Members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, have declared their leader, Ibraheem El-Zakzaky, and his wife, Zainab, missing.
The group said their whereabouts were yet to be ascertained after they were ‘forcefully’ transported to a Kaduna Court.
DAILY POST reports that the El-Zakzakys were on Tuesday taken from the DSS custody in Abuja to Kaduna and arraigned before a state High Court on charges of culpable homicide and unlawful assembly.
They were reportedly brought back to Abuja same day to continue in detention under the DSS as directed by the Court.
However, members of the sect in Abuja told newsmen that they have not established contact with El-Zakzaky since he was taken to Kaduna and supposedly brought back to the FCT.
At the sidelines of an #FreeZakzaky protest staged on Wednesday evening, along Nyanya/Mararaba axis near the Abuja-Nasarawa border, the Secretary of IMN’s Academic Forum, Mallam Abdullahi Musa, said, “To be frank, recent developments by the Nigerian government under the leadership of President Buhari makes many conscious Nigerians and human right activists globally to wonder if Sheikh Zakzaky is wanted dead.
“Since, our leader was taken to Kaduna and reportedly brought back to Abuja, we have not been able to establish contact with him. All his phone numbers have remained switched-off.
“We were informed this morning, that he is also not at the DSS custody in Abuja. As it stand today, we cannot tell his whereabouts, and we want the alert the world about this.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Customs intercepts one million bags of toxic rice
- Demolition of Ayefele’s Fresh FM: SERAP chides Gov Ajimobi of executive rascality
- Saraki wants to sabotage 2019 general elections, says Shehu
- 3 Ladies Found Dead In Abuja Hotel Room, Body Parts Removed (Graphic Photos)
- Here's The Housegirl Who Killed Her Madam In Edo
- Senator Adeleke's Certificate Saga: Matters Arising
- Kwankwaso Not Welcome In Kano - Governor Ganduje
- Security Man Steals N2m From School Account
- Nursing Mother, Baby Drown As Lagos Officials Chase Residents
- Nigeria Yet To Recover From Economic Recession – NBS Boss
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- 5 Ways To Know If You Are Dehydrated
- NUJ Reacts To Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Radio House
- PDP Writes Saraki To Declare Akpabio's Seat Vacant
- Politician Attacked By Thugs, Left With Broken Head (Photos)
- Saraki, Tambuwal Are Scared Of President Buhari - Tinubu
- Wife Stabs Husband To Death Over 'Another Woman' In Delta
- Saraki Fires Back: Buhari Presidency Lacks Foresight, Too Slow
- Outrage Over Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio Station
- Presidency Replies Saraki
- Why Jonathan Was A Better President Than Buhari - Dino Melaye
- Lagos To Shut Down Third Mainland Bridge This Week (Details)
- Giwa didn’t win any election— Jones-Ere
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd manager says Man City ‘cannot buy class’
- Lionel Messi’s brother sentenced for possessing illegal firearm.
- D’Tigress bury hatchet; focus on World Cup preparation
- Lawmaker calls for NASS budget probe under Saraki
- Doctor convicted of sexual assault of patient gets probation
- Defection: Tambuwal govt in disarray as oath taking scatters administration
- Nigerian top runner hails Lagos Media Marathon
- EFCC opens fresh probe of Saraki
- 2019: PDP at crossroads
- Nigeria envoy wants citizens banned from Saudi Arabia
- Nigeria’s economy still struggling, says expert
- House deputy Speaker fumes, states position on defection from APC
- Yinka Ayefele’s FM Continues Broadcasting Despite Demolition
- See How A Female Soldier Brutalize Her Househelp In Lagos
- FIFA Ban : Who can save Nigeria from herself ?
- Oyo state government demolishes Yinka Ayefele’s radio station
- FCMB staff abscond with N500m customers’ deposits