Peter Dada, Akure
The Ondo State Police Command has arrested a middle-aged man identified as Saliu Ladayo for allegedly killing his girlfriend, Confidence Nwama, at Oshinle Quarters in Akure.
It was gathered that the 24-year-old man said that he stabbed Nwama to death because she was always cursing and insulting him.
The 19-year-old girl was said to be writing her Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination before the unfortunate incident happened.
A source said the suspect had always complained about the deceased’s attitude towards him, reportedly saying she always abused him that he was a lazy man with a bad fortune, and as someone who could not make it in life.
The source said, “Both of them were in the house on the fateful day when an argument ensued between them and the argument led to a fight, which led the man to take a knife and stab the girl on her chest and other parts of her body.”
The source also narrated that immediately the neighbour heard the cry of the deceased, they quickly rushed into the house and found the girl in the pool of her own blood.
It was learnt that all efforts to save her life were unsuccessful, as she reportedly died before she could be taken to the hospital.
Confirming the incident, the Ondo State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Femi Joseph, said that the suspect was already in Police custody, while investigation into the matter has commenced.
“The suspect confessed that he stabbed his girlfriend because she cursed him that he will not make it in life and he had not made it; and also that things had not been going well for him and this infuriated him to take a knife and stab her.
“Like I said, we have arrested him and he will be charged to court after the investigation may have been concluded,” Joseph stated.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Totti: I tried to get Ronaldo, Ibramovich to Roma
- Inter, Icardi disagrees over renewal salary
- Court jails two over Malabu oil bribery scandal
- Messi’s UCL conquest, Ronaldo still ahead
- Mariano Diaz: Wearing the No. 7 shirt is a great responsibility
- 10 champions League shock that shook the world
- Akwa Ibom reiterates commitment to early completion of airport
- Lescott: David Silva is the best player I have ever played with
- Robertson: Sturridge summer up the spirit in our squad
- N3.48bn fraud: Panel sets to arrest Senator Nwaoboshi
- IMF advises Nigeria to focus on structural reforms
- Group berates MTN over constant abuse of extant laws
- 16 Proven Health Benefits, Uses Of Coconut Oil
- Amaju Pinnick re-elected NFF president
- France, Belgium tops latest FIFA rankings
- Ferdinand: Ronaldo’s tears, so emotional
- Notorious Armed Robber/Cultist Shot Dead In Lagos
- Oshiomhole Settles With Governors; States Can Decide Mode Of Primaries
- Story of 12yrs Old Orphan Left to Care for 4 Kids After The Death of Her Elder Sister
- Lagos 2019: Ambode, Fashola dare Tinubu
- Nigeria, Congo to account for 40% of world’s poorest soon – Report
- Drilling slows in Nigeria but oil production rose
- FG to gather N17bn from sale of 21% stake in Nigeria Security Printing & Minting Coy
- Trump tells OPEC to lower oil prices
- Multiple shooting in Maryland
- So Beautiful! Female Corper & Her Baby Dress In NYSC Outfit For Birthday Shoot
- Amaju Pinnick Wins NFF Election, Re-elected For 2nd Term
- Speaker Dogara Arrives PDP Headquarters
- Buhari's Corruption Fighter, Obono-obla Under Pressure To Resign Over 'Fake' WAEC
- Children Surprise Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatment
- Tinubu Shed Tears At Meeting With Buhari Over Ambode
- See Cute Photo of Jay Jay Okocha & His Handsome Son
- Wife Scalds Husband With Hot Water During A Fight Over Food
- Robbers Break Into Lagos Canteen, Cart Away Pots Of Soup and Other Foods
- Meet Akintola Williams, First Chartered Accountant In Africa
- Thief Tries To Have S*x With Lady While She Was Sleeping... and this happened
- Telcos to fund researches, innovations, says NCC boss
- Misapplication of funds: President fires Minister
- Why 9mobile takeover is being delayed – NCC
- End of road for Air Nigeria