By Jimitota Onoyume
WARRI—Ugunami Orho-Agbarho community, in Ughelli, Delta State, has enjoined Hausa and other non-natives to see the place as home, promising that the community will continue to accord them all the respect and regard they deserve.
Speaking against the backdrop of a recent court ruling that remanded a native in prison custody for allegedly attacking a Hausa man residing in the community, president of the community, Mr Joseph Ibuje, said the community would always promote justice for all irrespective of religion or place of origin.
He appealed to non- natives residing in the area to see the community as their home.
“The Magistrate Court sitting in Orho-Agbarho remanded a native in prison custody, who in connivance with others at large, robbed one Suleman Mohammed of his valuables, until further hearing in the case against them.
“We are doing all these to let our youths know that despite the fact that they are from this community, it does not give them the right to disobey the law. We are urging leaders in Nigeria to do the needful by handing over criminal elements in their communities to security agencies so as to forestall total breakdown of law and order.”
“For the reason that the man that was attacked is an Hausa man and the people that attacked him are from this community does not stop us from doing the needful for justice to prevail. This is why we took it upon ourselves to ensure that those who carried out that robbery attack on the Hausa man are brought to book.
“There are issues you treat with levity and there are some you don’t treat that way because if you don’t stop them now, they may degenerate to other worst forms. Two of our boys committed this offence, one has been demanded in prison custody. The community is looking for the other one still at large and once we get our hands on him, we will hand him over to the police accordingly. We don’t want people to give our community a bad name,” he said.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019: Rivers, Zamfara APC candidates missing on INEC final list
- Buhari plots against Atiku
- 2019: Why Obiano is working for Buhari
- Your visit to US will not change perception about you, APC tells Atiku
- CUPP raises concerns over Buhari’s mental fitness
- APC plotting to rig 2019 elections – Dogara
- Finally, Atiku visits United States with Saraki, others
- May shuns Davos WEF over Brexit crisis
- Court vacates arrest warrant against Amaju Pinnick, others
- Coach Amapakabo pray for KU Coach Biffo who was kidnapped
- We still have a lot work to do— Ilechukwu
- Kwara United will return to winning ways – Oladimeji Thompson
- We want to be in Poland—-Aigbogun
- Super Falcons up against Steel Roses in Meizhou Wuhua
- Martins’ strike earns Rivers United point in Minna
- 2019: About 30 percent of registered parties active in Edo
- Herders to be inspected, certified before crossing into Nigeria
- Woman Cuts Maid With Razor Blade Over Baby Milk
- Buhari's Team Cries Out: PDP, Atiku Planning To Rig The Election
- Atiku's Journey To America: How It Really Happened
- Expert Back Atiku Over Plans To Privatise NNPC
- Popular Ghanaian Journalist Who Exposed Massive Corruption Shot Dead (Photos)
- Aso Rock Clinic Job: How Man Was Defrauded Of Millions
- Atiku Laughs With Saraki As He Arrives US, Checks Into Trump Hotel (Photos)
- See The Man Buhari Called APC Presidential Candidate, Leading To Reactions
- Amaechi Behind Secret Plot To Remove CJN Onnoghen?
- Buhari A Big Joke, Unfit To Be Administrator of Whatsapp Group - Atiku
- TRAGIC! Pregnant R*pe Victim Dies In Accident, Court Suspends Judgement On Man Who R*ped Her
- Oshiomhole: Once You Join The APC, Your Sins Are Forgiven
- Woman Caught Hiding 5 Expensive Rolex Watches In Her Privates
- Update From FG Or New Minimum Wage
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Conflicting reports about Atiku’s whereabouts in US
- Lawmakers suspend deliberations on 2019 budget
- Ganduje bribery scandal: Buhari’s excuse untenable, says Atiku
- Explain why Melaye is still in custody, Court orders Police
- Contract staff strength in banking sector rises 64% in Q3 2018 – NBS
- Atiku laments Sokoto killings, blames inertia in governance
- General elections: Increase security personnel, traditional rulers task INEC
- Stop attacks on BEDC, group warns Obaseki, others