NAIJ.com notes that this is the first time he will be meeting with the president since he was ousted as caretaker committee chairman of the opposition party.
Sheriff had met with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo at the Presidential Villa on September 22, 2017.
It was reported that Sheriff, who had interest in joining the ruling party in Abuja, was asked by the leadership of the party, to do so at his ward.
Although some of his allies were welcomed into the ruling party at the APC national secretariat in Abuja on Thursday, April 26, Sheriff was advised to register at the ward level in Borno.
Those welcomed to the party included: Senator Hope Uzodinma from Imo state and Senator Gbemi Saraki, younger sister of Senate president, Bukola Saraki; Senator Teslim Folarin, Ahmed Gulak, who served as political adviser to ex-president Goodluck Jonathan among many others.
A truce was later reached between Governor Shettima of Borno state and Sheriff; as the former and the state leadership of the APC agreed to allow the ex governor and his allies rejoin the ruling party.
At a meeting of the stakeholders of the party in Borno state on Friday, May 4, Sheriff said he left the Peoples Democratic Party due to the misunderstanding he had when he was national chairman of the party.
The next President of Nigeria. Who will win the 2019 elections? – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Airtel unveil mobile security for subscribers
- NYSC denies increase in corps monthly allowance
- Subscriber slams N250m suit on MTN
- CBN still ruthlessly efficient at reining in money in circulation
- Nigeria spends N488bn to subsidise fuel consumption in 8 months
- Tinubu absent as Buhari, APC launch 2019 campaign
- Saraki’s N400m 30-state funding of APC in 2015: SERAP demands INEC to probe campaign spending
- Minimum wage: Buhari meets with governors
- Dubai Building A Rotating Skyscraper... Here Are Details
- Lady Battered, Escapes From Man Who Tried To R*pe Her
- NLC, NANS rally for ASUU in Abuja
- Court remands randy Professor in prison
- Confusion trails Teleology’s takeover of 9mobile
- APC Legal Adviser battles Oshiomhole
- 2 houses burnt, 3 killed as birthday turns bloody
- Monkey kills 12-day-old baby after snatching him from mum
- 5 APC members dies in kwara ghastly motor accident
- Obasanjo sues journalist who accused him of killing Bola Ige
- DSTV: Subscribers demand pay-as-you-view billing system
- See Covenant University VC's Beautiful Wife & Kids (Photos)
- 2019: What Will Happen In Nigeria If Atiku Defeats Buhari
- Buhari Campaign Faults Atiku
- See What Woman Did To This Man In Delta (Graphic Photo)
- Atiku Reacts As Service Chiefs Attend Buhari's APC Political Campaign Launch
- Dejan Lovren: we shut Spain up
- Ronaldo and Georgina in church in Turin: wedding preparations?
- Juventus wants Asensio
- Bride & Groom Killed In Road Crash On Way To Their Wedding
- Missing Delta Student Found Dead; Tongue, Br*asts Removed
- Call Me Bastard If Buhari Doesn't Change Nigeria If Re-elected, says Okupe's Son
- Armed Thugs Attack Akwa Ibom Assembly Over APC Member Sacked By Court
- Here's Why Nigerian Economy Will Not Improve Under Buhari
- EFCC To Abuja Judge: Why We Can't Arrest Oshiomhole
- Nigerian Identical Twin Sisters Pregnant With Twins (Photos)
- BBC African Footballer if the Year list out
- FG ramps up 0.8tr in unpaid fuel subsidy
- Kane targets Rooney’s England goals record
- Emir Sanusi advises Muslims to be at forefront of good political leadership
- 21-yr-old mother kills baby immediately after birth
- 2019: Buhari, Atiku, Sowore lead in online poll