– Premier League giants, Manchester United, have emerged as favourites to sign Leicester defender Harry Maguire
– Maguire has been one of Leicester’s stand-out players this season since his £16m move from Hull last summer
– And it is understood that Maguire will make a decision on his Leicester future after England’s World Cup bid
Premier League giants, Manchester United, have emerged as favourites to sign Leicester defender Harry Maguire.
Maguire has been one of Leicester’s stand-out players this season since his £16m move from Hull last summer.
The 25-year-old was handed his England debut last August and he made Gareth Southgate’s recently released squad for the World Cup in Russia.
According to Daily Star, Maguire will make a decision on his Leicester future after England’s World Cup bid.
And popular bookie Betfair have responded by pricing Manchester United as 2/1 favourites to sign the centre-half when the transfer window reopens.
Speaking United chances of signing the in-form defender, Betfair spokesperson Katie Baylis said: “Leicester stand to lose the key defender despite ruling out a sale this summer, with the Premier League’s elite clubs lurking.
“He has attracted interest from Man United, Man City, Liverpool and Spurs.
“And while City’s interest has seen them into 3/1 to sign him, it’s United at 2/1 that look the likeliest to nab him.”
Maguire, who was recently named Leicester’s Player of the Year, has played every minute of the Foxes’ 38 Premier League games this season.
And after the 5-4 defeat to Tottenham on Sunday, he suggested his future lies at the King Power Stadium.
He poster on Twitter: “Extremely proud and fortunate to have played every minute of every game this season. Fingers crossed for the same next year.
“Crazy game. Deserved more, the lads gave everything. Thanks for your support throughout the season. Been brilliant.”
Maguire chipped in with two goals, including a crucial late equaliser against United in December, and helped the Foxes to two quarter-finals and a ninth-place finish.
NAIJ.com previously reported that England coach Gareth Southgate released his 23-man list that will execute their campaign at the World Cup in Russia next month.
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere was left out of the squad having made the 30-man provisional list released a few days ago.
Surprisingly, Liverpool’s young defender Trent Alexander-Arnold made the cut while Adam Lallana who has spent most of this season’s campaign on the sidelines was kept on standby.
Who is the better coach, Mourinho or Conte? – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Quitting Super Eagles: Uncovering why Victor Moses takes a bow, premature departure
- Breaking: Victor Moses retires
- Kante: ‘World Cup achievements, beyond my dreams’
- Saraki considers running against Buhari in 2019
- Arthur, the new Barcelona’s Xavi Hernandez
- Ramos mocks Jurgen Klopp’s record in cup finals
- Eden Hazard verus Mesut Ozil ahead of EPL clash
- Guendouzi: Arsenal can win EPL title
- Give us courts to develop beach soccer— Nimrod begs el-Rufai
- Osinbajo to meet NFF President over crisis
- 018 NYG: Team Oyo picks 4 slots at S/west zonal eliminations
- INEC Chairman Presents 2019 INEC Budget To Senate (Photos)
- Landlord Who Led Armed Robbers To Rob Neighbour Arrested
- INEC to feed police with N6bn in 2019 polls
- Experts worry over rising cyber security poverty line in Nigeria
- Driver crushes LASTMA officer
- GTBank to increase loan book by 10%
- Zinedine Zidane is replacing one of the Manchester Clubs
- Student Who Scored 364 In JAMB Receives N5m Cash (Photo)
- Presidency Speaks On Buhari Extending 10-day London Vacation
- SARS Caught "Extorting Passengers" Despite Osinbajo's Order
- Female Corper Knocked Down By Reckless Driver In Lagos
- Story Of Abuja Wild Forest Where "All Kinds Of Things" Happen
- Oil prices down by 13% over growing US crude inventories
- MTN secures N200bn loan from Diamond bank, 11 others
- Pastor's Wife Attacked For Brutalizing Her Little Maid (Maid)
- Kemi Adeosun's Certificate: SERAP Drags NYSC Boss To Court
- Fraudster Impersonating Nollywood Actor To Defraud People Arrested In Lagos
- 2019: Tinubu tackles Obasanjo
- Police lost 15 operatives to Bandits in two months; families demand compensation
- Investors panic as prices of Bitcoin, others plummet
- Nigeria’s inflation drops again in July
- Update On How 35 Died As Bridge Collapsed In Italy (Photos)
- Buhari To Take Action On New DSS Boss and Daura
- Thief Arrested While Preparing Pepper Soup With Stolen Goat
- The Leadership In Nigeria Today Has Lost Focus - IBB
- 2019: I’m not desperate to be President – Atiku
- Tension in Abuja: US Embassy shuts Visa, Consular Services indefinitely
- Odili, Ekpu @ 70: Of patriarchs and their progenies
- Minister’s certificate forgery scam: SERAP sues NYSC over failure to publish Adeosun’s ‘exemption certificate’