– Premier League giants, Manchester United, have emerged as favourites to sign Leicester defender Harry Maguire
– Maguire has been one of Leicester’s stand-out players this season since his £16m move from Hull last summer
– And it is understood that Maguire will make a decision on his Leicester future after England’s World Cup bid
Premier League giants, Manchester United, have emerged as favourites to sign Leicester defender Harry Maguire.
Maguire has been one of Leicester’s stand-out players this season since his £16m move from Hull last summer.
The 25-year-old was handed his England debut last August and he made Gareth Southgate’s recently released squad for the World Cup in Russia.
According to Daily Star, Maguire will make a decision on his Leicester future after England’s World Cup bid.
And popular bookie Betfair have responded by pricing Manchester United as 2/1 favourites to sign the centre-half when the transfer window reopens.
Speaking United chances of signing the in-form defender, Betfair spokesperson Katie Baylis said: “Leicester stand to lose the key defender despite ruling out a sale this summer, with the Premier League’s elite clubs lurking.
“He has attracted interest from Man United, Man City, Liverpool and Spurs.
“And while City’s interest has seen them into 3/1 to sign him, it’s United at 2/1 that look the likeliest to nab him.”
Maguire, who was recently named Leicester’s Player of the Year, has played every minute of the Foxes’ 38 Premier League games this season.
And after the 5-4 defeat to Tottenham on Sunday, he suggested his future lies at the King Power Stadium.
He poster on Twitter: “Extremely proud and fortunate to have played every minute of every game this season. Fingers crossed for the same next year.
“Crazy game. Deserved more, the lads gave everything. Thanks for your support throughout the season. Been brilliant.”
Maguire chipped in with two goals, including a crucial late equaliser against United in December, and helped the Foxes to two quarter-finals and a ninth-place finish.
NAIJ.com previously reported that England coach Gareth Southgate released his 23-man list that will execute their campaign at the World Cup in Russia next month.
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere was left out of the squad having made the 30-man provisional list released a few days ago.
Surprisingly, Liverpool’s young defender Trent Alexander-Arnold made the cut while Adam Lallana who has spent most of this season’s campaign on the sidelines was kept on standby.
Who is the better coach, Mourinho or Conte? – on NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?
- Okorocha Raises Alarm Over APC Chairman Oyegun
- Governor Plunges Into River While Taking Selfie On New Bridge
- Plane crash claims over 100 lives
- Important Things To Look For When Booking A Hotel Room
- Army dismisses Gen TY Danjuma’s claims on Herdsmen killings
- Multi-Billion Naira Debt: Govt. Takes Over Stella Oduah’s Assets
- "Only Formidable Opposition Will Defeat Buhari In 2019"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Over 120 Nigerians kidnapped in six days
- Imo: APC jubilates as Aso Rock, Catholic Church abandon Okorocha
- Jack Wilshere reacts to World Cup squad omission
- Russia to ‘punish’ fans over racist Pogba, Dembele chants