20th Century Fox has just released the first trailer for 'Bohemian Rhapsody', showing Rami Malek fully embracing his role as Queen frontman Freddie Mercury.
The biographical drama charts the band's rise to stardom, the making of their most memorable songs and chronicles stories from the singer's personal life and the band's near-implosion.
Bohemian Rhapsody (Image: 20th Century Fox)
In the one-minute trailer, Malek (who you may know as Elliot Alderson in Mr Robot) can be seen playing Mercury in different periods from Queen's extensive and illustrious career.
It opens with the actor engaging in a vocal call and response with monolithic audiences, something the singer often did during live performances.
Also featured in the promotional video is a scene where Queen are recording the six-minute, opera-influenced rock song from which the film gets its name.
"This is when the operatic section comes in," Mercury decrees while in the studio making Bohemian Rhapsody, to which Brian May responds, "Oh, the operatic section... yeah."
Malek is also seen as Mercury performing Queen's famous set at the 1985 benefit concert Live Aid.
The remaining members of Queen will be played by Gwilym Lee (Brian May), Joseph Mazzello (John Deacon) and Ben Hardy (Roger Taylor).
Mike Myers and Tom Hollander are also set to appear in the film, which will hit cinemas on October 24.[embedded content]
Writer and photographer from South London, UK. If you want to get in touch please email me at: email@example.com
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Garba Shehu attacks lawmakers, civil servants, security agencies, PDP heckling Buhari govt.
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?
- Okorocha Raises Alarm Over APC Chairman Oyegun
- Governor Plunges Into River While Taking Selfie On New Bridge
- Plane crash claims over 100 lives
- Important Things To Look For When Booking A Hotel Room
- Army dismisses Gen TY Danjuma’s claims on Herdsmen killings
- Multi-Billion Naira Debt: Govt. Takes Over Stella Oduah’s Assets
- "Only Formidable Opposition Will Defeat Buhari In 2019"
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Over 120 Nigerians kidnapped in six days
- Imo: APC jubilates as Aso Rock, Catholic Church abandon Okorocha
- Jack Wilshere reacts to World Cup squad omission
- Russia to ‘punish’ fans over racist Pogba, Dembele chants