– Premier League giants, Manchester United, have emerged as favourites to sign Leicester defender Harry Maguire
– Maguire has been one of Leicester’s stand-out players this season since his £16m move from Hull last summer
– And it is understood that Maguire will make a decision on his Leicester future after England’s World Cup bid
Premier League giants, Manchester United, have emerged as favourites to sign Leicester defender Harry Maguire.
Maguire has been one of Leicester’s stand-out players this season since his £16m move from Hull last summer.
The 25-year-old was handed his England debut last August and he made Gareth Southgate’s recently released squad for the World Cup in Russia.
According to Daily Star, Maguire will make a decision on his Leicester future after England’s World Cup bid.
And popular bookie Betfair have responded by pricing Manchester United as 2/1 favourites to sign the centre-half when the transfer window reopens.
Speaking United chances of signing the in-form defender, Betfair spokesperson Katie Baylis said: “Leicester stand to lose the key defender despite ruling out a sale this summer, with the Premier League’s elite clubs lurking.
“He has attracted interest from Man United, Man City, Liverpool and Spurs.
“And while City’s interest has seen them into 3/1 to sign him, it’s United at 2/1 that look the likeliest to nab him.”
Maguire, who was recently named Leicester’s Player of the Year, has played every minute of the Foxes’ 38 Premier League games this season.
And after the 5-4 defeat to Tottenham on Sunday, he suggested his future lies at the King Power Stadium.
He poster on Twitter: “Extremely proud and fortunate to have played every minute of every game this season. Fingers crossed for the same next year.
“Crazy game. Deserved more, the lads gave everything. Thanks for your support throughout the season. Been brilliant.”
Maguire chipped in with two goals, including a crucial late equaliser against United in December, and helped the Foxes to two quarter-finals and a ninth-place finish.
NAIJ.com previously reported that England coach Gareth Southgate released his 23-man list that will execute their campaign at the World Cup in Russia next month.
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere was left out of the squad having made the 30-man provisional list released a few days ago.
Surprisingly, Liverpool’s young defender Trent Alexander-Arnold made the cut while Adam Lallana who has spent most of this season’s campaign on the sidelines was kept on standby.
Who is the better coach, Mourinho or Conte? – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Drama As Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode's 2019 Budget
- Rivers APC Case: Supreme Court's Position
- Story Of UNILAG Graduate Turned Suspected Serial R*pist
- Dino Melaye Shares First Picture After Release From Custody
- Faces Of Car-snatching Syndicate Busted By The Police
- Suspected Ritualist Lynched For Allegedly Eating Faeces
- Obasanjo Trends Over Letter To Buhari... Tinubu, Others Hit Him
- Two Men Break Into Redeemed Church, Steal Church Property
- APC Leaders Are Liars, Reject Them - Atiku
- Nigerian Footballer Sodje & Brothers Jailed In UK For Fraud
- Dino Melaye Detained By Police As They File Fresh Charges
- How I Gave Fayose $5m Cash From Security Fund - Obanikoro
- Just Imagine! This Man Spent 45 Years Of His Life In Prison For A Crime He Didn't Commit
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Tradermoni: Aso Rock fires back at Obasanjo
- Cardiff captain, 45 minutes away from death
- Court Stops Buhari, AGF From Removing CJN Onnoghen
- OMG! Man 'Beats Wife To Death' Just 2 Weeks After Giving Birth In Rivers State
- New IGP Adamu Disbands FSARS, Takes More Actions
- Lagos lawmakers snub Ambode over budget presentation
- Gattuso furious with Higuain
- Industrial court reinforces restraining order against CCT
- My takeaways from Atiku’s trip to US
- Emery: Its too late to reverse Ramsey decision
- Court restricts EFCC, DSS, Police from arresting Fani-kayode and Odumakin
- Rabiot ready to sue PSG amidst ‘indefinite bench role
- Customs Command exceeds target, generates N23.5bn in 2018
- Rashford future so bright, says England manager
- Ibrahimovic: I will play as long as I can
- Banks biggest industry for corruption in Nigeria, says Ogala
- HEDA drags Fashola to EFCC over alleged diversion of $600mn Mambilla fund
- US warns of Boko Haram attack during 2019 elections
- Sen. Shehu Sani scolds El-Rufai
- 2019: SERAP advocates scrapping of security votes, immunity
- Imo 2019: Activist raises alarm over alleged plot to rig Governorship election
- Dangote assures Nigerians of timely completion of refinery
- Lagos approves new guidelines for building of petrol stations
- Breaking: IGP disbands Federal SARS
- Obanikoro testifies against Fayose over money laundering
- Buhari’s TraderMoni initiative idiotic, says Obasanjo