Chelsea have accepted a Football Association charge and been fined £20,000 ($27,000) after players and coaches surrounded the referee at half-time during last week’s 1-1 Premier League draw with Huddersfield.
The Blues were angered when Lee Mason awarded the hosts a corner but then blew for half-time before it was taken by Willian. The official had adjudged the required stoppage time had elapsed.
Captain Cesar Azpilicueta, midfielder Cesc Fabregas and defender Antonio Rudiger led the protests. Rudiger had to be dragged away by assistant coach Carlo Cudicini, who also addressed Mason.
“Chelsea have been fined £20,000 after accepting a charge for failing to ensure their players and/or officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion,” an FA statement said.
The Blues criticised Huddersfield for time-wasting during the game, the result of which hit their hopes of qualifying for the Champions League next season.
A 3- loss at Newcastle on Sunday ensured Chelsea finished fifth but Antonio Conte’s side could yet end the season with a trophy if they win Saturday’s FA Cup final against Manchester United.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- APC crisis: 9 Governors, 31 Senators, 54 Reps, behind R-APC to unseat Buhari
- Another letter: OBJ attacks Buhari again
- Bride drowned in Katisna flood found in Niger Republic
- APC Replies PDP: We Dare You To Go To Court With Your Facts
- 2019: Saraki Meets 4 Governors, Top Politicians; To Dump APC?
- Married Woman Dies After Surgery To Increase Her Buttocks, Doctor On The Run
- Police Dismiss Inspector For Giving Out Information...
- Police Helicopter Threatening My Life - Fayose
- "This Is My First Time" - Kidnapper Begs, Reveals How Much He Got
- See The All New 2019 Honda Pilot (Photos)
- Actor Kenneth Okonkwo Declares To Contest For Governor In Enugu Under APC
- Most Wanted Armed Robber 'Agbara' Shot Dead By Police
- APC crisis: Secondus woes Gemade, Saraki, Tambuwal, Ortom, Ahmed
- Yummy Bread and Egg Recipe To Try Out
- NYSC Announces Date For Batch B, Stream 1 Orientation
- How Abuja Airport Road Has Sent Many People To Their Graves
- Dino Melaye Reacts To The Burning Down Of His School Projects By Hoodlums In Kogi
- Obasanjo Hits Buhari; Says The Govt. Is Incompetent, Confused
- Twin Brothers Die In Accident After Visiting Mother
- "We Now Have Facts On How Ekiti Election Was Rigged" – PDP
- IGP Idris Must End Killing Of Policemen Now – House of Reps
- Top Officials In Trouble As FG Uncovers N62.5bn Fraud In NSITF
- Senate Probes Kachikwu Over Alleged Oil & Gas "Deals"
- Police Arrest & Parade Suspected Kidnappers Of Chibokgirls
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Man Drives A Burning SUV From A Fire Scene In Lagos (Photos)
- First Ever Miss Nigeria, Grace Oyelude, Still Looking Graceful At 86
- Woman Walked Out Of This Accident, Husband Appreciates God
- FG Unveils New National Carrier, 'Nigerian Air' In London
- Benue 2019: Ortom battles for survival
- NBC to impose higher sanction on Ekiti Broadcasting Service – official
- Madu , Ekuta others to represent Nigeria Judo Federation at AYG
- Akeredolu to sack doctors
- I quit Sky Sports to focus on coaching career —Henry
- Deputy Governor sentenced to jail
- Banks profitability under siege as Treasury Bills yields fall
- Dalic: I can coach Brazil or Barca but Croatia my favourite
- Buhari orders immediate repatriation of Nigerians stranded In Russia
- We kill them, Messi or No Messi’ – Pogba’s inspirational speech
- Yahoo-Boy Who 'Used His Girlfriend For Money Ritual' Breaks Down In Tears (Photos)