News union and the Federal Government are making steady progress towards resolving the impasse and end the strike.
The Minister of Labour and Employment, Sen. Chris Ngigie, said on Thursday in Abuja that the Federal Government has been having series of meeting with the leadership of the striking health workers.
According to the minister, marathon meetings were held on Wednesday, while the meeting would also reconvene later on Thursday.
He said the CONHESS table that corresponds with the 2014 CONMESS adjustment with the Medical Doctors has been appropriately addressed by the National Salary Income and Wages Commission.
The minister said this has been given as an offer in the spirit of equity.
He, however, pleaded with the striking workers to call off the ongoing nationwide strike in the interest of the public.
JOHESU had commenced strike on April 17, following the Federal Government’s failure to implement agreement signed with the unions.
The union’s demands include adjustment of CONHESS salary as done for CONMESS since 2014, and abolition of scale to scale promotion, payment of outstanding arrears of promotion, skipping and relativity.
Others are autonomy of teaching and specialist hospitals, non execution of court judgments, review of retirement age from 60-65 years as done for teachers in the tertiary education sector.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019: Rivers, Zamfara APC candidates missing on INEC final list
- Buhari plots against Atiku
- 2019: Why Obiano is working for Buhari
- Your visit to US will not change perception about you, APC tells Atiku
- CUPP raises concerns over Buhari’s mental fitness
- APC plotting to rig 2019 elections – Dogara
- Finally, Atiku visits United States with Saraki, others
- May shuns Davos WEF over Brexit crisis
- Court vacates arrest warrant against Amaju Pinnick, others
- Coach Amapakabo pray for KU Coach Biffo who was kidnapped
- We still have a lot work to do— Ilechukwu
- Kwara United will return to winning ways – Oladimeji Thompson
- We want to be in Poland—-Aigbogun
- Super Falcons up against Steel Roses in Meizhou Wuhua
- Martins’ strike earns Rivers United point in Minna
- 2019: About 30 percent of registered parties active in Edo
- Herders to be inspected, certified before crossing into Nigeria
- Woman Cuts Maid With Razor Blade Over Baby Milk
- Buhari's Team Cries Out: PDP, Atiku Planning To Rig The Election
- Atiku's Journey To America: How It Really Happened
- Expert Back Atiku Over Plans To Privatise NNPC
- Popular Ghanaian Journalist Who Exposed Massive Corruption Shot Dead (Photos)
- Aso Rock Clinic Job: How Man Was Defrauded Of Millions
- Atiku Laughs With Saraki As He Arrives US, Checks Into Trump Hotel (Photos)
- See The Man Buhari Called APC Presidential Candidate, Leading To Reactions
- Amaechi Behind Secret Plot To Remove CJN Onnoghen?
- Buhari A Big Joke, Unfit To Be Administrator of Whatsapp Group - Atiku
- TRAGIC! Pregnant R*pe Victim Dies In Accident, Court Suspends Judgement On Man Who R*ped Her
- Oshiomhole: Once You Join The APC, Your Sins Are Forgiven
- Woman Caught Hiding 5 Expensive Rolex Watches In Her Privates
- Update From FG Or New Minimum Wage
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Conflicting reports about Atiku’s whereabouts in US
- Lawmakers suspend deliberations on 2019 budget
- Ganduje bribery scandal: Buhari’s excuse untenable, says Atiku
- Explain why Melaye is still in custody, Court orders Police
- Contract staff strength in banking sector rises 64% in Q3 2018 – NBS
- Atiku laments Sokoto killings, blames inertia in governance
- General elections: Increase security personnel, traditional rulers task INEC
- Stop attacks on BEDC, group warns Obaseki, others