The management of a popular night club, Club 57, on Monday faulted the claim of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission that it raided the club and arrested suspected Internet fraudsters, popularly known as Yahoo boys.
The EFCC officials were said to have invaded the club located on Awolowo Way, Ikoyi, Lagos, in search of Yahoo boys, allegedly causing some of the suspects to escape, abandoning their exotic cars.
The commission had confirmed the raid in a Facebook post on its official page, saying it acted on an intelligence report on the activities of Yahoo boys at the club.
It said, “The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Lagos Zonal Office, in the early hours of Friday, May 11, 2018, arrested over 12 suspected Internet fraudsters in the Ikoyi area of Lagos.
“The EFCC operatives stormed the popular Club 57 on Awolowo Way, Ikoyi, where the suspected Yahoo boys were rounded up following intelligence report.
“However, a total of 10 cars were recovered from the suspects during the raid that lasted about three hours.”
But the management of the club in a statement on Monday said operatives of the EFCC did not arrest anyone inside the club.
“With respect to the incidence, Club 57 will like to categorically state that no official of the EFCC or security personnel entered into the club to arrest any of our customers on Thursday, May 10, 2018, or indeed at any other time,” the statement read in part.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Drama As Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode's 2019 Budget
- Rivers APC Case: Supreme Court's Position
- Story Of UNILAG Graduate Turned Suspected Serial R*pist
- Dino Melaye Shares First Picture After Release From Custody
- Faces Of Car-snatching Syndicate Busted By The Police
- Suspected Ritualist Lynched For Allegedly Eating Faeces
- Obasanjo Trends Over Letter To Buhari... Tinubu, Others Hit Him
- Two Men Break Into Redeemed Church, Steal Church Property
- APC Leaders Are Liars, Reject Them - Atiku
- Nigerian Footballer Sodje & Brothers Jailed In UK For Fraud
- Dino Melaye Detained By Police As They File Fresh Charges
- How I Gave Fayose $5m Cash From Security Fund - Obanikoro
- Just Imagine! This Man Spent 45 Years Of His Life In Prison For A Crime He Didn't Commit
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- Tradermoni: Aso Rock fires back at Obasanjo
- Cardiff captain, 45 minutes away from death
- Court Stops Buhari, AGF From Removing CJN Onnoghen
- OMG! Man 'Beats Wife To Death' Just 2 Weeks After Giving Birth In Rivers State
- New IGP Adamu Disbands FSARS, Takes More Actions
- Lagos lawmakers snub Ambode over budget presentation
- Gattuso furious with Higuain
- Industrial court reinforces restraining order against CCT
- My takeaways from Atiku’s trip to US
- Emery: Its too late to reverse Ramsey decision
- Court restricts EFCC, DSS, Police from arresting Fani-kayode and Odumakin
- Rabiot ready to sue PSG amidst ‘indefinite bench role
- Customs Command exceeds target, generates N23.5bn in 2018
- Rashford future so bright, says England manager
- Ibrahimovic: I will play as long as I can
- Banks biggest industry for corruption in Nigeria, says Ogala
- HEDA drags Fashola to EFCC over alleged diversion of $600mn Mambilla fund
- US warns of Boko Haram attack during 2019 elections
- Sen. Shehu Sani scolds El-Rufai
- 2019: SERAP advocates scrapping of security votes, immunity
- Imo 2019: Activist raises alarm over alleged plot to rig Governorship election
- Dangote assures Nigerians of timely completion of refinery
- Lagos approves new guidelines for building of petrol stations
- Breaking: IGP disbands Federal SARS
- Obanikoro testifies against Fayose over money laundering
- Buhari’s TraderMoni initiative idiotic, says Obasanjo