By Perez Brisibe
UGHELLI—MANAGEMENT of Michael and Cecilia Ibru University, MCIU, has debunked media reports that one of its students who was shot on May 9 by two gunmen is dead, saying that the student is currently in a stable condition and responding to treatment.
The student, Hillary Isaac, a second-year student of the university, was reportedly shot in the night outside the premises of the institution by two gunmen who fled the scene on a motorcycle.
MCIU, in a statement by its Vice Chancellor and Students’ Affair Officer, Prof. Ibiyinka Fuwape and Mr. Monday Daniel respectively, described the incident as unfortunate.
According to the statement, “Hillary Isaac, a second-year student of MCIU was out of campus to get some things in Agbarha-Otor town when he was accosted by some unknown gunmen, who wanted to rob him of his valuables.
“In the process of fleeing, Hillary was shot, thereby sustaining extensive injuries. The gunmen immediately fled the scene on a bike.
“Hillary was rushed to the university’s Medical Centre, where first aid was administered, then transferred to a private specialist hospital for further treatment. He is currently in a stable condition and responding well to treatment.
“The Chief Medical Officer of the hospital said Hillary is comfortable in bed now and is expected to do well. His mom also said that her son is responding well to treatment and she is praying for a speedy recovery.
“Security forces have been deployed to the scene of the incident and around the Campus, while the Police are carrying out their investigations.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Drama As Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode's 2019 Budget
- Rivers APC Case: Supreme Court's Position
- Story Of UNILAG Graduate Turned Suspected Serial R*pist
- Dino Melaye Shares First Picture After Release From Custody
- Faces Of Car-snatching Syndicate Busted By The Police
- Suspected Ritualist Lynched For Allegedly Eating Faeces
- Obasanjo Trends Over Letter To Buhari... Tinubu, Others Hit Him
- Two Men Break Into Redeemed Church, Steal Church Property
- APC Leaders Are Liars, Reject Them - Atiku
- Nigerian Footballer Sodje & Brothers Jailed In UK For Fraud
- Dino Melaye Detained By Police As They File Fresh Charges
- How I Gave Fayose $5m Cash From Security Fund - Obanikoro
- Just Imagine! This Man Spent 45 Years Of His Life In Prison For A Crime He Didn't Commit
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Tradermoni: Aso Rock fires back at Obasanjo
- Cardiff captain, 45 minutes away from death
- Court Stops Buhari, AGF From Removing CJN Onnoghen
- OMG! Man 'Beats Wife To Death' Just 2 Weeks After Giving Birth In Rivers State
- New IGP Adamu Disbands FSARS, Takes More Actions
- Lagos lawmakers snub Ambode over budget presentation
- Gattuso furious with Higuain
- Industrial court reinforces restraining order against CCT
- My takeaways from Atiku’s trip to US
- Emery: Its too late to reverse Ramsey decision
- Court restricts EFCC, DSS, Police from arresting Fani-kayode and Odumakin
- Rabiot ready to sue PSG amidst ‘indefinite bench role
- Customs Command exceeds target, generates N23.5bn in 2018
- Rashford future so bright, says England manager
- Ibrahimovic: I will play as long as I can
- Banks biggest industry for corruption in Nigeria, says Ogala
- HEDA drags Fashola to EFCC over alleged diversion of $600mn Mambilla fund
- US warns of Boko Haram attack during 2019 elections
- Sen. Shehu Sani scolds El-Rufai
- 2019: SERAP advocates scrapping of security votes, immunity
- Imo 2019: Activist raises alarm over alleged plot to rig Governorship election
- Dangote assures Nigerians of timely completion of refinery
- Lagos approves new guidelines for building of petrol stations
- Breaking: IGP disbands Federal SARS
- Obanikoro testifies against Fayose over money laundering
- Buhari’s TraderMoni initiative idiotic, says Obasanjo