- The military siege in the southeast geopolitical zone by the Nigerian military has officially ended
- The military exercise was carried out due to the activities of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB)
- The military exercise code named Operation Python Dance II sparked controversy in the region and beyond
The Nigerian Army has officially ended it’s military operation in the southeast code named Operation Python Dance II.
This was made known by the General Officer Commanding (GOC), 82 Division Nigerian Army, Major General Adamu Baba Abubakar.
Abubakar who made the announcement on behalf of the Chief of Army Staff, Lieutenant General TY Buratai, formally declared the end of the operation on Saturday, October 14 in Sector 1 Tactical Headquarters at Umuahia, Abia state.
The Operation Python Dance II lasted for about a month.
The traditional activation of camp fire to formally signify the successful completion of the exercise was lit, a statement by Colonel Sagir Musa, Deputy Director Public Relations 82 Division, on Sunday, October 15 said.
General Abubakar commended all the officers, soldiers and personnel of paramilitary organizations that collaborated, synergized and worked throughout the period of the exercise.
He noted that, “the achievements recorded in the areas of attainment of the mission specific training objectives, improvement in peace and security, curtailing the menace of violent irredentist groups in the theatre of the exercise is remarkable”.
Meanwhile, the Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ) has called for the prosecution of the Nigerian soldiers who assaulted journalists in Abia state.
The CPJ made the call while reacting to the Nigerian army's statement that its personnel who assaulted journalists at the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) secretariat in Abia state, will be disciplined.
CPJ is an independent, nonprofit organization that promotes press freedom worldwide. They defend the right of journalists to report the news without fear of reprisal.
The group has been been defending and fighting for press freedom in the last 35 years of its existence.
Latest Nigeria News
- FRSC worries about Kaduna-Abuja roads
- 2019: Obasanjo insists he wants Buhari out
- South Africa, Cameroon not downcast
- Only A Fool Will Be Neutral When Nigeria Suffer Incompetence & Nepotism – Obasanjo
- Court May Compel Buhari To Investigate Ganduje's Dollar Bribe
- Electoral Amendment: Majority leader backs Buhari
- Northern Leaders Withdraw Support for Buhari over Revelation by his wife, Aisha?
- Police Beat Up Popular Actor Gideon Okeke In Lagos (Photos)
- Man Disgraced As He Was Caught Trying To Steal Ladies' Pant For Money Ritual in Delta
- FG states resolve on INEC’s security
- Super Falcons to know World Cup foes
- Beach Soccer AFCON: Supersand Eagles tackle Senegal
- Father Mbaka ‘Escapes’ Assassination
- Atiku As 2019 Consensus Candidate: PDP Moves To Get Other Parties' Support
- David De Gea is ranked best goalkeeper
- 19th NSF games schedule for Saturday as 23 events go down today
- Team Anambra should stay together to win —-Tony Oli
- NAPF President, Babaginda bails out ailing former Footballer
- Salah sets Liverpool record
- Women’s World Cup draw pits England against Scotland
- I’m in National team to build my profile, not for money—- Aigbogun
- NSF: Loveth Aboki gives Edo first medal in Power lifting
- Honest Security Guard Praised For Returning Lost Wallet Filled With Cash In Abuja
- Tinubu Showers Family Of Late 'Baba Sala' With Cash
- Serious Air Tragedy Averted As Plane Tyres Refuse To Eject In PH Airport While Landing
- Electoral Act: National Assembly Plans To Override Buhari
- Reactions Trailing Freezing Of Peter Obi’s Accounts
- APC Headquarters In Dilemma Over Amosun, Okorocha
- Forget The Past, Vote Buhari, Sanwo-Olu – Ambode
- Obasanjo: I Won't Campaign For Buhari, Atiku; Open Your Eyes & Vote For Better Economy
- Military Buys New Helicopter Gunships To Figh Boko Haram
- Tanker Loses Control, Rams Into 3 Vehicles On Lagos-Ibadan... Leaves 2 Dead
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Obasanjo abandons Atiku; says he has no candidate
- Buhari approves appointment 9 new permanent secretaries
- Seriously? 13.5m Nigerians Voted Without PVC In 2015 - 75% In States Won By Buhari
- Father Mbaka Publicly Apologizes To Peter Obi
- 700 voters card retrieved from foreigners
- NBA president has case to answer in alleged N1.1 bn corruption
- Ehibam schools rugby tournament kicks off in Benin City