Miss Adedutu who is a Higher National Diploma (HNDII) Student, from the Department of Office Technology Management (OTM) of the institution was kidnapped along Itakpe Lokoja Okene road on her way to her home town Ogun State after her first semester exams.
Her kidnap is coming in the same week when three chieftains of the Advanced Peoples Democratic Alliance (APDA) Kogi State chapter were kidnapped along Idah road in the state.
According to a statement issued to DAILY POST by the Director of students’ affairs, National Association of Kogi State Students (NAKOSS) Comrade Salihu Lukman on Sunday night, he said the kidnappers had earlier requested for N10m and later reduced their ransom to N500,000.
“As I speak to you, negotiations is still on going. Today makes it the 4th day now and the poor mother of Adetutu who happens to be a widow can’t afford the ransom.
“We are pleading with the government and the general public to come to the aid of this poor child so that we can secure her release,” he stated.
Comrade Lukman said the State Police command had been informed of the incident, noting that the Kogi State commissioner of Police, Ali Janga also promised to secure Adetutu’s release within the shortest possible time.
Latest Nigeria News
- Retired SARS Boss Shoots Self Dead In His House
- S*x-For-Mark: OAU Lecturer Gets Indefinite Suspension
- PDP To Change Name? Holds Emergency NEC, To Join Forces With Others For 2019
- Female Graduate Preparing For NYSC Crushed By SUV In Lagos
- Falana Reacts To Senator Omo-Agege Saga: "No Legislative House Can Suspend Member"
- Buhari’s nominee remanded in prison for alleged N182m fraud
- I'm Happy, My Twins Are Okay; says Otun Olubadan
- APC In Fresh Crisis Over Tenure Extension
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- See The Things To Consider Before Mounting Your Flat screen TV
- How Thugs Invaded Senate, Took Away Mace (DETAILS)
- Here's Senate Official Reaction To The Invasion & Stealing Of Mace
- I Can't Be Arrested, I Did Not Remove The Mace - Senator Omo-Agege
- Accident In Lagos As Truck Falls Off Berger Bridge, Lands On Two Cars
- Nigerian youth will find most uncomplimentary what Buhari says about them at Commonwealth Business Forum
- 55 Nigerians ‘stole N1, 354tr between 2006 and 2013’ — SERAP
- INEC reveals 7.9m PVCs yet to be collected
- FG orders probe of National Assembly invasion
- El Clasico transfer swap deal
- Mace Theft: Why Omo-Agege gets police VIP treatment instead of arrest
- Update on stolen Mace: Police arrest Omo-Agege over stolen Mace
- Atiku will shock Buhari in 2019, says associate
- 2019: Akiolu gives Buhari condition for Lagos votes
- Keyamo explains acceptance of Buhari’s appointment as Director of Strategic Communications
- Presidential race 2019: Dark cloud against Buhari thickens
- Deploy infrastructure in one year or lose licence , NCC threatens Infracos
- Tension in Senate as thugs following pro-Buhari senator snatch, run off with mace
- NASS orders IGP, Daura to bring back mace in 24hrs
- Lucky Boy Undergoes Surgery To Correct His Windswept Legs
- What To Do When You Are Afraid Of The Future
- Falae Visits Obasanjo, says Buhari has failed, we must come together to defeat failure
- Lagos Businesswoman, Maid, Houseboy Killed By Fire In Her House
- Lagos Court Sentenced Visa Applicant To 3 Years In Jail For Lying About Marital Status
- Boko Haram: No Amnesty For Mass Murderers
- Lecturer Suspended Over Female Student's S*x-For-Mark Allegation
- Are Nigerians Truly ‘Clamouring' For Buhari To Contest In 2019?
- Kidnappers Who Disguised As Women In Hijab Arrested By Police
- NYSC Resumption Date, Requirements For New Corps Members
- Non-Fulani herdsman makes over N0.1bn as kidnapper
- Sex-for-mark as metaphor