it is unmatched, and that's a win in itself for Nigeria!
Check out some of the ways people have worn their Nigerian World Cup kit right here:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Did Oshiomhole Attack Aisha Buhari Over Her Comment?
- Deadly Gunmen Hijack Bus Loaded With Nigerians Travelling
- Thank You For Returning Stolen Funds - Buhari To Swiss Govt
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Boki confers first chieftaincy title in 30yrs on UNICAL VC
- This is why north will gain more from restructuring – Kukah
- US dismisses Jonathan’s allegations against Obama
- Youths may use NYSC, degree certificates as collateral for loans
- Army replies ICC over war crimes allegation
- EFCC arrests ex-Skye Bank Chairman for fraud
- Jubilation as police arrest suspected cultist leader in Osun
- Nigeria customs seizes goods worth N2.7 billion within 4weeks
- Buhari writes the Senate on why he declined the electoral amendment bill
- Ex-commissioner of police urges FG to strengthen country’s border
- Why I Did Not Attend Peace Accord Signing In Abuja - Atiku
- Why I Refused To Sign Amended Electoral Bill - Buhari
- I Will Turn Lagos Waters To Money, says Jimi Agbaje
- Buhari, Atiku To Sign Peace Accord
- PDP in Ekiti condemns public hearing on the finances of local governments
- Saraki condemns use of security agents to disenfranchised voters
- FG files charges against permanent secretary, director over alleged land fraud
- Bad luck for APC as Kastina Rep member dumps party for PDP
- Kante: I don’t want attention on my personality
- Barca to equal Bayern’s UCL record with win against Spurs
- De Jong denies PSG’s contract agreement
- Abdidal to meet Dembele over disciplinary issues
- Cavani’s PSG future uncertain
- Klopp evolved at Liverpool says Carragher
- Lady Shows Her Family Living With HIV... what they take daily
- See What Teacher Did To A Student In Lagos Over Minor Offence
- After 33yrs Of Marriage Woman Gives Birth For The First Time ...she delivered triplets
- Properties Worth N1.8bn Forfeited To FG By Corrupt Ex-NDDC Director (Photos)
- Akwa Ibom APC records highest mass defection in years
- Corruption: EFCC drags NBA president to court
- 2019: Buhari Boasts to Defeat Atiku, Obj Roundly
- Oppression, hate speech are two different things — Oyedepo
- What Mavin wants for Bank Music as Reekado go solo
- How divorce made Asamoah Gyan a poor man
- Buhari desperate to retain power, says Ezekwesili