By Nwabueze Okonkwo
ONITSHA—BARELY two weeks after an 11-man car snatching syndicate operating in Anambra State was smashed by the state police command which led to the recovery of stolen exotic cars from them, the police in Ogidi Division have arrested another two car snatchers and recovered their operational vehicles with an AK-47 toy gun.
The suspects, according to our source were arrested on a tip-off by the divisional anti-crime patrol team at Ugwu-Nwasike area of Ogidi with the AK-47 toy gun and their operational bus and motorcycles, shortly after they allegedly snatched a brand new vehicle from its owner.
The Division also recovered a Lexus and Camry Spider snatched from their owners at Ichida and arrested two other suspected snatchers behind the dastardly act.
At the time of filing this report yesterday, the Divisional Police Officer at Ogidi, Mark Ijarafu (CSP) who confirmed the arrests and recoveries, told newsmen that most of the suspects had been transferred to Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS for further interrogations, while the two newly arrested suspects with an AK-47 toy gun were still being interrogated at Ogidi, for possible recovery of more stolen vehicles, adding that they would soon be transferred to SARS.
The state Commissioner of Police, Garba Umar had a forthnight ago, while parading the 11-man syndicate arrested by various police formations, including Ogidi Division, disclosed that a total of 11 exotic cars of various brands which were dispossessed from their owners at gunpoint by the suspects were equally recovered.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019: Rivers, Zamfara APC candidates missing on INEC final list
- Buhari plots against Atiku
- 2019: Why Obiano is working for Buhari
- Your visit to US will not change perception about you, APC tells Atiku
- CUPP raises concerns over Buhari’s mental fitness
- APC plotting to rig 2019 elections – Dogara
- Finally, Atiku visits United States with Saraki, others
- May shuns Davos WEF over Brexit crisis
- Court vacates arrest warrant against Amaju Pinnick, others
- Coach Amapakabo pray for KU Coach Biffo who was kidnapped
- We still have a lot work to do— Ilechukwu
- Kwara United will return to winning ways – Oladimeji Thompson
- We want to be in Poland—-Aigbogun
- Super Falcons up against Steel Roses in Meizhou Wuhua
- Martins’ strike earns Rivers United point in Minna
- 2019: About 30 percent of registered parties active in Edo
- Herders to be inspected, certified before crossing into Nigeria
- Woman Cuts Maid With Razor Blade Over Baby Milk
- Buhari's Team Cries Out: PDP, Atiku Planning To Rig The Election
- Atiku's Journey To America: How It Really Happened
- Expert Back Atiku Over Plans To Privatise NNPC
- Popular Ghanaian Journalist Who Exposed Massive Corruption Shot Dead (Photos)
- Aso Rock Clinic Job: How Man Was Defrauded Of Millions
- Atiku Laughs With Saraki As He Arrives US, Checks Into Trump Hotel (Photos)
- See The Man Buhari Called APC Presidential Candidate, Leading To Reactions
- Amaechi Behind Secret Plot To Remove CJN Onnoghen?
- Buhari A Big Joke, Unfit To Be Administrator of Whatsapp Group - Atiku
- TRAGIC! Pregnant R*pe Victim Dies In Accident, Court Suspends Judgement On Man Who R*ped Her
- Oshiomhole: Once You Join The APC, Your Sins Are Forgiven
- Woman Caught Hiding 5 Expensive Rolex Watches In Her Privates
- Update From FG Or New Minimum Wage
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Conflicting reports about Atiku’s whereabouts in US
- Lawmakers suspend deliberations on 2019 budget
- Ganduje bribery scandal: Buhari’s excuse untenable, says Atiku
- Explain why Melaye is still in custody, Court orders Police
- Contract staff strength in banking sector rises 64% in Q3 2018 – NBS
- Atiku laments Sokoto killings, blames inertia in governance
- General elections: Increase security personnel, traditional rulers task INEC
- Stop attacks on BEDC, group warns Obaseki, others