NAIJ.com notes that this is the first time he will be meeting with the president since he was ousted as caretaker committee chairman of the opposition party.
Sheriff had met with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo at the Presidential Villa on September 22, 2017.
It was reported that Sheriff, who had interest in joining the ruling party in Abuja, was asked by the leadership of the party, to do so at his ward.
Although some of his allies were welcomed into the ruling party at the APC national secretariat in Abuja on Thursday, April 26, Sheriff was advised to register at the ward level in Borno.
Those welcomed to the party included: Senator Hope Uzodinma from Imo state and Senator Gbemi Saraki, younger sister of Senate president, Bukola Saraki; Senator Teslim Folarin, Ahmed Gulak, who served as political adviser to ex-president Goodluck Jonathan among many others.
A truce was later reached between Governor Shettima of Borno state and Sheriff; as the former and the state leadership of the APC agreed to allow the ex governor and his allies rejoin the ruling party.
At a meeting of the stakeholders of the party in Borno state on Friday, May 4, Sheriff said he left the Peoples Democratic Party due to the misunderstanding he had when he was national chairman of the party.
The next President of Nigeria. Who will win the 2019 elections? – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Lagos Doctor Orders Nurse To Kneel Down, Flogs Her
- Photo Of Maradona Crying After Argentina Lost 3-0 To Croatia
- Woman Binds Her Son, Puts Him In Car and Sets It On Fire
- PDP Reacts To Presidency's Move To Build Cattle Ranches
- 2018 budget crisis: Dino Melaye hits back at Buhari over padding
- The Church leading ideological revolution in nation building
- Amazing Benefits of Wearing Deodorants
- Policeman Fights An Okada Man In Lagos Over N200 Bribe?
- DSS Nabs Two Suspected ISIS Leaders In Abuja
- Angry Nigerians Reacts To Senators, Reps 2018 Budget Padding
- Driver steals N10m goods, arrested while praying for forgiveness
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- ISIS fighters stormed Abuja, arrested
- INEC reveals preparation for managing over 100 parties, 80 million voters for 2019 polls
- How fraudsters made N12bn from Nigerian banks in 3 yrs
- Benue Crisis: Former governor arrested by DSS
- Innocent man miraculously survives after hired assassins butchered Him (Photos)
- Senior MTN Staff & Sister Arraigned For 'Defrauding' Man N50m
- Nigerian Footballer Gifts His Mother A House (Photos)
- Reckless Truck Driver Driving Against Traffic Hits Mum & Her Twins In Lagos
- Meet Blind Nigerian Teacher Who Has Authored 15 Books Including Maths Textbook & Novel
- Chelsea: To start new season with a new manager, 3 new players from Italy
- Opposition responsible for spate of killings, says Adesina
- APC goes to National Convention with escalating conflicts
- Atiku honours Jonathan as hero of democracy
- SERAP cautions Buhari: Consider ICC prosecution over cutting of critical projects by lawmakers
- Dickson loses Commissioner to APC
- Fresh crisis hits Obasanjo’s CNM, Agbakoba’s NIM
- Sowore holds meeting with Fulani herdsmen, farmers
- 2019: Buhari woos South-east with crude oil contracts
- Midseason transfer window to end tn 10 days.
- Oil: Escalating trade disputes weigh on markets
- Controversial Actress Cossy Beaten Up By Her Neighbor In Lagos (Graphic Photos)
- DSS Arrests Ex-Gov. Suswam Over Benue Killings.. recovers cars and ammunitions
- Wife Bathes Husband With Acid In Delta Over 'Other Women'
- Atiku Visits Jonathan At Home; Says History Will Be Fair To GEJ As A True Democrat
- "We Were So Poor We Borrowed To Feed" - Rich Footballer Lukaku Shares Life Story
- IPOB bounces back: Prints 40 million ballot papers for Biafra Referendum
- Gov. Dickson postponed wrestling National Classics
- Senegal kept African flag flying at World Cup