He alleged that his wife frequently denied him sex while she engaged in sexual affairs with other men.
Olabisi, who is a nurse, had dragged her husband before the court, praying for the dissolution of their seven-year-old marriage after she accused him of locking up her mother in a police cell.
She also alleged that her husband maltreated her after tricking her to marry him.
She told the court that Hammed lied to the police that she stole his money and his property and hid them at her mother’s house.
She said, “My husband is untrustworthy; he lied before our marriage that he was married to another woman in the past, but lost her to a car accident.
“He played the helpless widower and begged me to marry him. However, when he impregnated me, he told me to abort our child, saying he couldn’t marry me because I have a child out of wedlock with another man.”
But Hammed denied the allegations, saying he had tolerated his wife’s infidelity for too long.
“I want the court to go ahead and grant my wife’s request to dissolve the marriage. I am glad that she is seeking the dissolution of the marriage because I can’t tolerate her promiscuity any longer. She has also been denying me sex. Anytime I want to exercise my conjugal rights, she would claim to have a headache or was hypertensive, whereas, she has been having indiscriminate affairs with other men,” he said.
The President of the court, Mr Mathew Ogungbenle, adjourned the case till June 6, 2018, while directing the estranged couple to come with their respective parents on the adjourned date.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Revealed! See how much Nigeria’s political officers earn
- Onyekuru sued by baby mama over child support payment
- Super Eagles/Uganda friendly :Ikpeba,Yobo, others storm Asaba
- APC leadership style, an enduring legacy – Kasunmu
- I have only 75k in my account- Efe BBNaija admits
- NGO raises funds for cancer patients
- AfDB President speaks on Buhari’s hardline on Africa Free Trade agreement
- Dollar appreciates as Brexit deal suffers setback
- FG to set up special Banks for petty traders
- Buhari extends Seplat’s OMLs to 2038
- Buhari makes new appointments
- Don't Die Till Our Strike Is Over - Mortuary Staff Tells Ghanains
- Tope Alabi & Husband Celebrate Wedding Anniversary
- Comedian I Go Dye Writes Open Letter To President Buhari
- Cultists Who Killed Female Student Over New iPhone Finally Arrested In Bayelsa (Photos)
- How Shehu Sani's APC Senatorial Ticket Was 'Sold For $2m' By Oshiomhole
- Appeal Court Reduces Ex-Gov. Dariye's 14 Years Jail Term
- Fayose Celebrates His 58th Birthday (Photos)
- Outrage As Government Detains Popular Catholic Bishop
- Presidential Debate Unnecessary; says Buhari's Campaign DG, Amaechi
- See What A Woman Did To Her Gateman After He Asked For His Salary (Photos)
- Buhari ‘Covering Up Unemployment Figures Because Of 2019 Elections’
- 2 Ladies Stripped, Killed, Privates Cut Off By Ritualists (Photos)
- N2.5b Fraud Uncovered In Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation
- Face Of Young Man Nabbed With Fresh Human Parts
- Twin Sisters' Kidnappers Demand N15m, Vow To Kill One If Payment Not Made
- "My Wife Is An Unrepentant Adulterer" – Businessman
- Armed Robbers Gunned Down After Being Traced To A Brothel In Delta (Photos)
- 2019: Atiku Holds Crucial Meeting With Saraki, Others
- Pastor Arrested For 'Sleeping With Married Woman' In Edo
- Oshiomhole In Trouble? Ex-APC Chief Exposes Dollar Bribe
- Governor's Earn Over N600k But Make Billions Through Fraud With Contractors
- Okorocha Says Buhari Will Win In 2019, Warns Igbo Leaders Who Endorsed Ariku
- 34 Yahoo Boys, Including Ladies Arrested... Charms, Cars Recovered (Photos)
- Saraki, Oshiomhole In War Of Words Over APC Dollar Bribe
- Young Man Caught Red-handed With Fresh Human Parts
- NLC Reacts To Threat By Govs To Sack Over Minimum Wage
- NDLEA Uncovers 12 Containers With 340 Million Tramadol
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Shehu Sani To FG: All We See Is 'Megawatts Of Propaganda'