One of the richest men in Nigeria, Femi Otedola, was one of the passengers in a commercial bus popularly known as Molue.
On its own, Molue readily qualifies as a tourist attraction, being peculiar to the nation’s commercial capital, Lagos State.
Molue is notorious for the unusual ways operators jam-pack passengers, with less people sitting and more people standing, packed like sardines.
Molue is variously called Osa Straight!, Maul E, etc., as a result of some terrible accidents involving Lagosians’ popular means of transportation in the 1980s.
Then, a handful of Molue buses had been involved in gory accidents that led to the death of tens of passengers; while, on at least one occasion, Molue drove straight into the Lagos lagoon during an incident credited to brake failure, sinking all the passengers on board.
In the early hours of the day when Lagosians are rushing to their various places of human endeavors and also in the evening when people are returning home, the Molue is known to ‘overflow,’ with passengers sometimes hanging on the ‘tailboards,’ sometimes for the suicidal fun of it, and, more often, to avoid paying the fare.
In the late 1980s at the peak of gory accidents involving Lagosians’ most popular means of transport, the state government tried to ban Molue, but it met with unspoken, stiff resistance, as Lagosians clung tenaciously to their yellow-bus-with-two-black-stripes.
Since coming to office, the incumbent Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, has attempted to replace Molue with ‘corporate’ commercial buses, as did his predecessor, Babatunde Fashola, whose administration launched a range of commercial buses under the BRT scheme.
Though the BRT buses were fully air-conditioned and comparatively cheaper than Molue, with no standing or noise pollution occasioned by hawkers that sometimes make Molue ride a bumpy one, the spirit of Molue overcame many administrations’ attempts to phase it out.
While Otedola did not tell his IG followers the reason for his unusual — if bizarre — decision to take a ride in Lagos’ ol’ Molue, he does share the video of his ride with his followers on Wednesday.
The video, which generated 92,064 views within two hours, shows him sitting in the bus as a fellow passenger standing next to him, a female, advertises a product.
He saunters down, Lagos style, when he gets to his destination.
He claims to have boarded the bus from Sango, Ogun State to Agege, Lagos State.
He captions the IG post, “Recently took a ride on the Molue from Sango to Agege ???? … F.Ote????”
Femi Otedola is known to operate in the oil and gas sector.
See the video of his IG post:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?
- Okorocha Raises Alarm Over APC Chairman Oyegun
- Governor Plunges Into River While Taking Selfie On New Bridge
- Plane crash claims over 100 lives
- Important Things To Look For When Booking A Hotel Room
- Army dismisses Gen TY Danjuma’s claims on Herdsmen killings
- Multi-Billion Naira Debt: Govt. Takes Over Stella Oduah’s Assets
- "Only Formidable Opposition Will Defeat Buhari In 2019"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Over 120 Nigerians kidnapped in six days
- Imo: APC jubilates as Aso Rock, Catholic Church abandon Okorocha
- Jack Wilshere reacts to World Cup squad omission
- Russia to ‘punish’ fans over racist Pogba, Dembele chants