One of the richest men in Nigeria, Femi Otedola, was one of the passengers in a commercial bus popularly known as Molue.
On its own, Molue readily qualifies as a tourist attraction, being peculiar to the nation’s commercial capital, Lagos State.
Molue is notorious for the unusual ways operators jam-pack passengers, with less people sitting and more people standing, packed like sardines.
Molue is variously called Osa Straight!, Maul E, etc., as a result of some terrible accidents involving Lagosians’ popular means of transportation in the 1980s.
Then, a handful of Molue buses had been involved in gory accidents that led to the death of tens of passengers; while, on at least one occasion, Molue drove straight into the Lagos lagoon during an incident credited to brake failure, sinking all the passengers on board.
In the early hours of the day when Lagosians are rushing to their various places of human endeavors and also in the evening when people are returning home, the Molue is known to ‘overflow,’ with passengers sometimes hanging on the ‘tailboards,’ sometimes for the suicidal fun of it, and, more often, to avoid paying the fare.
In the late 1980s at the peak of gory accidents involving Lagosians’ most popular means of transport, the state government tried to ban Molue, but it met with unspoken, stiff resistance, as Lagosians clung tenaciously to their yellow-bus-with-two-black-stripes.
Since coming to office, the incumbent Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, has attempted to replace Molue with ‘corporate’ commercial buses, as did his predecessor, Babatunde Fashola, whose administration launched a range of commercial buses under the BRT scheme.
Though the BRT buses were fully air-conditioned and comparatively cheaper than Molue, with no standing or noise pollution occasioned by hawkers that sometimes make Molue ride a bumpy one, the spirit of Molue overcame many administrations’ attempts to phase it out.
While Otedola did not tell his IG followers the reason for his unusual — if bizarre — decision to take a ride in Lagos’ ol’ Molue, he does share the video of his ride with his followers on Wednesday.
The video, which generated 92,064 views within two hours, shows him sitting in the bus as a fellow passenger standing next to him, a female, advertises a product.
He saunters down, Lagos style, when he gets to his destination.
He claims to have boarded the bus from Sango, Ogun State to Agege, Lagos State.
He captions the IG post, “Recently took a ride on the Molue from Sango to Agege ???? … F.Ote????”
Femi Otedola is known to operate in the oil and gas sector.
See the video of his IG post:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- NERC to put limits on estimated billings
- Buhari explains why he bans 50 high-profile Nigerians
- You’re too arrogant, First Lady tells President
- Kalu speaks on his goal for Super Eagles
- Ocean Boys crown Champions Bayelsa Football League
- Leaked Bribe Videos: Impeachment Looms As Kano Assembly Begins Probe Of Governor
- IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen Over Murder Of Abuja Lady
- Kukah: How I Convinced Obasanjo To End Feud With Atiku
- Shittu Drags APC To Court For Disqualifying Him Over NYSC
- Minister allays fear over Nigeria’s rising debt portfolio
- Travel ban, not political weapon against opposition- Presidency
- Sex & Masturbation: Secret Struggle Of Most Men & Women
- Osun United crash Rovers FC 1-0 at NNL
- Ambode holds press conference to herald 2019 race
- See How Worshipers Held Their Sunday Service After Church Got Submerged By Flood (Photos)
- Photos Of GEJ, His Daughter, Faith, Her Husband & Grandkids
- Ekiti boiling with emotion as Fayose faces EFCC October 15
- Amuwo Odofin constituents cry out over alleged stolen mandate, task Tinubu
- INEC Under Pressure To Return "Buhari's Sister" Amina Zakari To Head Operations?
- Pretty Lady, Anita Shot Dead In Front Of Her House In Abuja
- Meet The Man Behind Gov Ganduje's Leaked $5m Bribery Clip
- Buhari’ll Win South-East Despite Obi’s Nomination – Okorocha's Son-in-Law
- Leaked Video Of Governor 'Receiving Bribe': Kano Govt. Reacts
- Suspected Robber Arrested 5 Days After Release From Prison
- Falana, Others To Buhari: Withdraw That Travel Ban Order
- We'll Support PDP in 2019 Because of Peter Obi - Ndigbo Youths assure Atiku
- Bride Looking Unhappy At Her Wedding
- Coach Paul Aigbogu denies link to Akwa United job
- Sarri’s Touchline Chat with Klopp revealed
- Atiku and Peter Obi at Obi Of Onitsha's Palace
- Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Heads To Abuja To Face EFCC
- I Stole Because Of My Girlfriend's Upkeep — Jobless Youth
- OMG! This Beautiful Lady May Be Killed Today By Boko Haram
- Buhari Excluded Omisore, Obanikoro From Travel Ban List?
- Mother Breaks Her Son’s Head Over N50 Meal In Lagos (Pics)
- Accept Peter Obi as Atiku’s VP, Jonathan tells Igbo PDP leaders
- Go To Court If You Like - Presidency tells critics of Travel Ban
- Truck Driver Loses Control, Crushes Married Woman To Death
- The Rise Of Peter Obi
- Okonjo-Iweala Debunks Reports Of Endorsing Buhari