Owing to the low contribution of the insurance sector to the Gross Domestic Product, GDP, and the poor perception by the general public, a nationwide campaign to rebrand the industry is set to kick off in June, 2018.
The rebranding campaign, which is being championed by the Insurers Committee, is geared towards changing the negative perception of the public towards insurance as well as growing the number of insurance consumers to over 150 million from 37 million.
Addressing journalists yesterday in Lagos, Vice Chairman of the Publicity sub-committee of the Insurers Committee, who is also Managing Director, NSIA Insurance Company Limited, Mrs. Ebelechukwu Nwachukwu, said that the industry is set to launch the project which is expected to transform insurance operations in the country.
Nwachukwu said the Committee, an association of insurance companies and the regulatory body, the National Insurance Commission, NAICOM, has set out seven cardinal goals that will be pursued.
It will be recalled that to promote the project, NAICOM has contributed N40 million while most companies have also made their contributions towards the initiative.
Earlier, insurance operators had agreed to raise 50 percent of the funds for the rebranding project from companies’ gross premium income while the balance of 50 percent is to be shared evenly from profits realized by insurers.
The initiative, according to the Committee, will be driven via social media, print and electronics, adding that greater attention will be on the social media due to the youth population.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- How To Improve Food Digestion During Pregnancy
- Nigerian Yahoo Boy Busted Abroad For Defrauding Woman
- Senior Pastor Donates N1m For The Completion Of Mosque In Calabar (Photo)
- Newly Wed Lecturer Dies After 'Spiritual Attack' In Delta (Photos)
- NewPDP Can’t Be Ignored - Chieftain tells Buhari
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- NNPC’s Brass LNG Project: Anatomy of organized sabotage?
- Super Eagles will bounce back —Pinnick
- Neymar misses Brazil World Cup training
- 19-year old Super Eagles’ goalkeeper celebrates son’s 17th birthday
- Saudi Arabia suffers scare after plane catches fire
- Rohr replies Okocha over formation in Croatia c lash
- Nnaji hails Ambode appointment as delegate to Russia
- Why investors are scrambling for Japaul Oil shares
- MTN set to take over Visafone license
- ZTE shares plunges as Senate battles Trump over reprieve
- Fuel subsidy payment hits N2.4bn daily in May
- Female Medical Doctor Dies, 3 Nurses Slumps... they've not been paid for months
- Babymamas Drag Father's Day, Musician Gifts Dad New Bentley To Mark Father's Day
- China stocks tumble over fresh US fresh tariff threat
- Sickle cell patients get succor as M&B commences production of drug
- Buhari ignores Saraki, Dogara, others in new peace talk
- ISIS attacks: FG intensifies screening of passengers, luggage at airports
- NNPC, Shell to begin $10bn Bonga Southwest projects
- Equities market to rebound on bargain hunting
- Obasanjo Talks Tough, Calls For Sacking Of Buhari's Government
- Super Eagles Paying Too Much Attention To Fashion?
- Nigerian Lady Dies From Electrocution As She Slept Off While Charging Her Phone
- Lagos Police sack Commander of Anti-Cult Squad for "Corruption"
- Kidnapper Who Killed Nigerian Lawmaker After Collecting Ransom Captured In A Forest
- Buhari Shocks NewPDP, Says He Won't Meet With Them
- LASTMA officials ‘detain’ schoolchildren over driver’s traffic offence
- Be ready to accept defeat in good faith, Atiku tells APC
- Notorious Cultists Fight Openly In Lagos, One Killed
- 10 Skills That Are Very Useful To Know Today
- EFCC goes after politicians, parties’ bank accounts
- Abuja airport records 1.02m passengers in Q1 – FAAN
- Good Reasons To Consider Flying First Class When You Can
- "I Am Not Going To America" - Atiku Abubakar
- Lucky Boy who was Street Painter 4 Years Ago, is now a Millionaire Football Star