The management of a popular night club, Club 57, on Monday faulted the claim of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission that it raided the club and arrested suspected Internet fraudsters, popularly known as Yahoo boys.
The EFCC officials were said to have invaded the club located on Awolowo Way, Ikoyi, Lagos, in search of Yahoo boys, allegedly causing some of the suspects to escape, abandoning their exotic cars.
The commission had confirmed the raid in a Facebook post on its official page, saying it acted on an intelligence report on the activities of Yahoo boys at the club.
It said, “The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Lagos Zonal Office, in the early hours of Friday, May 11, 2018, arrested over 12 suspected Internet fraudsters in the Ikoyi area of Lagos.
“The EFCC operatives stormed the popular Club 57 on Awolowo Way, Ikoyi, where the suspected Yahoo boys were rounded up following intelligence report.
“However, a total of 10 cars were recovered from the suspects during the raid that lasted about three hours.”
But the management of the club in a statement on Monday said operatives of the EFCC did not arrest anyone inside the club.
“With respect to the incidence, Club 57 will like to categorically state that no official of the EFCC or security personnel entered into the club to arrest any of our customers on Thursday, May 10, 2018, or indeed at any other time,” the statement read in part.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- NERC to put limits on estimated billings
- Buhari explains why he bans 50 high-profile Nigerians
- You’re too arrogant, First Lady tells President
- Kalu speaks on his goal for Super Eagles
- Ocean Boys crown Champions Bayelsa Football League
- Leaked Bribe Videos: Impeachment Looms As Kano Assembly Begins Probe Of Governor
- IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen Over Murder Of Abuja Lady
- Kukah: How I Convinced Obasanjo To End Feud With Atiku
- Shittu Drags APC To Court For Disqualifying Him Over NYSC
- Minister allays fear over Nigeria’s rising debt portfolio
- Travel ban, not political weapon against opposition- Presidency
- Sex & Masturbation: Secret Struggle Of Most Men & Women
- Osun United crash Rovers FC 1-0 at NNL
- Ambode holds press conference to herald 2019 race
- See How Worshipers Held Their Sunday Service After Church Got Submerged By Flood (Photos)
- Photos Of GEJ, His Daughter, Faith, Her Husband & Grandkids
- Ekiti boiling with emotion as Fayose faces EFCC October 15
- Amuwo Odofin constituents cry out over alleged stolen mandate, task Tinubu
- INEC Under Pressure To Return "Buhari's Sister" Amina Zakari To Head Operations?
- Pretty Lady, Anita Shot Dead In Front Of Her House In Abuja
- Meet The Man Behind Gov Ganduje's Leaked $5m Bribery Clip
- Buhari’ll Win South-East Despite Obi’s Nomination – Okorocha's Son-in-Law
- Leaked Video Of Governor 'Receiving Bribe': Kano Govt. Reacts
- Suspected Robber Arrested 5 Days After Release From Prison
- Falana, Others To Buhari: Withdraw That Travel Ban Order
- We'll Support PDP in 2019 Because of Peter Obi - Ndigbo Youths assure Atiku
- Bride Looking Unhappy At Her Wedding
- Coach Paul Aigbogu denies link to Akwa United job
- Sarri’s Touchline Chat with Klopp revealed
- Atiku and Peter Obi at Obi Of Onitsha's Palace
- Fayose Ends Tenure In Tears, Heads To Abuja To Face EFCC
- I Stole Because Of My Girlfriend's Upkeep — Jobless Youth
- OMG! This Beautiful Lady May Be Killed Today By Boko Haram
- Buhari Excluded Omisore, Obanikoro From Travel Ban List?
- Mother Breaks Her Son’s Head Over N50 Meal In Lagos (Pics)
- Accept Peter Obi as Atiku’s VP, Jonathan tells Igbo PDP leaders
- Go To Court If You Like - Presidency tells critics of Travel Ban
- Truck Driver Loses Control, Crushes Married Woman To Death
- The Rise Of Peter Obi
- Okonjo-Iweala Debunks Reports Of Endorsing Buhari