By Perez Brisibe
UGHELLI—MANAGEMENT of Michael and Cecilia Ibru University, MCIU, has debunked media reports that one of its students who was shot on May 9 by two gunmen is dead, saying that the student is currently in a stable condition and responding to treatment.
The student, Hillary Isaac, a second-year student of the university, was reportedly shot in the night outside the premises of the institution by two gunmen who fled the scene on a motorcycle.
MCIU, in a statement by its Vice Chancellor and Students’ Affair Officer, Prof. Ibiyinka Fuwape and Mr. Monday Daniel respectively, described the incident as unfortunate.
According to the statement, “Hillary Isaac, a second-year student of MCIU was out of campus to get some things in Agbarha-Otor town when he was accosted by some unknown gunmen, who wanted to rob him of his valuables.
“In the process of fleeing, Hillary was shot, thereby sustaining extensive injuries. The gunmen immediately fled the scene on a bike.
“Hillary was rushed to the university’s Medical Centre, where first aid was administered, then transferred to a private specialist hospital for further treatment. He is currently in a stable condition and responding well to treatment.
“The Chief Medical Officer of the hospital said Hillary is comfortable in bed now and is expected to do well. His mom also said that her son is responding well to treatment and she is praying for a speedy recovery.
“Security forces have been deployed to the scene of the incident and around the Campus, while the Police are carrying out their investigations.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Cholera outbreak: Yobe records 223 cases at Mubi Hospital
- Fidelity Bank eyes tier 1 status, unveils 4-year strategic plan
- Aviation sector has improved under Buhari – Unions
- MTN introduces 17-digit recharge PIN
- Best Mediterranean Diet For Weight Loss & Heart Health
- UBA lifts restriction on cash withdrawals abroad, Naira cards
- Grandmother ‘sentenced to death’ for drug trafficking
- Investors shun Banks over rising NPLs
- NSE index dips as bear continues to weigh on stocks
- Naira loses steam, remains stagnant at parallel market
- NBC compounds Okorocha’s woes, shuts down Reach FM
- Obaseki stalls bail condition for PDP leader – Nehikhare
- Ambode receives Leadership Award
- I don’t want this player against Liverpool, Ronaldo tells Zidane
- Role-for-sex stories: From Richard Akindele, Bill Cosby to Morgan Freeman
- Regnar, Aiden,Liam: Fani-Kayode’s latest triplets
- Movie producer accused of rape, sex abuse surrenders to Police
- Kebbi Governor, Bagudu, leads APC 77-member campaign squad for Ekiti governorship election
- No PVC, No Sex: Women to demand ‘gate-fee’ before succumbing to their husbands in bed
- How Peter Obi touched my heart
- Ronaldinho opens up on planned marriage to 2 girls same day in August
- What Klopp’s Liverpool have in common with Fergie’s United
- Behold, new coaches across clubs
- Liverpool Transfer: Shaming Suarez, Coutinho
- What’s new about Pochettino
- Aubameyang’s anti-Wenger statement
- Bad news for Real Madrid
- Salah dominates Liverpool vs Real Madrid combined XI
- Trouble in Liverpool’s camp
- SARS Officer Killed 10 Days After His Wedding (Photos)
- How To Kill SIN In Your Life To Avoid Destruction
- FACTS: Only $8b Released Between Obasanjo & Buhari for Power, there's no $16b
- Twin Brothers, Naval Officer Arrested For Robbery, R*ping
- Billionaire Businesswoman Alakija: My staff defrauded me millions
- FG Has Not Awarded Contract For 2nd Niger Bridge?
- I'm Privileged To Sleep In The Same Prison Bed Used By Obasanjo - Senator Jang
- Here Are Foods That Can Make You Age Faster
- 'Herdsmen' Slaughter Two People Returning From Catholic Priests' Burial?
- Peace Corps Bill Fails As House Of Reps Refuse To Veto Buhari
- Buhari Drops Okiro From Police Service Commission; Replaced By Ex-IGP Smith