Chelsea have accepted a Football Association charge and been fined £20,000 ($27,000) after players and coaches surrounded the referee at half-time during last week’s 1-1 Premier League draw with Huddersfield.
The Blues were angered when Lee Mason awarded the hosts a corner but then blew for half-time before it was taken by Willian. The official had adjudged the required stoppage time had elapsed.
Captain Cesar Azpilicueta, midfielder Cesc Fabregas and defender Antonio Rudiger led the protests. Rudiger had to be dragged away by assistant coach Carlo Cudicini, who also addressed Mason.
“Chelsea have been fined £20,000 after accepting a charge for failing to ensure their players and/or officials conducted themselves in an orderly fashion,” an FA statement said.
The Blues criticised Huddersfield for time-wasting during the game, the result of which hit their hopes of qualifying for the Champions League next season.
A 3- loss at Newcastle on Sunday ensured Chelsea finished fifth but Antonio Conte’s side could yet end the season with a trophy if they win Saturday’s FA Cup final against Manchester United.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Totti: I tried to get Ronaldo, Ibramovich to Roma
- Inter, Icardi disagrees over renewal salary
- Court jails two over Malabu oil bribery scandal
- Messi’s UCL conquest, Ronaldo still ahead
- Mariano Diaz: Wearing the No. 7 shirt is a great responsibility
- 10 champions League shock that shook the world
- Akwa Ibom reiterates commitment to early completion of airport
- Lescott: David Silva is the best player I have ever played with
- Robertson: Sturridge summer up the spirit in our squad
- N3.48bn fraud: Panel sets to arrest Senator Nwaoboshi
- IMF advises Nigeria to focus on structural reforms
- Group berates MTN over constant abuse of extant laws
- 16 Proven Health Benefits, Uses Of Coconut Oil
- Amaju Pinnick re-elected NFF president
- France, Belgium tops latest FIFA rankings
- Ferdinand: Ronaldo’s tears, so emotional
- Notorious Armed Robber/Cultist Shot Dead In Lagos
- Oshiomhole Settles With Governors; States Can Decide Mode Of Primaries
- Story of 12yrs Old Orphan Left to Care for 4 Kids After The Death of Her Elder Sister
- Lagos 2019: Ambode, Fashola dare Tinubu
- Nigeria, Congo to account for 40% of world’s poorest soon – Report
- Drilling slows in Nigeria but oil production rose
- FG to gather N17bn from sale of 21% stake in Nigeria Security Printing & Minting Coy
- Trump tells OPEC to lower oil prices
- Multiple shooting in Maryland
- So Beautiful! Female Corper & Her Baby Dress In NYSC Outfit For Birthday Shoot
- Amaju Pinnick Wins NFF Election, Re-elected For 2nd Term
- Speaker Dogara Arrives PDP Headquarters
- Buhari's Corruption Fighter, Obono-obla Under Pressure To Resign Over 'Fake' WAEC
- Children Surprise Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatment
- Tinubu Shed Tears At Meeting With Buhari Over Ambode
- See Cute Photo of Jay Jay Okocha & His Handsome Son
- Wife Scalds Husband With Hot Water During A Fight Over Food
- Robbers Break Into Lagos Canteen, Cart Away Pots Of Soup and Other Foods
- Meet Akintola Williams, First Chartered Accountant In Africa
- Thief Tries To Have S*x With Lady While She Was Sleeping... and this happened
- Telcos to fund researches, innovations, says NCC boss
- Misapplication of funds: President fires Minister
- Why 9mobile takeover is being delayed – NCC
- End of road for Air Nigeria