News union and the Federal Government are making steady progress towards resolving the impasse and end the strike.
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Sen. Chris Ngigie, said on Thursday in Abuja that the Federal Government has been having series of meeting with the leadership of the striking health workers.
According to the minister, marathon meetings were held on Wednesday, while the meeting would also reconvene later on Thursday.
He said the CONHESS table that corresponds with the 2014 CONMESS adjustment with the Medical Doctors has been appropriately addressed by the National Salary Income and Wages Commission.
The minister said this has been given as an offer in the spirit of equity.
He, however, pleaded with the striking workers to call off the ongoing nationwide strike in the interest of the public.
JOHESU had commenced strike on April 17, following the Federal Government’s failure to implement agreement signed with the unions.
The union’s demands include adjustment of CONHESS salary as done for CONMESS since 2014, and abolition of scale to scale promotion, payment of outstanding arrears of promotion, skipping and relativity.
Others are autonomy of teaching and specialist hospitals, non execution of court judgments, review of retirement age from 60-65 years as done for teachers in the tertiary education sector.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- APC is funding Ekiti election with Abacha loots – PDP declares
- Ekiti July 14: Jonathan uses own experience to warn Buhari against using federal might
- Police parade soldier, 14 others for armed robbery
- Oil prices slump as OPEC, Russia consider output boost
- Musa Asabe: Why Family told CAN to stay away from funeral arrangement
- What you must do to keep kids with asthma out of hospital
- UCL Final: 5 signs showing Liverpool to win
- Klopp plan to distort Madrid’s plan
- UCF Final: You won’t believe Man United Legends prayer
- Woman attacks chief magistrate inside court
- Messi makes UCL team despite his absence in the final
- Ronaldo or Salah: You won’t believe Ramos’ choice
- Jubilations as Edo PDP chieftains return home from detention
- Kwara sports commissioner gives players hope
- Simba delegation storms Nigeria with 28 players
- AIPS President arrives PH to witness foundation-laying of Rivers Football Academy
- Edo FA Aiteo Cup climaxes Saturday
- Judicial Council official testifies against dollar-rich judge
- Shehu Sani, Others Set To Dump APC
- Buhari Should Mind The Way He Use Power, I Was There Before – Jonathan
- Actress Omoge Campus & I Were Separated For 7 Years Before She Died, Not Divorced – Husband
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Things To Do Before Selling Your Phone
- Soldier Appreciates God For His Life After Serving 4 Years Fighting Boko Haram
- My Wife Never Asked What I Had To Offer Before She Said 'Yes' - Comic Actor Saka
- REVEALED: Senators, Reps Bribed With N17bn To Pass Budget — Okonjo-Iweala
- Cholera outbreak: Yobe records 223 cases at Mubi Hospital
- Fidelity Bank eyes tier 1 status, unveils 4-year strategic plan
- Aviation sector has improved under Buhari – Unions
- MTN introduces 17-digit recharge PIN
- Best Mediterranean Diet For Weight Loss & Heart Health
- UBA lifts restriction on cash withdrawals abroad, Naira cards
- Grandmother ‘sentenced to death’ for drug trafficking
- Investors shun Banks over rising NPLs
- NSE index dips as bear continues to weigh on stocks
- Naira loses steam, remains stagnant at parallel market
- NBC compounds Okorocha’s woes, shuts down Reach FM
- Obaseki stalls bail condition for PDP leader – Nehikhare
- Ambode receives Leadership Award
- I don’t want this player against Liverpool, Ronaldo tells Zidane