20th Century Fox has just released the first trailer for 'Bohemian Rhapsody', showing Rami Malek fully embracing his role as Queen frontman Freddie Mercury.
The biographical drama charts the band's rise to stardom, the making of their most memorable songs and chronicles stories from the singer's personal life and the band's near-implosion.
Bohemian Rhapsody (Image: 20th Century Fox)
In the one-minute trailer, Malek (who you may know as Elliot Alderson in Mr Robot) can be seen playing Mercury in different periods from Queen's extensive and illustrious career.
It opens with the actor engaging in a vocal call and response with monolithic audiences, something the singer often did during live performances.
Also featured in the promotional video is a scene where Queen are recording the six-minute, opera-influenced rock song from which the film gets its name.
"This is when the operatic section comes in," Mercury decrees while in the studio making Bohemian Rhapsody, to which Brian May responds, "Oh, the operatic section... yeah."
Malek is also seen as Mercury performing Queen's famous set at the 1985 benefit concert Live Aid.
The remaining members of Queen will be played by Gwilym Lee (Brian May), Joseph Mazzello (John Deacon) and Ben Hardy (Roger Taylor).
Mike Myers and Tom Hollander are also set to appear in the film, which will hit cinemas on October 24.[embedded content]
Writer and photographer from South London, UK. If you want to get in touch please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Totti: I tried to get Ronaldo, Ibramovich to Roma
- Inter, Icardi disagrees over renewal salary
- Court jails two over Malabu oil bribery scandal
- Messi’s UCL conquest, Ronaldo still ahead
- Mariano Diaz: Wearing the No. 7 shirt is a great responsibility
- 10 champions League shock that shook the world
- Akwa Ibom reiterates commitment to early completion of airport
- Lescott: David Silva is the best player I have ever played with
- Robertson: Sturridge summer up the spirit in our squad
- N3.48bn fraud: Panel sets to arrest Senator Nwaoboshi
- IMF advises Nigeria to focus on structural reforms
- Group berates MTN over constant abuse of extant laws
- 16 Proven Health Benefits, Uses Of Coconut Oil
- Amaju Pinnick re-elected NFF president
- France, Belgium tops latest FIFA rankings
- Ferdinand: Ronaldo’s tears, so emotional
- Notorious Armed Robber/Cultist Shot Dead In Lagos
- Oshiomhole Settles With Governors; States Can Decide Mode Of Primaries
- Story of 12yrs Old Orphan Left to Care for 4 Kids After The Death of Her Elder Sister
- Lagos 2019: Ambode, Fashola dare Tinubu
- Nigeria, Congo to account for 40% of world’s poorest soon – Report
- Drilling slows in Nigeria but oil production rose
- FG to gather N17bn from sale of 21% stake in Nigeria Security Printing & Minting Coy
- Trump tells OPEC to lower oil prices
- Multiple shooting in Maryland
- So Beautiful! Female Corper & Her Baby Dress In NYSC Outfit For Birthday Shoot
- Amaju Pinnick Wins NFF Election, Re-elected For 2nd Term
- Speaker Dogara Arrives PDP Headquarters
- Buhari's Corruption Fighter, Obono-obla Under Pressure To Resign Over 'Fake' WAEC
- Children Surprise Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatment
- Tinubu Shed Tears At Meeting With Buhari Over Ambode
- See Cute Photo of Jay Jay Okocha & His Handsome Son
- Wife Scalds Husband With Hot Water During A Fight Over Food
- Robbers Break Into Lagos Canteen, Cart Away Pots Of Soup and Other Foods
- Meet Akintola Williams, First Chartered Accountant In Africa
- Thief Tries To Have S*x With Lady While She Was Sleeping... and this happened
- Telcos to fund researches, innovations, says NCC boss
- Misapplication of funds: President fires Minister
- Why 9mobile takeover is being delayed – NCC
- End of road for Air Nigeria