Senate President, Bukola Saraki has said President Muhammadu Buhari will on Friday receive the 2018 budget.
Saraki made this known to State House correspondents after the breaking of (Ramadan) fast with Buhari at the President Villa, Abuja on Thursday.
Saraki explained that the delay in transmission of the budget to the president was informed by the fact that the two chambers of the National Assembly had passed different figures last week.
He, however, confirmed that the two chambers had harmonised the figures and concluded the exercise on Wednesday.
He said: “I think that should have been done, we had to harmonise, its just a slight difference, it has been passed yesterday (Wednesday).
“It was in the rules and proceedings of today. So, I am sure by tomorrow, we will transmit it to the Presidency.’’
Saraki thanked the President for inviting them for the breaking of fast and expressed the hope that the event would further enhance the existing cordial relationship between the executive and legislative arms of government.
The senate increased the 2018 budget from N8.612 trillion as proposed by Buhari to N9.12 trillion.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- ISIS fighters stormed Abuja, arrested
- INEC reveals preparation for managing over 100 parties, 80 million voters for 2019 polls
- How fraudsters made N12bn from Nigerian banks in 3 yrs
- Benue Crisis: Former governor arrested by DSS
- Innocent man miraculously survives after hired assassins butchered Him (Photos)
- Senior MTN Staff & Sister Arraigned For 'Defrauding' Man N50m
- Nigerian Footballer Gifts His Mother A House (Photos)
- Reckless Truck Driver Driving Against Traffic Hits Mum & Her Twins In Lagos
- Meet Blind Nigerian Teacher Who Has Authored 15 Books Including Maths Textbook & Novel
- Chelsea: To start new season with a new manager, 3 new players from Italy
- Opposition responsible for spate of killings, says Adesina
- APC goes to National Convention with escalating conflicts
- Atiku honours Jonathan as hero of democracy
- SERAP cautions Buhari: Consider ICC prosecution over cutting of critical projects by lawmakers
- Dickson loses Commissioner to APC
- Fresh crisis hits Obasanjo’s CNM, Agbakoba’s NIM
- Sowore holds meeting with Fulani herdsmen, farmers
- 2019: Buhari woos South-east with crude oil contracts
- Midseason transfer window to end tn 10 days.
- Oil: Escalating trade disputes weigh on markets
- Controversial Actress Cossy Beaten Up By Her Neighbor In Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- DSS Arrests Ex-Gov. Suswam Over Benue Killings.. recovers cars and ammunitions
- Wife Bathes Husband With Acid In Delta Over 'Other Women'
- Atiku Visits Jonathan At Home; Says History Will Be Fair To GEJ As A True Democrat
- "We Were So Poor We Borrowed To Feed" - Rich Footballer Lukaku Shares Life Story
- IPOB bounces back: Prints 40 million ballot papers for Biafra Referendum
- Gov. Dickson postponed wrestling National Classics
- Senegal kept African flag flying at World Cup
- Nigeria to host Men’s U21 African Nations Championship
- D’Tigers’ camp bubbles as training starts Wednesday
- Falconets intensity France 2018 build -up in Abuja
- Lady 'Dating Married Man' Found Dead With A Murder Note
- Investing in great teaching to truly prepare our students for the future of work
- Husband Beaten To Death By In-laws For "Maltreating" Wife
- UNILAG Disclaims Osun Poly Rector’s B.Sc After PhD Scandal
- NYSC Member Wins $2,500 Painting Competition In Lagos
- Items To Disinfect In Your Hotel Room
- NDDC Resumes Foreign Scholarship Scheme
- Robber Who Was Released 4 Days Ago Caught Stealing Again
- National Assembly Replies Buhari Over Their New 6,403 Projects: "We're Not Rubber Stamp"