By Jimitota Onoyume
WARRI—Ugunami Orho-Agbarho community, in Ughelli, Delta State, has enjoined Hausa and other non-natives to see the place as home, promising that the community will continue to accord them all the respect and regard they deserve.
Speaking against the backdrop of a recent court ruling that remanded a native in prison custody for allegedly attacking a Hausa man residing in the community, president of the community, Mr Joseph Ibuje, said the community would always promote justice for all irrespective of religion or place of origin.
He appealed to non- natives residing in the area to see the community as their home.
“The Magistrate Court sitting in Orho-Agbarho remanded a native in prison custody, who in connivance with others at large, robbed one Suleman Mohammed of his valuables, until further hearing in the case against them.
“We are doing all these to let our youths know that despite the fact that they are from this community, it does not give them the right to disobey the law. We are urging leaders in Nigeria to do the needful by handing over criminal elements in their communities to security agencies so as to forestall total breakdown of law and order.”
“For the reason that the man that was attacked is an Hausa man and the people that attacked him are from this community does not stop us from doing the needful for justice to prevail. This is why we took it upon ourselves to ensure that those who carried out that robbery attack on the Hausa man are brought to book.
“There are issues you treat with levity and there are some you don’t treat that way because if you don’t stop them now, they may degenerate to other worst forms. Two of our boys committed this offence, one has been demanded in prison custody. The community is looking for the other one still at large and once we get our hands on him, we will hand him over to the police accordingly. We don’t want people to give our community a bad name,” he said.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- NRA promotion exam holds
- Ronaldo doesn’t guarantee Juventus the title, warns Allegri
- Kofi Anan dies in Switzerland
- NAFRC commandant pulled out from service
- Osun: Parties left out of ballot paper, INEC explains
- Nigeria loses N126.2Bn on abandoned FG properties in Lagos – Unilag Don
- Relatives protest as rescue efforts end at collapsed Abuja building
- Saraki, Ahmed under fire as EFCC tightens noose
- Your ambition a pipe dream, BMO tells Tambuwal
- Why 2019 elections may be delayed
- Story Of Woman & Her Two Daughters Impregnated By One Man
- See The Plane Biafra Leader Ojukwu Used In Fleeing From Nigeria During Civil War (Photos)
- Don't Expose Your Marriage to Your Mother if She Doesn't Respect The Word of God
- Lagos Big Boy, Mark Osigwe, Shot Dead By Assassins (Photos)
- We’ll Humiliate Saraki Out Of Office - APC Senator | He Replies
- Woman Shot Dead By NDLEA During Raid In Lagos
- EFCC Goes After Saraki, Gov. Ahmed Over N7Billion Bond
- APC Already Looking For A New Senate President?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How To Get Your Glow Back After Having A Baby
- Housemaid Kills Her Madam By Smashing Her Head With Stone
- Saraki Arrives Akwa Ibom In Style, Received By Crowd (Photos)
- Businessman Killed By Cultists 'On Revenge Mission' In Delta
- Saraki’s 2019 Presidential Ambition Alters Calculations In PDP
- Two Dead, 20 Trapped As Building Collapsed In Abuja
- 2019: The Big Battle For PDP Presidential Ticket Hots Up
- Demolition of my N800m music house political –Yinka Ayefele
- Nigeria’s democracy under threat, says Moghalu
- CBN floods economy with lower Naira denominations
- Saraki declares for 2019
- Israeli PM in corruption scandal
- Lagos State Govt denies privatising water supply
- Sales of pre-registered SIM cards boom despite fines
- I promise better welfare ahead of NWPL resumption –Hon. Odunlade
- Falconets eliminated from World Cup
- FIFA rejects Dalung’s ministerial visit offer
- Dollar depreciates against Naira at parallel market
- INEC Releases 2019 General Elections Notice In Lagos
- I'm An Experienced Job Creator - Atiku
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution