– Niger Tornadoes defender Hussaini Isah is dead
– He was involved in an accident on Monday evening, May 14, 2018
– Isah played with his team on Sunday, May 13, against Kwara United
Nigerian Professional Football League side Niger Tornadoes have been thrown into mourning on Monday evening, May 14, following the shocking death of their player Hussaini Isah.
The defender was said to have been hit by a running motorcycle in front of his family house at flamingo estate Maitumbi, in Minna and died after being rushed to the hospital.
Hussaini Isah was part of the Niger Tornadoes’ side that played a 1-1 draw against Kwara United on Sunday, May 13, in a Nigerian Professional Football League NPFL week 21 encounter.
Niger Tornadoes defender Hussaini Isah dies (photo: Isah on Facebook)
Niger Tornadoes media officer Yusuf Daniya confirmed the demise of Hussaini Isah to NAIJ.com on Monday night, May 14 stressing that the player has been buried according to Islamic rites.
”Yes, and it is just unfortunate that we have lost a good player who was superb during his playing days. We pray that God forgive his sins and grant him eternal rest,” Daniya told NAIJ.com.
Hussaini Isah was the second Nigerian player to lose his life in a road accident this year following Chinedu Udoji’s road crash in February.
Earlier, NAIJ.com had reported how the entire football fraternity in Nigeria were thrown into serious mourning on Sunday night, February 18 2018, following the untimely death of Kano Pillars defender Chinedu Udoji.
The 28-year-old veteran Nigerian Professional Football League player died in a fatal motor accident while he was returning to his lodge in Kano.
Chinedu Udoji played for Kano Pillars on Sunday evening, February 18, against his former club Enyimba at the Sanni Abacha Stadium, Kofarmata in Kano which ended 1-1.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- NRA promotion exam holds
- Ronaldo doesn’t guarantee Juventus the title, warns Allegri
- Kofi Anan dies in Switzerland
- NAFRC commandant pulled out from service
- Osun: Parties left out of ballot paper, INEC explains
- Nigeria loses N126.2Bn on abandoned FG properties in Lagos – Unilag Don
- Relatives protest as rescue efforts end at collapsed Abuja building
- Saraki, Ahmed under fire as EFCC tightens noose
- Your ambition a pipe dream, BMO tells Tambuwal
- Why 2019 elections may be delayed
- Story Of Woman & Her Two Daughters Impregnated By One Man
- See The Plane Biafra Leader Ojukwu Used In Fleeing From Nigeria During Civil War (Photos)
- Don't Expose Your Marriage to Your Mother if She Doesn't Respect The Word of God
- Lagos Big Boy, Mark Osigwe, Shot Dead By Assassins (Photos)
- We’ll Humiliate Saraki Out Of Office - APC Senator | He Replies
- Woman Shot Dead By NDLEA During Raid In Lagos
- EFCC Goes After Saraki, Gov. Ahmed Over N7Billion Bond
- APC Already Looking For A New Senate President?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- How To Get Your Glow Back After Having A Baby
- Housemaid Kills Her Madam By Smashing Her Head With Stone
- Saraki Arrives Akwa Ibom In Style, Received By Crowd (Photos)
- Businessman Killed By Cultists 'On Revenge Mission' In Delta
- Saraki’s 2019 Presidential Ambition Alters Calculations In PDP
- Two Dead, 20 Trapped As Building Collapsed In Abuja
- 2019: The Big Battle For PDP Presidential Ticket Hots Up
- Demolition of my N800m music house political –Yinka Ayefele
- Nigeria’s democracy under threat, says Moghalu
- CBN floods economy with lower Naira denominations
- Saraki declares for 2019
- Israeli PM in corruption scandal
- Lagos State Govt denies privatising water supply
- Sales of pre-registered SIM cards boom despite fines
- I promise better welfare ahead of NWPL resumption –Hon. Odunlade
- Falconets eliminated from World Cup
- FIFA rejects Dalung’s ministerial visit offer
- Dollar depreciates against Naira at parallel market
- INEC Releases 2019 General Elections Notice In Lagos
- I'm An Experienced Job Creator - Atiku
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution