It’s always good news when we hear that Tope Oshin has a new project, as she usually delivers. We’re particularly intrigued by her upcoming film, which is in collaboration with The Initiative For Equal Rights: We Don’t Live Here Anymore.
Written by a transgender Nigerian screenwriter, Noni Salma, and directed by Oshin herself, we can trust the movie to fulfill its promise to shine a light on the struggles young LGBT Nigerians face.
We Don’t Live Here Anymore tells the story of two young schoolboys who fall in love. They get caught together and find themselves in a scandal which could lead to a possible expulsion. The wealthier family then pulls strings to ensure the safety of their own son.
Over the years, Nollywood has ignored stories about young people, but we've begun to see a paradigm shift on the small screen, with shows such as Shuga and Corper Shun, and now we're starting to see it on the big screen as well.
We Don't Live Here Anymore is particularly important, as it discusses a facet of society that is usually ignored. We're not sure what this will mean for the LGBT society here, but we have a lot of faith in Tope Oshin's ability, and the nuanced manner with which she typically tackles issues.
We know that this will spark a lot of horrible reactions from the average Nigerian, however, we're hoping that this movie will sensitise them to issues surrounding sexuality. While no release date has been announced yet, we're certainly excited to eventually see it.
Until then, check out the trailer here:[embedded content]
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- APC crisis: 9 Governors, 31 Senators, 54 Reps, behind R-APC to unseat Buhari
- Another letter: OBJ attacks Buhari again
- Bride drowned in Katisna flood found in Niger Republic
- APC Replies PDP: We Dare You To Go To Court With Your Facts
- 2019: Saraki Meets 4 Governors, Top Politicians; To Dump APC?
- Married Woman Dies After Surgery To Increase Her Buttocks, Doctor On The Run
- Police Dismiss Inspector For Giving Out Information...
- Police Helicopter Threatening My Life - Fayose
- "This Is My First Time" - Kidnapper Begs, Reveals How Much He Got
- See The All New 2019 Honda Pilot (Photos)
- Actor Kenneth Okonkwo Declares To Contest For Governor In Enugu Under APC
- Most Wanted Armed Robber 'Agbara' Shot Dead By Police
- APC crisis: Secondus woes Gemade, Saraki, Tambuwal, Ortom, Ahmed
- Yummy Bread and Egg Recipe To Try Out
- NYSC Announces Date For Batch B, Stream 1 Orientation
- How Abuja Airport Road Has Sent Many People To Their Graves
- Dino Melaye Reacts To The Burning Down Of His School Projects By Hoodlums In Kogi
- Obasanjo Hits Buhari; Says The Govt. Is Incompetent, Confused
- Twin Brothers Die In Accident After Visiting Mother
- "We Now Have Facts On How Ekiti Election Was Rigged" – PDP
- IGP Idris Must End Killing Of Policemen Now – House of Reps
- Top Officials In Trouble As FG Uncovers N62.5bn Fraud In NSITF
- Senate Probes Kachikwu Over Alleged Oil & Gas "Deals"
- Police Arrest & Parade Suspected Kidnappers Of Chibokgirls
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Man Drives A Burning SUV From A Fire Scene In Lagos (Photos)
- First Ever Miss Nigeria, Grace Oyelude, Still Looking Graceful At 86
- Woman Walked Out Of This Accident, Husband Appreciates God
- FG Unveils New National Carrier, 'Nigerian Air' In London
- Benue 2019: Ortom battles for survival
- NBC to impose higher sanction on Ekiti Broadcasting Service – official
- Madu , Ekuta others to represent Nigeria Judo Federation at AYG
- Akeredolu to sack doctors
- I quit Sky Sports to focus on coaching career —Henry
- Deputy Governor sentenced to jail
- Banks profitability under siege as Treasury Bills yields fall
- Dalic: I can coach Brazil or Barca but Croatia my favourite
- Buhari orders immediate repatriation of Nigerians stranded In Russia
- We kill them, Messi or No Messi’ – Pogba’s inspirational speech
- Yahoo-Boy Who 'Used His Girlfriend For Money Ritual' Breaks Down In Tears (Photos)