Senate President, Bukola Saraki has said President Muhammadu Buhari will on Friday receive the 2018 budget.
Saraki made this known to State House correspondents after the breaking of (Ramadan) fast with Buhari at the President Villa, Abuja on Thursday.
Saraki explained that the delay in transmission of the budget to the president was informed by the fact that the two chambers of the National Assembly had passed different figures last week.
He, however, confirmed that the two chambers had harmonised the figures and concluded the exercise on Wednesday.
He said: “I think that should have been done, we had to harmonise, its just a slight difference, it has been passed yesterday (Wednesday).
“It was in the rules and proceedings of today. So, I am sure by tomorrow, we will transmit it to the Presidency.’’
Saraki thanked the President for inviting them for the breaking of fast and expressed the hope that the event would further enhance the existing cordial relationship between the executive and legislative arms of government.
The senate increased the 2018 budget from N8.612 trillion as proposed by Buhari to N9.12 trillion.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Story Of 7yrs Old Boy Who "Married" His Own Mother (Photos)
- Nigerian Doctor, Anthony Madu, Allegedly Nabbed For Fraud In UK Defends Himself
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- CR7’s debut match abandoned as Juventus fans invade the ground
- Pogba : Barcelona’s decision
- Court stops arrest warrant on INEC Chairman
- Key proteins associated with lung cancer
- Buhari announces running mate
- PDP accuses APC of rigging Bauchi senatorial by-election
- DSS clarifies issues on Daura investigation
- Barcelona’s Marc-Andre ter Stegen talks Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, LeBron James
- PSG: Adrien Rabiot’s future is uncertain
- Ronaldo survives death threats
- Sam Allarydce: Arsenal’s tactic against city too poor
- Luka Modric wants to be a star in Serie A with Inter Milan says agent
- Young Nigerian Constructs Helicopter For The Army
- 2019: Osinbajo Is The Running Mate To Buhari
- NIMASA may suspend seafarers with hepatitis condition
- We defecate in nylon bags, say truck drivers stuck in Apapa gridlock
- Customs suspends e-auction as vehicles worth billions rot away
- Angry Soldiers At Maiduguri Airport Threaten To Shoot Superiors
- Tony Elumelu's Beautiful Mum Set To Celebrate Her 90th Birthday
- Photos Of Aisha Buhari Being Conferred With An Honorary PhD
- 12yrs Old Boy Survives Plane Crash That Killed All Passengers
- Crude oil prices drop as tension rises over trade disputes
- Army reacts to protest by soldiers who seized airport
- Hoodlums rape Assemblies of God pastor to death
- Story Of Schoolgirl Abducted In Lagos & Sold Into Pros-titution
- Lady Beheaded In Imo, Body Dumped, Br*ast Cut Off (Graphic Pic)
- Buhari Not Happy With Osinbajo Over Sack Of Daura?
- APC makes new plot to cage, impeach Saraki, Ekweremadu – PDP
- SERAP tells NBC to lift the ban on JAY FM Jos radio station
- Smartphone light linked to rampant blindness—Study
- EFCC, Presidency at war over Saraki
- Deadly Kidnappers Ambush, Kill Four IGP Team Policemen
- Igbo Don’t Know How To Respect Their Leaders – Okorocha
- Thief Dies After Breaking His Skull While Escaping In Lagos
- Buhari Was Trained To Kill, Not To Be A Good President - Bafarawa
- Police Commissioner Returns N100k Bribe To Contractor, Detains Policeman
- Man Punches His Lover’s Mother to Death Over Custody of Child