Owing to the low contribution of the insurance sector to the Gross Domestic Product, GDP, and the poor perception by the general public, a nationwide campaign to rebrand the industry is set to kick off in June, 2018.
The rebranding campaign, which is being championed by the Insurers Committee, is geared towards changing the negative perception of the public towards insurance as well as growing the number of insurance consumers to over 150 million from 37 million.
Addressing journalists yesterday in Lagos, Vice Chairman of the Publicity sub-committee of the Insurers Committee, who is also Managing Director, NSIA Insurance Company Limited, Mrs. Ebelechukwu Nwachukwu, said that the industry is set to launch the project which is expected to transform insurance operations in the country.
Nwachukwu said the Committee, an association of insurance companies and the regulatory body, the National Insurance Commission, NAICOM, has set out seven cardinal goals that will be pursued.
It will be recalled that to promote the project, NAICOM has contributed N40 million while most companies have also made their contributions towards the initiative.
Earlier, insurance operators had agreed to raise 50 percent of the funds for the rebranding project from companies’ gross premium income while the balance of 50 percent is to be shared evenly from profits realized by insurers.
The initiative, according to the Committee, will be driven via social media, print and electronics, adding that greater attention will be on the social media due to the youth population.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Lagos now third worst city to live
- Senators sue AGF, others over ‘plot’ to sack Saraki
- Saraki playing with high treason, says APC
- Lady Reveals How Her Bike Man Set Her Up For Robbery In Lagos
- Landlord Used "Juju" To Tie Tenants' Destiny In Lagos
- 37 NYSC Members Involved In Accident After Leaving Camp
- Kwankwaso Visits Governor Wike In Rivers (Photos)
- Driver R*pes Big Politician's Daughter, Gets Her Pregnant
- 2019: PDP accuses INEC of deadly silence over PVCs allegedly found at Daura’s home
- Female Professor S*xually Harassed A Male Student (Photos)
- 2019: Buhari Declines Assent To Electoral Act Amendment Bill
- Woman Who Left Her Husband Bathed With Acid By Young Lover (Graphic Photos)
- Oshiomhole Meets APC Senators Privately Over Saraki?
- Police Arrest Man With 3 Human Skulls For Money Ritual
- Robbers Who Disguises As NEPA Officials Caught, Tied Up (Pics)
- Saraki jitters over impeachment move
- Turkey, US face-off may put NSE at risk
- 2019: Saraki holds consultation meeting with Obasanjo
- Ekiti 2018: Fayose resumes battle to reclaim PDP victory
- DSS refutes finding of N21bn, Weapons, PVCs at Daura’s residence
- Married woman brutalises girl for taunting her about 'barrenness'
- Saraki's Impeachment Plot: Battle Shift To The Court
- Six Easy Ways to Stay in Shape During Vacation
- Saraki Can't Declare Akpabio's Seat Vacant - APC
- Nigerian Female Doctor Wins Appeal To Keep Her Job After Being Blacklisted In UK
- DSS Speaks On Alleged N21b, PVCs Found In Daura's House
- Saraki Holds Serious Meeting With Obasanjo
- Why Buhari Will Win 2019 Election - Presidency
- Akpabio Talks Tough: "If My Seat Is Declared Vacant, Saraki Must Lose His Seat'
- Story Of 7yrs Old Boy Who "Married" His Own Mother (Photos)
- Nigerian Doctor, Anthony Madu, Allegedly Nabbed For Fraud In UK Defends Himself
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- CR7’s debut match abandoned as Juventus fans invade the ground
- Pogba : Barcelona’s decision
- Court stops arrest warrant on INEC Chairman
- Key proteins associated with lung cancer
- Buhari announces running mate
- PDP accuses APC of rigging Bauchi senatorial by-election
- DSS clarifies issues on Daura investigation
- Barcelona’s Marc-Andre ter Stegen talks Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, LeBron James