As excitement is building up for the upcoming World Cup, Nigeria's kit seems to be the biggest talking point leading up to the tournament.
Since Nike unveiled the energetic collection for the Nigeria Football Federation, it has caught the attention of people from all over the world, as it exudes the pomp and swagger that it takes to be a Nigerian.
The entire collection, "For Naija" features a tracksuit, jackets, training apparel, jumpers, jerseys, bucket hats, belt bags, footwear and more. Beyond the standout aesthetics, the world cup kit also reflects a change of perspective and transcends the simple concept of sports kit, to the point where it has become a fashion staple.
Since it's release, style influencers have taken to Instagram to show how they have worn their jerseys, and consequently made the kit a point of convergence for fashion and football. Apart from the jersey itself, everything else in the collection is an ode to streetwear, with a clear Nigerian influence, as seen in the tracksuit that mimics an ankara pattern. Bucket hats and belt bags are also in right now, therefore you don't even need to be a football supporter to want one of those!
Nike did well to consult actual Nigerians during their design process in order to capture the spirit of Nigerians, and they got it exactly right. By cleverly using global cultural influencers such as Skepta, Not3s, Wizkid, Julie Adenuga and more for campaigns in the run-up, the world cup kit was highly anticipated, which explains why it sold out in mere minutes.
We are certain that this hype surrounding the jersey has increased support for Nigeria's performance in the World Cup, and even if we don't manage to bring it home, the high spirits surrounding it is unmatched, and that's a win in itself for Nigeria!
Check out some of the ways people have worn their Nigerian World Cup kit right here:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Closed As Tanker Falls, Spills Content
- JUST IN: Omisore Tells His Supporters Who To Vote Tomorrow
- Woman Finds Daughter Alive 6 Years After Being Told She Died In A House Fire (Photos)
- Buhari calls for global action against corruption
- Men divided at Man United: How Mourinho falls to Lampard after fallout with Pogba
- How Ras Kimono’s wife died
- England U20 World Cup Sensation ready to join Super Eagles
- How Linda Ikeji joins growing list of Babymamas
- Uncovering Rukky Sanda’s private hustle
- Why MPC retained interest rate at 14% –CBN
- Genevieve Nnaji’s guy is super proud of his girl
- We do Church jokes because we are church boys – Okey Bakassi
- Nollywood Actress Seen Carrying Big Coffin On Her Head (Pics)
- JSS 2 Student Who Is An Armed Robber Nabbed With Pistol
- N2.5bn fraud: Aisha Buhari reacts
- Osun rerun: Omisore ignores PDP, settles for APC
- Osun Rerun: Oshiomhole, Lai, Ganduje finally seal deal with Omisore
- Lady Gets Yam, Beans, Pawpaw As Best Creative Advert Student
- Why PDP's Adeleke Is Leading Our Candidate In Osun Election - APC Chieftain
- Policemen Used For Osun Election Involved In Fatal Accident
- Osun tie: Matters arising
- Customs generates N852m revenue in 1month
- Minimum wage: ULC threatens nationwide strike,pitch workers against insensitive politicians
- Pressure mounts on UN to fire Obasanjo
- Aisha Buhari orders arrest of her ADC over 2.5billion fraud
- NCC not interested in social media gagging bill, says Ojobo
- Lekan Shonde's Wife "Died Of Brain Injuries"
- Osun Rerun: Omisore, Lasun Agree To Help APC Fight PDP?
- Applicant Dies During FRSC Recruitment In Kogi
- Why INEC Must Declare Collected PVCs For Osun Rerun
- Nigerian Ladies Caught On CCTV Stealing From A Store
- Fear Of Dancing Senator: Oshiomhole, 5 APC Governors Run To Omisore Again
- Woman, Male Friend Nabbed for Using Drone to Monitor Osoba's House (Photos)
- Adeleke Family's Statement On "Rejecting Help" From Omisore
- Tips To Network Better With People For More Opportunities
- Buhari Sends Fayemi From US To "Beg" Omisore For Osun Rerun
- Akpabio Secures APC Nomination As Consensus Candidate
- Minimum Wage: NLC Directs Workers To Begin Strike Tomorrow
- Why My ADC Was Arrested – Aisha Buhari