The management of a popular night club, Club 57, on Monday faulted the claim of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission that it raided the club and arrested suspected Internet fraudsters, popularly known as Yahoo boys.
The EFCC officials were said to have invaded the club located on Awolowo Way, Ikoyi, Lagos, in search of Yahoo boys, allegedly causing some of the suspects to escape, abandoning their exotic cars.
The commission had confirmed the raid in a Facebook post on its official page, saying it acted on an intelligence report on the activities of Yahoo boys at the club.
It said, “The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Lagos Zonal Office, in the early hours of Friday, May 11, 2018, arrested over 12 suspected Internet fraudsters in the Ikoyi area of Lagos.
“The EFCC operatives stormed the popular Club 57 on Awolowo Way, Ikoyi, where the suspected Yahoo boys were rounded up following intelligence report.
“However, a total of 10 cars were recovered from the suspects during the raid that lasted about three hours.”
But the management of the club in a statement on Monday said operatives of the EFCC did not arrest anyone inside the club.
“With respect to the incidence, Club 57 will like to categorically state that no official of the EFCC or security personnel entered into the club to arrest any of our customers on Thursday, May 10, 2018, or indeed at any other time,” the statement read in part.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Cholera outbreak: Yobe records 223 cases at Mubi Hospital
- Fidelity Bank eyes tier 1 status, unveils 4-year strategic plan
- Aviation sector has improved under Buhari – Unions
- MTN introduces 17-digit recharge PIN
- Best Mediterranean Diet For Weight Loss & Heart Health
- UBA lifts restriction on cash withdrawals abroad, Naira cards
- Grandmother ‘sentenced to death’ for drug trafficking
- Investors shun Banks over rising NPLs
- NSE index dips as bear continues to weigh on stocks
- Naira loses steam, remains stagnant at parallel market
- NBC compounds Okorocha’s woes, shuts down Reach FM
- Obaseki stalls bail condition for PDP leader – Nehikhare
- Ambode receives Leadership Award
- I don’t want this player against Liverpool, Ronaldo tells Zidane
- Role-for-sex stories: From Richard Akindele, Bill Cosby to Morgan Freeman
- Regnar, Aiden,Liam: Fani-Kayode’s latest triplets
- Movie producer accused of rape, sex abuse surrenders to Police
- Kebbi Governor, Bagudu, leads APC 77-member campaign squad for Ekiti governorship election
- No PVC, No Sex: Women to demand ‘gate-fee’ before succumbing to their husbands in bed
- How Peter Obi touched my heart
- Ronaldinho opens up on planned marriage to 2 girls same day in August
- What Klopp’s Liverpool have in common with Fergie’s United
- Behold, new coaches across clubs
- Liverpool Transfer: Shaming Suarez, Coutinho
- What’s new about Pochettino
- Aubameyang’s anti-Wenger statement
- Bad news for Real Madrid
- Salah dominates Liverpool vs Real Madrid combined XI
- Trouble in Liverpool’s camp
- SARS Officer Killed 10 Days After His Wedding (Photos)
- How To Kill SIN In Your Life To Avoid Destruction
- FACTS: Only $8b Released Between Obasanjo & Buhari for Power, there's no $16b
- Twin Brothers, Naval Officer Arrested For Robbery, R*ping
- Billionaire Businesswoman Alakija: My staff defrauded me millions
- FG Has Not Awarded Contract For 2nd Niger Bridge?
- I'm Privileged To Sleep In The Same Prison Bed Used By Obasanjo - Senator Jang
- Here Are Foods That Can Make You Age Faster
- 'Herdsmen' Slaughter Two People Returning From Catholic Priests' Burial?
- Peace Corps Bill Fails As House Of Reps Refuse To Veto Buhari
- Buhari Drops Okiro From Police Service Commission; Replaced By Ex-IGP Smith