- The military siege in the southeast geopolitical zone by the Nigerian military has officially ended
- The military exercise was carried out due to the activities of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB)
- The military exercise code named Operation Python Dance II sparked controversy in the region and beyond
The Nigerian Army has officially ended it’s military operation in the southeast code named Operation Python Dance II.
This was made known by the General Officer Commanding (GOC), 82 Division Nigerian Army, Major General Adamu Baba Abubakar.
Abubakar who made the announcement on behalf of the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General TY Buratai, formally declared the end of the operation on Saturday, October 14 in Sector 1 Tactical Headquarters at Umuahia, Abia state.
The Operation Python Dance II lasted for about a month.
The traditional activation of camp fire to formally signify the successful completion of the exercise was lit, a statement by Colonel Sagir Musa, Deputy Director Public Relations 82 Division, on Sunday, October 15 said.
General Abubakar commended all the officers, soldiers and personnel of paramilitary organizations that collaborated, synergized and worked throughout the period of the exercise.
He noted that, “the achievements recorded in the areas of attainment of the mission specific training objectives, improvement in peace and security, curtailing the menace of violent irredentist groups in the theatre of the exercise is remarkable”.
Meanwhile, the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) has called for the prosecution of the Nigerian soldiers who assaulted journalists in Abia state.
The CPJ made the call while reacting to the Nigerian army's statement that its personnel who assaulted journalists at the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) secretariat in Abia state, will be disciplined.
CPJ is an independent, nonprofit organization that promotes press freedom worldwide. They defend the right of journalists to report the news without fear of reprisal.
The group has been been defending and fighting for press freedom in the last 35 years of its existence.
Latest Nigeria News
- 2019:Former Speaker confirms how much Ambode still needs prayer
- Osun poll: PDP kicks against rerun
- Photos Of President Buhari & Wife Departing Nigeria For US
- Female Footballers Involve In Bus Accident In Kogi, Their Driver Is Unconscious
- "How I Joined Kidney Business" - Human Kidneys' Hunters
- Saraki Wins Over Omisore of SDP to Support PDP Defeat APC?
- Lagos 2019: Sanwo-Olu compounds Ambode’s woes
- Kwese Premier League resumes with Conference eight crackers.
- Top five Nigerian players in the UEFA Europa League this week
- I celebrate Akinwunmi over NFF victory—-MFM FC new director
- Aisha Buhari departs for New York to attend UNGA
- Anthony Joshua defeats Povetkin in seventh round
- Kogi United pips NAF Rockets to maintain promotion chase
- Buruj boys to present trophies to Ambode
- Saraki’s Senate has failed Nigerians—Senator
- Boat mishap claims lives in Borno
- Details Of 7 Units Where Rerun Will Hold In Osun September 27
- Lady Jumps Out Of A Moving Car To Escape Robbery In Abuja
- Ras Kimono's Wife Dies Just 3 Months After Husband's Death
- Prince Kazeem Eletu Odibo Empowers His PRO With Cash As She Adds Another Years
- Osun Decides: INEC Planning To Declare Election Inconclusive?
- Woman Breaks Down In Tears As Pastor Gave Her Entire Church Offerings (Photos)
- BREAKING: Osun Governorship Election Declared Inconclusive
- Tinubu/Ambode feud: Lagos APC insists on primary
- You Have My Blessings - IBB assures Tambuwal
- Dangerous Flood: Monarch weeps as town go under water
- Why Ooni of Ife Did Not Vote Yesterday In Osun Election
- Saraki Warns INEC On Osun Election: "We're Watching You"
- Osun: PDP leads as APC puts all hope on Osogbo
- Obasanjo's Refusal To Support Atiku For 2019: Ex-VP Reacts
- Vote Buying & Selling Get To A Level In Osun Election - Monitors
- Fire Guts Big Factory In Ondo, Destroys N100m Equipment
- Tinunu Ignores Meeting To Take 'Final' Decision On Ambode
- Comedian AY Clears The Air On His "Incentive Comment" About D'band & Wife
- Police, Others Praised For Professional Conduct In Osun Poll
- Osinbajo Says No Discrimination In Buhari’s Administration
- Pregnant Woman Give Birth At Delta IDP’s Camp
- Rivers 2019: Three Friends In Serious Battle
- Comedian Bovi Surprises Wife with A Benz for Her 30th Birthday
- Osun poll: Adeleke in early lead as INEC announces results