By Olasunkanmi Akoni & Monsuru Olowoopejo
Commissioner for Housing, Gbolahan Lawal, disclosed this at a ministerial press conference in Ikeja to commemorate the third year anniversary of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode administration.
Gbolahan stressed that the proposed housing units would be in joint partnership under its housing programme, tagged: “Lagos Affordable Public Housing “(LAPH), initiative, aimed at injecting private funds into housing provision.
The commissioner stated that the new housing plan would assist government to reduce housing deficit, which was put at three million.
According to Lawal, “This initiative is implemented through a Joint Venture arrangement between the State and the private investor/Joint Venture Partner. Under this initiative, the State provides land, the documentation in terms of permits, approvals, registration of documents and stamping as its own contribution to the Joint Venture while the Joint Venture Partner provides funds and construction expertise as its contribution.
“In line with the investment policy of LASG and for the purpose of creating an investment data base, title to the project site is vested in IBILE Holdings Limited, the investment agency of the state government which will in turn grant a deed of sublease of the unexpired residue of its interest to the special purpose vehicle/project company to be incorporated for the purpose of execution and management of the project.”
According to him, the Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV)/Project Company is made up of both parties and that the shareholding would be based on the value of the equity contribution of the parties.
Under the joint venture arrangement, Gbolahan said 14,187 housing units would be delivered very soon, adding that the Ikota and Ogmbo scheme would deliver 3,300 housing units, being developed by Multi-Purpose Infrastructure Development Construction Limited, while the Ibeshe and Owutu scheme that would deliver 3,000 housing units was being developed by Affordable Mass Housing Company Limited.
Other joint venture partnership arrangements are the Igbogbo Housing Scheme, being developed by M-Bridge Ltd. To deliver 416 housing units; Ijora-Badiya, being developed by Brains and Hammers Limited, with 771 housing units; Imota, Ayobo and Idale scheme by Echostone Management Corp, with 2,000 housing units being developed; Ilamoye-Isolo and Abijo Scheme, a 2,464 housing units scheme being developed by Baden Moyet Nigeria Limited/Lemine Investment Group and Tolu, while the Abule Ado housing scheme being developed by Tact Urban Infrastructure Development will deliver 2,126 housing units.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- NLO will use Division 3 Playoff to correct past errors – Ogunnowo
- NBBF to refresh referees
- What Ighalo decided before Libya match
- Juve kicked me out to sign CR7— Higuain
- Wembley Stadium up for grabs
- This, among others can cause bed-wetting in adults
- Lawmakers tackles Ambode over Cleaner Lagos Initiative
- Financial infractions: NHIS Board suspends Yusuf indefinitely
- Nigeria’s foreign reserves on steady decline
- Man Utd won’t win title with Lukaku
- Chelsea determined not to let Hazard join Real
- Akpabio tackles Saraki
- Police, robbers in gun battle, 2 dead
- Bride Who Looked Sad On Wedding Day, Goes On Honeymoon, Kisses Hubby Happily
- Senior Police Officers: 3 AIGs promoted to DIGs, 4 CPs to AIGs
- Drunk Nigerian Governor’s Son Crushes 6 Persons In Ghastly Motor Accident (Photos)
- IG of Police Can Be Jailed for Seizing Dino Melaye's Passport?
- 3 Story Building Collapses In Anambra, 11 Trapped (Photos)
- Skye Bank’s fall: The Inside story
- Can Atiku revives Nigeria’s struggling economy
- Missing General: Update On The Army's Actions
- Pretty Lady Goes Missing Just One Week To Her Wedding
- Ooni Of Ife Celebrates His 44th Birthday In Style (Photos)
- MUSON to host 22nd Music Festival
- Spain falls, Eagles Soar: Ighalo shares fate with Sterling
- Alexx Ekubo, IK Ogbonna collaborate with other celebs on a PVC awareness program
- Mafikizolo features Wizkid, Yemi Alade
- Chelsea vs Manchester United: What Sarri must know about Mourinho before match day
- Why 2 EPL players will never forgive Sergio Ramos
- What every woman must know about their bra
- Dining, managing your High Blood Pressure: drinks, foods to shun
- Proper treatment for mouth odour
- 7 ways of keeping a healthy erection
- ‘Cultist’ Threatens To ‘Kill’ Lagos DPO
- Court Stops APC From Sending Delta Cndidates’ List To INEC
- "My Brother Was Tortured By Lagos Police To Coma"
- See Properties EFCC Said They Traced To Fayose; to seek order for total forfeiture
- Lady Shares Her Robbery Experience In Lagos Traffic (Photos)
- "We Won't Accept It" - Labour reacts to "No Work, No Pay"
- Djinee recovers from serious auto crash