Nigeria’s foreign affairs ministry on Monday, May 14, said that the immigration attaché, Habibu Almu, who was assassinated in Khartoum, Sudan, May 10, was murdered by a female Sudanese of Nigerian origin.
The alleged killer was identified as Inas Khalid Maikano.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that on her Facebook page, where she last made a posting in April 2016, she wrote her name as Enas Maikano.
Enas, the suspected killer. Credit: Foreign affairs ministry
She reportedly said she attended Prime College in Kano and now lives in Khartoum Sudan.
The spokesperson of the ministry, Tope Elia-Fatile, in a statement in Abuja, alleged that the suspect, a student at the Sudanese-Canadian College in Khartoum, murdered Almu in his official quarters recently.
According to him, the suspect had been arrested and detained by the security agency in Sudan.
“Consequently, after several arrests and investigations by the host authorities, it was established that the deceased was stabbed to death.
“The suspect who is a student of Sudanese-Canadian College in Khartoum is a Sudanese of Nigerian origin.
“It was discovered during investigations, authorities discovered that the suspect had stolen some of the deceased personal belongings including cash,” he said.
He said the suspected allegedly confessed committing the crime and is being held in custody.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
“Our mission in Khartoum will continue to monitor and follow up the case to ensure that justice is done on this matter.
“In the meantime, the process of conveying the remains of the late Almu to Nigeria for proper burial is being finalised,” he said
Nigerian youths reply to President Buhari over ‘lazy’ comment | NAIJ.com TV
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- We’ve no objection to Access Bank, Diamond Bank merger – CBN
- NASS leadership directs Police, SSS to secure complex for budget presentation
- Tinubu taunts Agbaje ahead of 2019 elections
- Oil companies still owing FG over $1bn in taxes – Obono-Obla
- Qatar unveils 2022 World Cup final stadium design
- Man Utd hand Smalling new contract
- Messi sets new Barcelona record in scintillating Levante performance
- Hazard inspires Chelsea victory
- Ramos: There is no margin for error
- NBS boss Yemi Kale denies Presidency claim that he admitted FG created 12m Jobs
- 3 Ladies Disgraced After Being Caught Stealing
- Gallant Nigerian Soldier Celebrate Birthday In Battlefield
- ASUU Storms Out Of Meeting With FG, Strike Continue
- Ambode Openly Endorse Sanwo-Olu, Hamzat For Lagos
- Dancing Senator Tenders Results Of Osun Election
- Seriously? $1trillion Oil Money Yet To Be Recovered By Govt.
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Police Officer Who Shot A Good Man Finally Arrested
- You All Must Make Sure PDP Don't Win 2019 - Tinubu Charges Lagos APC Leaders
- NYSC Member Who's A Yahoo Boy Nabbed Over Big Fraud
- Buhari Is Short Of Ideas, No Economist In His Cabinet... I Will Fix The Economy - Atiku
- Man Impregnates 12yrs Old Girl In Lagos, Begs For Settlement
- I Won't Rig 2019 Polls The Way They Rigged Me Out In The Past - President Buhari
- Police detain Deji Adeyanju for murder four years after acquittal
- I'm Not Responsible For Your Failure - Jonathan Replies Buhari
- Shock As Woman Who Killed Her Daughter Is Found Not Guilty Of Murder... and here's why
- Why I Parted Ways With Tinubu - Jimi Agbaje
- Female Corper Trends As She Use 'Terrible' English To Report A Crime (Photos)
- Female Robbers Exchange Gun Fire With Nigeria Police
- Sex-for-mark: Disgraced OAU lecturer pleads guilty in court
- Messi sets new Barcelona record
- 5,000 APC members defects to PDP in Ondo
- I will emerge next Governor of Ogun State – Akinlade
- See The Cake President Buhari Celebrated His Birthday With
- Diamond Bank Confirms Merger With Access Bank
- Young Abuja Judge Whose Wife Is Pregnant Slumps, Dies
- Kwankwaso Opens Up On Alleged Plan To Dump PDP For APC
- 'Yahoo Boy' Runs Mad While Trying To Withdraw Cash In Delta (Photos)
- Sarri swoops to sign Dortmund star Pulisic
- NSF 2018: Odunlade visits Osun Camp in Abuja, lauds Athletes, Officials