By Olasunkanmi Akoni & Monsuru Olowoopejo
Commissioner for Housing, Gbolahan Lawal, disclosed this at a ministerial press conference in Ikeja to commemorate the third year anniversary of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode administration.
Gbolahan stressed that the proposed housing units would be in joint partnership under its housing programme, tagged: “Lagos Affordable Public Housing “(LAPH), initiative, aimed at injecting private funds into housing provision.
The commissioner stated that the new housing plan would assist government to reduce housing deficit, which was put at three million.
According to Lawal, “This initiative is implemented through a Joint Venture arrangement between the State and the private investor/Joint Venture Partner. Under this initiative, the State provides land, the documentation in terms of permits, approvals, registration of documents and stamping as its own contribution to the Joint Venture while the Joint Venture Partner provides funds and construction expertise as its contribution.
“In line with the investment policy of LASG and for the purpose of creating an investment data base, title to the project site is vested in IBILE Holdings Limited, the investment agency of the state government which will in turn grant a deed of sublease of the unexpired residue of its interest to the special purpose vehicle/project company to be incorporated for the purpose of execution and management of the project.”
According to him, the Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV)/Project Company is made up of both parties and that the shareholding would be based on the value of the equity contribution of the parties.
Under the joint venture arrangement, Gbolahan said 14,187 housing units would be delivered very soon, adding that the Ikota and Ogmbo scheme would deliver 3,300 housing units, being developed by Multi-Purpose Infrastructure Development Construction Limited, while the Ibeshe and Owutu scheme that would deliver 3,000 housing units was being developed by Affordable Mass Housing Company Limited.
Other joint venture partnership arrangements are the Igbogbo Housing Scheme, being developed by M-Bridge Ltd. To deliver 416 housing units; Ijora-Badiya, being developed by Brains and Hammers Limited, with 771 housing units; Imota, Ayobo and Idale scheme by Echostone Management Corp, with 2,000 housing units being developed; Ilamoye-Isolo and Abijo Scheme, a 2,464 housing units scheme being developed by Baden Moyet Nigeria Limited/Lemine Investment Group and Tolu, while the Abule Ado housing scheme being developed by Tact Urban Infrastructure Development will deliver 2,126 housing units.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Customs intercepts one million bags of toxic rice
- Demolition of Ayefele’s Fresh FM: SERAP chides Gov Ajimobi of executive rascality
- Saraki wants to sabotage 2019 general elections, says Shehu
- 3 Ladies Found Dead In Abuja Hotel Room, Body Parts Removed (Graphic Photos)
- Here's The Housegirl Who Killed Her Madam In Edo
- Senator Adeleke's Certificate Saga: Matters Arising
- Kwankwaso Not Welcome In Kano - Governor Ganduje
- Security Man Steals N2m From School Account
- Nursing Mother, Baby Drown As Lagos Officials Chase Residents
- Nigeria Yet To Recover From Economic Recession – NBS Boss
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- 5 Ways To Know If You Are Dehydrated
- NUJ Reacts To Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Radio House
- PDP Writes Saraki To Declare Akpabio's Seat Vacant
- Politician Attacked By Thugs, Left With Broken Head (Photos)
- Saraki, Tambuwal Are Scared Of President Buhari - Tinubu
- Wife Stabs Husband To Death Over 'Another Woman' In Delta
- Saraki Fires Back: Buhari Presidency Lacks Foresight, Too Slow
- Outrage Over Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio Station
- Presidency Replies Saraki
- Why Jonathan Was A Better President Than Buhari - Dino Melaye
- Lagos To Shut Down Third Mainland Bridge This Week (Details)
- Giwa didn’t win any election— Jones-Ere
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd manager says Man City ‘cannot buy class’
- Lionel Messi’s brother sentenced for possessing illegal firearm.
- D’Tigress bury hatchet; focus on World Cup preparation
- Lawmaker calls for NASS budget probe under Saraki
- Doctor convicted of sexual assault of patient gets probation
- Defection: Tambuwal govt in disarray as oath taking scatters administration
- Nigerian top runner hails Lagos Media Marathon
- EFCC opens fresh probe of Saraki
- 2019: PDP at crossroads
- Nigeria envoy wants citizens banned from Saudi Arabia
- Nigeria’s economy still struggling, says expert
- House deputy Speaker fumes, states position on defection from APC
- Yinka Ayefele’s FM Continues Broadcasting Despite Demolition
- See How A Female Soldier Brutalize Her Househelp In Lagos
- FIFA Ban : Who can save Nigeria from herself ?
- Oyo state government demolishes Yinka Ayefele’s radio station
- FCMB staff abscond with N500m customers’ deposits