Yola – Veteran Journalist, Abdullahi Isa, popularly known as “Abdullahi No-Sweat” has passed away at the age of 80.
Isa died on Thursday afternoon after a brief illness at a private hospital in Yola.
Confirming his death, his wife, Hajiya Inna Abdullahi, said he took ill on Wednesday night and was rushed to hospital where he passed away.
A widely traveled journalist who worked in various media outfits, Isa was a two-term state chairman of Adamawa Council of Nigeria Union of Journalists.
He attended General Murtala College, Yola, in the 50s, with prominent personalities such as Prof. Jibril Aminu, Bamanga Tukur and Murtala Nyako.
He is survived by a wife and many children. (NAN)
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- ISIS fighters stormed Abuja, arrested
- INEC reveals preparation for managing over 100 parties, 80 million voters for 2019 polls
- How fraudsters made N12bn from Nigerian banks in 3 yrs
- Benue Crisis: Former governor arrested by DSS
- Innocent man miraculously survives after hired assassins butchered Him (Photos)
- Senior MTN Staff & Sister Arraigned For 'Defrauding' Man N50m
- Nigerian Footballer Gifts His Mother A House (Photos)
- Reckless Truck Driver Driving Against Traffic Hits Mum & Her Twins In Lagos
- Meet Blind Nigerian Teacher Who Has Authored 15 Books Including Maths Textbook & Novel
- Chelsea: To start new season with a new manager, 3 new players from Italy
- Opposition responsible for spate of killings, says Adesina
- APC goes to National Convention with escalating conflicts
- Atiku honours Jonathan as hero of democracy
- SERAP cautions Buhari: Consider ICC prosecution over cutting of critical projects by lawmakers
- Dickson loses Commissioner to APC
- Fresh crisis hits Obasanjo’s CNM, Agbakoba’s NIM
- Sowore holds meeting with Fulani herdsmen, farmers
- 2019: Buhari woos South-east with crude oil contracts
- Midseason transfer window to end tn 10 days.
- Oil: Escalating trade disputes weigh on markets
- Controversial Actress Cossy Beaten Up By Her Neighbor In Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- DSS Arrests Ex-Gov. Suswam Over Benue Killings.. recovers cars and ammunitions
- Wife Bathes Husband With Acid In Delta Over 'Other Women'
- Atiku Visits Jonathan At Home; Says History Will Be Fair To GEJ As A True Democrat
- "We Were So Poor We Borrowed To Feed" - Rich Footballer Lukaku Shares Life Story
- IPOB bounces back: Prints 40 million ballot papers for Biafra Referendum
- Gov. Dickson postponed wrestling National Classics
- Senegal kept African flag flying at World Cup
- Nigeria to host Men’s U21 African Nations Championship
- D’Tigers’ camp bubbles as training starts Wednesday
- Falconets intensity France 2018 build -up in Abuja
- Lady 'Dating Married Man' Found Dead With A Murder Note
- Investing in great teaching to truly prepare our students for the future of work
- Husband Beaten To Death By In-laws For "Maltreating" Wife
- UNILAG Disclaims Osun Poly Rector’s B.Sc After PhD Scandal
- NYSC Member Wins $2,500 Painting Competition In Lagos
- Items To Disinfect In Your Hotel Room
- NDDC Resumes Foreign Scholarship Scheme
- Robber Who Was Released 4 Days Ago Caught Stealing Again
- National Assembly Replies Buhari Over Their New 6,403 Projects: "We're Not Rubber Stamp"