Forthright Properties MD, two others remanded in prison over N120m land scam
By Evelyn Usman & Onozure Dania
Lagos—A Chief Magistrate’s Court, sitting at Ebute-Metta, Lagos, yesterday, sentenced a property developer, Alhaji Ayobami Oseni, to 10 years imprisonment for defrauding 133 accommodation seekers of N25 million.
This is as Managing Director, Forthright Properties Limited, Mr Isaac Akintoye, was, also remanded in prison custody over alleged N120 million land scam, on the orders of Justice Mojisola Dada of the Lagos State High Court Ikeja.
Chief Magistrate O. O. Olatunji convicted the property developer, Oseni, after his plea of “guilty” to 267 counts of conspiracy, obtaining under false pretences and stealing.
Olatunji saidthe offences contravened Section 285, and is punishable under sections 312 and 409 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2011.
He sentenced Oseni to 10 years imprisonment on each of the 267 counts without an option of fine.
The magistrate said the sentence, which is to run concurrently, takes effect from April 26, 2017 when Oseni was remanded in prison custody following the revocation of his bail.
Forthright Properties MD, 2 others remanded in prison over N120m scam
Also yesterday, Managing Director, Forthright Properties Limited, Mr Isaac Akintoye, was remanded in prison custody over alleged N120 million land scam, on the orders of Justice Mojosola Dada of the Lagos State High Court Ikeja.
Remanded alongside Akintoye, were Samuel Okeke and Ifeanyi Ndigwe.
The trio were arraigned by Economics and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on a 16-count charge bordering on stealing and fraud. They are to remain in prison custody pending when the court will hear and determine their bail application.
However, when the charges were read out to the three businessmen, they pleaded not guilty. A trial date by the EFCC counsel was sought from the judge but the defence counsel interjected , informing the court of a pending application for bail.
Consequently, the date for hearing of the bail applications for the businessmen was fixed for May 22, 2018, while June 6, 2018 was fixed for the commencement of trial by Justice Dada , with an order by the court that the businessmen be remanded in prison custody in the meantime.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- NRA promotion exam holds
- Ronaldo doesn’t guarantee Juventus the title, warns Allegri
- Kofi Anan dies in Switzerland
- NAFRC commandant pulled out from service
- Osun: Parties left out of ballot paper, INEC explains
- Nigeria loses N126.2Bn on abandoned FG properties in Lagos – Unilag Don
- Relatives protest as rescue efforts end at collapsed Abuja building
- Saraki, Ahmed under fire as EFCC tightens noose
- Your ambition a pipe dream, BMO tells Tambuwal
- Why 2019 elections may be delayed
- Story Of Woman & Her Two Daughters Impregnated By One Man
- See The Plane Biafra Leader Ojukwu Used In Fleeing From Nigeria During Civil War (Photos)
- Don't Expose Your Marriage to Your Mother if She Doesn't Respect The Word of God
- Lagos Big Boy, Mark Osigwe, Shot Dead By Assassins (Photos)
- We’ll Humiliate Saraki Out Of Office - APC Senator | He Replies
- Woman Shot Dead By NDLEA During Raid In Lagos
- EFCC Goes After Saraki, Gov. Ahmed Over N7Billion Bond
- APC Already Looking For A New Senate President?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How To Get Your Glow Back After Having A Baby
- Housemaid Kills Her Madam By Smashing Her Head With Stone
- Saraki Arrives Akwa Ibom In Style, Received By Crowd (Photos)
- Businessman Killed By Cultists 'On Revenge Mission' In Delta
- Saraki’s 2019 Presidential Ambition Alters Calculations In PDP
- Two Dead, 20 Trapped As Building Collapsed In Abuja
- 2019: The Big Battle For PDP Presidential Ticket Hots Up
- Demolition of my N800m music house political –Yinka Ayefele
- Nigeria’s democracy under threat, says Moghalu
- CBN floods economy with lower Naira denominations
- Saraki declares for 2019
- Israeli PM in corruption scandal
- Lagos State Govt denies privatising water supply
- Sales of pre-registered SIM cards boom despite fines
- I promise better welfare ahead of NWPL resumption –Hon. Odunlade
- Falconets eliminated from World Cup
- FIFA rejects Dalung’s ministerial visit offer
- Dollar depreciates against Naira at parallel market
- INEC Releases 2019 General Elections Notice In Lagos
- I'm An Experienced Job Creator - Atiku
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution