Peter Dada, Akure
The Ondo State Police Command has arrested a middle-aged man identified as Saliu Ladayo for allegedly killing his girlfriend, Confidence Nwama, at Oshinle Quarters in Akure.
It was gathered that the 24-year-old man said that he stabbed Nwama to death because she was always cursing and insulting him.
The 19-year-old girl was said to be writing her Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination before the unfortunate incident happened.
A source said the suspect had always complained about the deceased’s attitude towards him, reportedly saying she always abused him that he was a lazy man with a bad fortune, and as someone who could not make it in life.
The source said, “Both of them were in the house on the fateful day when an argument ensued between them and the argument led to a fight, which led the man to take a knife and stab the girl on her chest and other parts of her body.”
The source also narrated that immediately the neighbour heard the cry of the deceased, they quickly rushed into the house and found the girl in the pool of her own blood.
It was learnt that all efforts to save her life were unsuccessful, as she reportedly died before she could be taken to the hospital.
Confirming the incident, the Ondo State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Femi Joseph, said that the suspect was already in Police custody, while investigation into the matter has commenced.
“The suspect confessed that he stabbed his girlfriend because she cursed him that he will not make it in life and he had not made it; and also that things had not been going well for him and this infuriated him to take a knife and stab her.
“Like I said, we have arrested him and he will be charged to court after the investigation may have been concluded,” Joseph stated.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- APC crisis: 9 Governors, 31 Senators, 54 Reps, behind R-APC to unseat Buhari
- Another letter: OBJ attacks Buhari again
- Bride drowned in Katisna flood found in Niger Republic
- APC Replies PDP: We Dare You To Go To Court With Your Facts
- 2019: Saraki Meets 4 Governors, Top Politicians; To Dump APC?
- Married Woman Dies After Surgery To Increase Her Buttocks, Doctor On The Run
- Police Dismiss Inspector For Giving Out Information...
- Police Helicopter Threatening My Life - Fayose
- "This Is My First Time" - Kidnapper Begs, Reveals How Much He Got
- See The All New 2019 Honda Pilot (Photos)
- Actor Kenneth Okonkwo Declares To Contest For Governor In Enugu Under APC
- Most Wanted Armed Robber 'Agbara' Shot Dead By Police
- APC crisis: Secondus woes Gemade, Saraki, Tambuwal, Ortom, Ahmed
- Yummy Bread and Egg Recipe To Try Out
- NYSC Announces Date For Batch B, Stream 1 Orientation
- How Abuja Airport Road Has Sent Many People To Their Graves
- Dino Melaye Reacts To The Burning Down Of His School Projects By Hoodlums In Kogi
- Obasanjo Hits Buhari; Says The Govt. Is Incompetent, Confused
- Twin Brothers Die In Accident After Visiting Mother
- "We Now Have Facts On How Ekiti Election Was Rigged" – PDP
- IGP Idris Must End Killing Of Policemen Now – House of Reps
- Top Officials In Trouble As FG Uncovers N62.5bn Fraud In NSITF
- Senate Probes Kachikwu Over Alleged Oil & Gas "Deals"
- Police Arrest & Parade Suspected Kidnappers Of Chibokgirls
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Man Drives A Burning SUV From A Fire Scene In Lagos (Photos)
- First Ever Miss Nigeria, Grace Oyelude, Still Looking Graceful At 86
- Woman Walked Out Of This Accident, Husband Appreciates God
- FG Unveils New National Carrier, 'Nigerian Air' In London
- Benue 2019: Ortom battles for survival
- NBC to impose higher sanction on Ekiti Broadcasting Service – official
- Madu , Ekuta others to represent Nigeria Judo Federation at AYG
- Akeredolu to sack doctors
- I quit Sky Sports to focus on coaching career —Henry
- Deputy Governor sentenced to jail
- Banks profitability under siege as Treasury Bills yields fall
- Dalic: I can coach Brazil or Barca but Croatia my favourite
- Buhari orders immediate repatriation of Nigerians stranded In Russia
- We kill them, Messi or No Messi’ – Pogba’s inspirational speech
- Yahoo-Boy Who 'Used His Girlfriend For Money Ritual' Breaks Down In Tears (Photos)