Shagamu—The current administration has paid a total of N2.7 trillion owed various contractors, of which N47 billion went to road contractors, since coming into office in 2015.
Minister of State II for Power, Works and Housing, Alhaji Suleiman Zarma, made this known during a stop-over to inspect the reconstruction and asphalt overlay of the 98.414 kms Benin-Ofosu-Ore-Ajibandele-Shagamu dual carriageway, Phase IV.
He said: “These monies were paid not for jobs awarded by the present government but government did so believing that the contracts were awarded to benefit Nigerians.”
He said the Buhari-led administration was resolute in paying contractors for jobs executed.
Zarma, however, warned that the Federal Government would not condone sub-standard work, explaining that the Benin-Ofosu-Ore-Shagamu being handled by Reynolds Construction Company, RCC, was very strategic.
He also inspected the rehabilitation, reconstruction and expansion work on the 83.40 kms Lagos-Ibadan Dual Carriageway Section 1.
He commended the contractor, RCC, and urged them to redouble efforts to meet the July 3, 2018, completion deadline.
Zarma also inspected the construction of the 1.59km Rigid Pavement Access Road to NNPC Depot in Mosimi along Ikorodu-Shagamu Road.
He expressed displeasure that Borini Prono and Co Nig Ltd., the contractor, which had over 30 years experience in Nigeria and with outstanding jobs, could not deliver the road on schedule.
The minister said that issues delaying the completion of the job would be speedily reviewed to enable the contractor to fully mobilise to site and complete the project this year.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari and Ambode At The ECOWAS Border Post (Photos)
- Scam Uncovered In Federal Civil Service Commission Abuja
- Oshiomhole Begs Court: Reject Suit Seeking To Probe Me For Corruption
- $8.1bn scandal: CBN working with MTN to resolve crisis- Minister
- Saraki's Candidate for Kwara, Razak Atunwa Reacts To NYSC Certificate "Forgery" Saga
- Good Man Beaten To Death While Trying To Stop Hoodlum From R*ping A Woman
- Presidency In Panic Over Mass Defections of APC Men In Kano
- PHOTO: 9 Die In Fatal Accident On Lagos/Ibadan Expressway
- Female Corper Gets Apology From Principal Who Flogged Her; he says it was just anger
- Abuja Rail Can't Speed Above 90km/hr Because We Don't Want To Kill Cows - Amaechi
- Jonathan Invites Buhari, Obasanjo, Atiku To Launch
- Man Turns Neighbour’s 16-Year-Old Daughter To S*x Slave
- APC Lied, We Didn’t Take Zamfara List From Them – INEC
- TEARS! Mother & Her 2 Kids, Others Perish In Terrible Accident
- Pjanic: CR7 learned simplicity from scholes
- Hamilton’s fifth title on hold as Raikkonen shocks star to victory
- Chelsea player’s must must ease burden on hazard, Willian admits
- Good Luck to Real & Barca in signing Neymar – Marquinhos
- Sarri: Chelsea Fans must respect Mourinho
- Isco: We can’t cry over Cristiano
- Barcelona President: Neymar is not welcomed
- Iniesta leaves NIKE, signs with ASCIS
- Ranked! Top 10 EPL goalkeeper’s
- Federer reveals long-standing hand injury
- Blood Flows As Fight Breaks Out At A Popular Nigerian Bar In Ghana (Graphic Photos)
- DSS Breaks Silence On Nnamdi Kanu's Escape
- Buhari's Friend & DG of VON, Osita Okechukwu hits Oshiomhole
- President Buhari Arrives in Lagos
- Ogun APC: Amosun draws battle line with Tinubu, others
- Truck accidents hurt Nigeria’s economy–Report
- DSS fighting to clear self over Kanu’s escape allegation
- Why Is Buhari Always Protecting "Corrupt" NHIS Boss?
- Supreme Court Hits Hard On APC
- Inspector General of Police's Candidate For DIG Rejected
- Ekweremadu Fights Saraki? To Work For APC, Presidency
- Why Court Order Nigeria Police To Pay Charly Boy N50mllion
- Faces of Men Arrested for Attempted Murder of Lagos Lawyer
- Peter Obi Speaks On Igbo Leaders Position On His Nomination
- Pastors, Imams Will Associate With Politicians, Criticise When Necessary - Cardinal Okogie replies Buhari