By Perez Brisibe
UGHELLI—MANAGEMENT of Michael and Cecilia Ibru University, MCIU, has debunked media reports that one of its students who was shot on May 9 by two gunmen is dead, saying that the student is currently in a stable condition and responding to treatment.
The student, Hillary Isaac, a second-year student of the university, was reportedly shot in the night outside the premises of the institution by two gunmen who fled the scene on a motorcycle.
MCIU, in a statement by its Vice Chancellor and Students’ Affair Officer, Prof. Ibiyinka Fuwape and Mr. Monday Daniel respectively, described the incident as unfortunate.
According to the statement, “Hillary Isaac, a second-year student of MCIU was out of campus to get some things in Agbarha-Otor town when he was accosted by some unknown gunmen, who wanted to rob him of his valuables.
“In the process of fleeing, Hillary was shot, thereby sustaining extensive injuries. The gunmen immediately fled the scene on a bike.
“Hillary was rushed to the university’s Medical Centre, where first aid was administered, then transferred to a private specialist hospital for further treatment. He is currently in a stable condition and responding well to treatment.
“The Chief Medical Officer of the hospital said Hillary is comfortable in bed now and is expected to do well. His mom also said that her son is responding well to treatment and she is praying for a speedy recovery.
“Security forces have been deployed to the scene of the incident and around the Campus, while the Police are carrying out their investigations.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019: I’m not desperate to be President – Atiku
- Tension in Abuja: US Embassy shuts Visa, Consular Services indefinitely
- Odili, Ekpu @ 70: Of patriarchs and their progenies
- Minister’s certificate forgery scam: SERAP sues NYSC over failure to publish Adeosun’s ‘exemption certificate’
- Saraki, Dogara Reveal Why They're Not Reconvening NASS
- Man Who Abducted Lagos Schoolgirl Who's Sold Into Pros-titution Arrested, Opens Up
- Uber Driver Nabbed For Beating Up 'Runs Girl' In Lagos After S*x
- 2019: I’m Qualified, Not Desperate To Be President - Atiku
- Man Steals Company’s Products To Pay Medical Bill Of Wife
- SARAKI's TIME IS UP - Oshiomhole insists, gives strong condition
- Hacks For Dealing With Smelly Feet
- Female Corper Cries As Political Thugs Kidnap Her For Refusing To Rig Election
- Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In His Rolls Royce and Private Jet
- 2019: Presidency Reacts To "Pressure" On Buhari Not To Run
- Lecturer Sent To Prison For R*ping His Wife Sister's Daughter
- Saraki's Refusal To Reconvene NASS Generates Serious Tension
- Woman Who Survived Rivers Boat Accident: "I Have Nightmares Every Night"
- After Begging For Obasanjo's Support In 2015, Tinubu Says "OBJ Can't Tell Us Who To Vote"
- Family Man Serving Life Sentence Begins Master’s Programme
- IGP Obeys Osinbajo's Order, Begins Nationwide Overhaul of SARS
- The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me - Obaseki
- Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos)
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Aruna wins ITTF 2018 Nigeria Open
- Bayelsa State league draws completed
- FIFA to Ban Nigeria on August 20
- Ahmed Musa nets winner for Al Nassr on his debut in Saudi Arabia
- London, Turkey trips awaits fresh players —Waheed
- FIFA to ban Ghana over government court case against GFA
- U-18,U-20 male handball emerged winner
- Ghanaian undercover journalist Anas ,colleagues escape lynching in Malawi
- We are disappointed, but this game will help us grow —Cech
- Only NFF recognized by CAF,FIFA can sack me —Sanusi insists
- Barca’s Bartomeu leaves door Open to Pogba signing
- Rising Tension in Presidency: Uncertainty over National Assembly reconvening to consider INEC Budget
- Minister Dalung: A Huge Disservice to the Sports Industry
- Messi sets new Barca Trophy record
- Defection trauma: Akpabio battles for survival
- Breaking: Police boss overhauls SARS
- Touching Story Of 25yrs Old Man Trapped In A Little Child's Body