Forthright Properties MD, two others remanded in prison over N120m land scam
By Evelyn Usman & Onozure Dania
Lagos—A Chief Magistrate’s Court, sitting at Ebute-Metta, Lagos, yesterday, sentenced a property developer, Alhaji Ayobami Oseni, to 10 years imprisonment for defrauding 133 accommodation seekers of N25 million.
This is as Managing Director, Forthright Properties Limited, Mr Isaac Akintoye, was, also remanded in prison custody over alleged N120 million land scam, on the orders of Justice Mojisola Dada of the Lagos State High Court Ikeja.
Chief Magistrate O. O. Olatunji convicted the property developer, Oseni, after his plea of “guilty” to 267 counts of conspiracy, obtaining under false pretences and stealing.
Olatunji saidthe offences contravened Section 285, and is punishable under sections 312 and 409 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
He sentenced Oseni to 10 years imprisonment on each of the 267 counts without an option of fine.
The magistrate said the sentence, which is to run concurrently, takes effect from April 26, 2017 when Oseni was remanded in prison custody following the revocation of his bail.
Forthright Properties MD, 2 others remanded in prison over N120m scam
Also yesterday, Managing Director, Forthright Properties Limited, Mr Isaac Akintoye, was remanded in prison custody over alleged N120 million land scam, on the orders of Justice Mojosola Dada of the Lagos State High Court Ikeja.
Remanded alongside Akintoye, were Samuel Okeke and Ifeanyi Ndigwe.
The trio were arraigned by Economics and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on a 16-count charge bordering on stealing and fraud. They are to remain in prison custody pending when the court will hear and determine their bail application.
However, when the charges were read out to the three businessmen, they pleaded not guilty. A trial date by the EFCC counsel was sought from the judge but the defence counsel interjected , informing the court of a pending application for bail.
Consequently, the date for hearing of the bail applications for the businessmen was fixed for May 22, 2018, while June 6, 2018 was fixed for the commencement of trial by Justice Dada , with an order by the court that the businessmen be remanded in prison custody in the meantime.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019: Rivers, Zamfara APC candidates missing on INEC final list
- Buhari plots against Atiku
- 2019: Why Obiano is working for Buhari
- Your visit to US will not change perception about you, APC tells Atiku
- CUPP raises concerns over Buhari’s mental fitness
- APC plotting to rig 2019 elections – Dogara
- Finally, Atiku visits United States with Saraki, others
- May shuns Davos WEF over Brexit crisis
- Court vacates arrest warrant against Amaju Pinnick, others
- Coach Amapakabo pray for KU Coach Biffo who was kidnapped
- We still have a lot work to do— Ilechukwu
- Kwara United will return to winning ways – Oladimeji Thompson
- We want to be in Poland—-Aigbogun
- Super Falcons up against Steel Roses in Meizhou Wuhua
- Martins’ strike earns Rivers United point in Minna
- 2019: About 30 percent of registered parties active in Edo
- Herders to be inspected, certified before crossing into Nigeria
- Woman Cuts Maid With Razor Blade Over Baby Milk
- Buhari's Team Cries Out: PDP, Atiku Planning To Rig The Election
- Atiku's Journey To America: How It Really Happened
- Expert Back Atiku Over Plans To Privatise NNPC
- Popular Ghanaian Journalist Who Exposed Massive Corruption Shot Dead (Photos)
- Aso Rock Clinic Job: How Man Was Defrauded Of Millions
- Atiku Laughs With Saraki As He Arrives US, Checks Into Trump Hotel (Photos)
- See The Man Buhari Called APC Presidential Candidate, Leading To Reactions
- Amaechi Behind Secret Plot To Remove CJN Onnoghen?
- Buhari A Big Joke, Unfit To Be Administrator of Whatsapp Group - Atiku
- TRAGIC! Pregnant R*pe Victim Dies In Accident, Court Suspends Judgement On Man Who R*ped Her
- Oshiomhole: Once You Join The APC, Your Sins Are Forgiven
- Woman Caught Hiding 5 Expensive Rolex Watches In Her Privates
- Update From FG Or New Minimum Wage
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Conflicting reports about Atiku’s whereabouts in US
- Lawmakers suspend deliberations on 2019 budget
- Ganduje bribery scandal: Buhari’s excuse untenable, says Atiku
- Explain why Melaye is still in custody, Court orders Police
- Contract staff strength in banking sector rises 64% in Q3 2018 – NBS
- Atiku laments Sokoto killings, blames inertia in governance
- General elections: Increase security personnel, traditional rulers task INEC
- Stop attacks on BEDC, group warns Obaseki, others