Members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, have declared their leader, Ibraheem El-Zakzaky, and his wife, Zainab, missing.
The group said their whereabouts were yet to be ascertained after they were ‘forcefully’ transported to a Kaduna Court.
DAILY POST reports that the El-Zakzakys were on Tuesday taken from the DSS custody in Abuja to Kaduna and arraigned before a state High Court on charges of culpable homicide and unlawful assembly.
They were reportedly brought back to Abuja same day to continue in detention under the DSS as directed by the Court.
However, members of the sect in Abuja told newsmen that they have not established contact with El-Zakzaky since he was taken to Kaduna and supposedly brought back to the FCT.
At the sidelines of an #FreeZakzaky protest staged on Wednesday evening, along Nyanya/Mararaba axis near the Abuja-Nasarawa border, the Secretary of IMN’s Academic Forum, Mallam Abdullahi Musa, said, “To be frank, recent developments by the Nigerian government under the leadership of President Buhari makes many conscious Nigerians and human right activists globally to wonder if Sheikh Zakzaky is wanted dead.
“Since, our leader was taken to Kaduna and reportedly brought back to Abuja, we have not been able to establish contact with him. All his phone numbers have remained switched-off.
“We were informed this morning, that he is also not at the DSS custody in Abuja. As it stand today, we cannot tell his whereabouts, and we want the alert the world about this.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- NLO will use Division 3 Playoff to correct past errors – Ogunnowo
- NBBF to refresh referees
- What Ighalo decided before Libya match
- Juve kicked me out to sign CR7— Higuain
- Wembley Stadium up for grabs
- This, among others can cause bed-wetting in adults
- Lawmakers tackles Ambode over Cleaner Lagos Initiative
- Financial infractions: NHIS Board suspends Yusuf indefinitely
- Nigeria’s foreign reserves on steady decline
- Man Utd won’t win title with Lukaku
- Chelsea determined not to let Hazard join Real
- Akpabio tackles Saraki
- Police, robbers in gun battle, 2 dead
- Bride Who Looked Sad On Wedding Day, Goes On Honeymoon, Kisses Hubby Happily
- Senior Police Officers: 3 AIGs promoted to DIGs, 4 CPs to AIGs
- Drunk Nigerian Governor’s Son Crushes 6 Persons In Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos)
- IG of Police Can Be Jailed for Seizing Dino Melaye's Passport?
- 3 Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photos)
- Skye Bank’s fall: The Inside story
- Can Atiku revives Nigeria’s struggling economy
- Missing General: Update On The Army's Actions
- Pretty Lady Goes Missing Just One Week To Her Wedding
- Ooni Of Ife Celebrates His 44th Birthday In Style (Photos)
- MUSON to host 22nd Music Festival
- Spain falls, Eagles Soar: Ighalo shares fate with Sterling
- Alexx Ekubo, IK Ogbonna collaborate with other celebs on a PVC awareness program
- Mafikizolo features Wizkid, Yemi Alade
- Chelsea vs Manchester United: What Sarri must know about Mourinho before match day
- Why 2 EPL players will never forgive Sergio Ramos
- What every woman must know about their bra
- Dining, managing your High Blood Pressure: drinks, foods to shun
- Proper treatment for mouth odour
- 7 ways of keeping a healthy erection
- ‘Cultist’ Threatens To ‘Kill’ Lagos DPO
- Court Stops APC From Sending Delta Cndidates’ List To INEC
- "My Brother Was Tortured By Lagos Police To Coma"
- See Properties EFCC Said They Traced To Fayose; to seek order for total forfeiture
- Lady Shares Her Robbery Experience In Lagos Traffic (Photos)
- "We Won't Accept It" - Labour reacts to "No Work, No Pay"
- Djinee recovers from serious auto crash