The management of a popular night club, Club 57, on Monday faulted the claim of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission that it raided the club and arrested suspected Internet fraudsters, popularly known as Yahoo boys.
The EFCC officials were said to have invaded the club located on Awolowo Way, Ikoyi, Lagos, in search of Yahoo boys, allegedly causing some of the suspects to escape, abandoning their exotic cars.
The commission had confirmed the raid in a Facebook post on its official page, saying it acted on an intelligence report on the activities of Yahoo boys at the club.
It said, “The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Lagos Zonal Office, in the early hours of Friday, May 11, 2018, arrested over 12 suspected Internet fraudsters in the Ikoyi area of Lagos.
“The EFCC operatives stormed the popular Club 57 on Awolowo Way, Ikoyi, where the suspected Yahoo boys were rounded up following intelligence report.
“However, a total of 10 cars were recovered from the suspects during the raid that lasted about three hours.”
But the management of the club in a statement on Monday said operatives of the EFCC did not arrest anyone inside the club.
“With respect to the incidence, Club 57 will like to categorically state that no official of the EFCC or security personnel entered into the club to arrest any of our customers on Thursday, May 10, 2018, or indeed at any other time,” the statement read in part.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019: I’m not desperate to be President – Atiku
- Tension in Abuja: US Embassy shuts Visa, Consular Services indefinitely
- Odili, Ekpu @ 70: Of patriarchs and their progenies
- Minister’s certificate forgery scam: SERAP sues NYSC over failure to publish Adeosun’s ‘exemption certificate’
- Saraki, Dogara Reveal Why They're Not Reconvening NASS
- Man Who Abducted Lagos Schoolgirl Who's Sold Into Pros-titution Arrested, Opens Up
- Uber Driver Nabbed For Beating Up 'Runs Girl' In Lagos After S*x
- 2019: I’m Qualified, Not Desperate To Be President - Atiku
- Man Steals Company’s Products To Pay Medical Bill Of Wife
- SARAKI's TIME IS UP - Oshiomhole insists, gives strong condition
- Hacks For Dealing With Smelly Feet
- Female Corper Cries As Political Thugs Kidnap Her For Refusing To Rig Election
- Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In His Rolls Royce and Private Jet
- 2019: Presidency Reacts To "Pressure" On Buhari Not To Run
- Lecturer Sent To Prison For R*ping His Wife Sister's Daughter
- Saraki's Refusal To Reconvene NASS Generates Serious Tension
- Woman Who Survived Rivers Boat Accident: "I Have Nightmares Every Night"
- After Begging For Obasanjo's Support In 2015, Tinubu Says "OBJ Can't Tell Us Who To Vote"
- Family Man Serving Life Sentence Begins Master’s Programme
- IGP Obeys Osinbajo's Order, Begins Nationwide Overhaul of SARS
- The Truth About ‘Huge Debts’ Oshiomhole Left For Me - Obaseki
- Flood Takes Over Houses In Lekki After Heavy Rainfall (Photos)
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Aruna wins ITTF 2018 Nigeria Open
- Bayelsa State league draws completed
- FIFA to Ban Nigeria on August 20
- Ahmed Musa nets winner for Al Nassr on his debut in Saudi Arabia
- London, Turkey trips awaits fresh players —Waheed
- FIFA to ban Ghana over government court case against GFA
- U-18,U-20 male handball emerged winner
- Ghanaian undercover journalist Anas ,colleagues escape lynching in Malawi
- We are disappointed, but this game will help us grow —Cech
- Only NFF recognized by CAF,FIFA can sack me —Sanusi insists
- Barca’s Bartomeu leaves door Open to Pogba signing
- Rising Tension in Presidency: Uncertainty over National Assembly reconvening to consider INEC Budget
- Minister Dalung: A Huge Disservice to the Sports Industry
- Messi sets new Barca Trophy record
- Defection trauma: Akpabio battles for survival
- Breaking: Police boss overhauls SARS
- Touching Story Of 25yrs Old Man Trapped In A Little Child's Body