Nigeria’s foreign affairs ministry on Monday, May 14, said that the immigration attaché, Habibu Almu, who was assassinated in Khartoum, Sudan, May 10, was murdered by a female Sudanese of Nigerian origin.
The alleged killer was identified as Inas Khalid Maikano.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that on her Facebook page, where she last made a posting in April 2016, she wrote her name as Enas Maikano.
Enas, the suspected killer. Credit: Foreign affairs ministry
She reportedly said she attended Prime College in Kano and now lives in Khartoum Sudan.
The spokesperson of the ministry, Tope Elia-Fatile, in a statement in Abuja, alleged that the suspect, a student at the Sudanese-Canadian College in Khartoum, murdered Almu in his official quarters recently.
According to him, the suspect had been arrested and detained by the security agency in Sudan.
“Consequently, after several arrests and investigations by the host authorities, it was established that the deceased was stabbed to death.
“The suspect who is a student of Sudanese-Canadian College in Khartoum is a Sudanese of Nigerian origin.
“It was discovered during investigations, authorities discovered that the suspect had stolen some of the deceased personal belongings including cash,” he said.
He said the suspected allegedly confessed committing the crime and is being held in custody.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
“Our mission in Khartoum will continue to monitor and follow up the case to ensure that justice is done on this matter.
“In the meantime, the process of conveying the remains of the late Almu to Nigeria for proper burial is being finalised,” he said
Nigerian youths reply to President Buhari over ‘lazy’ comment | NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Fayose planning to cause disharmony in APC – Fayemi
- Erastus Akingbola to face corruption charges
- President Buhari has listening ears- Bisi Akande
- PDP lacks integrity, says el-Rufai
- Buhari congratulates Falana on 60th birthday
- Replicate seamless political transition in Lagos nationwide, Ekwunife tells APC
- Herdsmen killings: Military commence Operation ‘Whirl Stroke’ in Benue
- How factions loyal to Saraki, Buhari, Dogara split APC state congresses
- Beautiful Lady Celebrates After Graduating As A Private Pilot
- Policemen Disgrace Civil Defence Officer, Bundle Him Into Van
- Nigerian Man Graduates In Style, Gets Full Time Offer From Microsoft, Amazon In US
- WHAT IS SALVATION? (Why It's So Important)
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wed in style
- More Confusion In APC As Party's State Congresses Get Ugly
- I wasn’t an absentee student at UNILAG – Odunlade Adekola
- Coalition, NewPDP insist PDP must change name to join alliance
- Top Four Affordable Phones Anyone Can Buy
- Oyegun, House Speaker Shun APC Congress In Edo State
- Air Force launches rocket attacks against Boko Haram, kills many
- Saraki, Dogara, Kwankwaso, Others Get Secret Deal From PDP?
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- 21 Ex-governors, deputies still earning double salaries as Senators, Ministers
- Kaduna LG Poll: APC Wins 14; PDP 4 chairs
- Police parades three fake currency dealer suspects
- Ogun Assembly passes resolution to establish dump sites across LGAs
- There ‘ll be religious war in Nigeria if.. – CAN
- We ‘ll continue to resist anti-grazing law – Herdsmen
- How To Help Build Your Marriage Even If Your Spouse Is Difficult
- Woman in custody fight carries 7-yr-old son, jumps from top of 25-story building
- Dogs named Harry, Maeghan have own royal wedding too
- Yahoo Boys’ New Tactics of Evading Arrest
- Woman lures boy to abduct little girl during church service
- Falana, Others React to Saraki's Face Off with Police Headquarters over "Killer Squad"
- Court strips indebted Sen. Oduah of all assets, funds in 14 businesses across Lagos, Abuja
- Self-Defence Call: What CSOs, NHRC, military officers, others write in panel report on Danjuma allegation
- Nigeria appointed chair of Anti-Corruption Agencies in Commonwealth Africa
- Imo: Okorocha reveals why Oyegun takes side with ememies to rock APC
- Murder Suspects In Police Headquarters Have Implicated Saraki?
- TRAGEDY! Plane carrying 105 passengers crashes after take off
- Is Billionaire Otedola Running For Governor In Lagos?