The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has replied the protest group led by popular entertainer, Charly Boy demanding Diezani's repatriation.
Nigeriam ace musician, Charles Oputa, who is popularly known as Charly Boy and the former Director, New Media and Convener, Concerned Nigerians, Deji Adeyanju have begun another daily-sit-out at the Headquarters of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, in Abuja to demand the extradition of the former Minister of Petroleum, Diezani Allison-Madueke from the the United Kingdom to come home and defend herself over allegations of corruption.
According to Vanguard, the protesters under the hash tag, #BringBackDiezani were received by the Executive Secretary of EFCC Mr. Aremu who assured them that Diezani would soon be repatriated to face the corruption allegations against her.
Recall that Charly Boy and Adeyanju had earlier staged a daily sit-out both in Nigeria and London under the group names, ResumeOrResign and Our Mumu Don Do against President Muhammadu Buhari which eventually led to the president resuming office after being abroad for 104 days on medical trip.
However, the pro-democracy and good governance group led by the duo have since taken it upon itself to demand good governance and accountability from the government as well as calling for positive actions in certain pressing issues in the country.
The group had equally condemned the recent demolition of Eke-Ukwu market in Owerri, Imo state where a number of persons, including a 10-year-old boy was allegedly killed by a stray bullet when police were shooting to disperse protesting marketers. In the call for Diezani’s repatriation, Adeyanju said, “Our message is simple: since you don’t want to assist U.K in prosecuting her, #BringBackDiezani. Also prosecute everyone whether PDP or APC.”
“Diezani is enjoying in London. Look at her press release the other day. She is practically laughing at Nigerians. You don’t need Baba to give any instruction before you swing into action.” “Curruption is just everywhere.”
Meanwhile, the Executive Secretary of EFCC Mr. Aremu told them that the commission will do the needful to ensure that Diezani is repatriated to answer the allegations.
Meanwhile, condemning the Imo market demolition, Adeyanju, Charly boy said, “The OurMumuDonDo group strongly condemns the flagrant abuse of power and ruthless demolition of the famed ancestral Eke-ukwu Owerri Market.
“The brazen disregard for rule of law and human lives demonstrated earlier today by hatchets of the Imo state government depicts the stark decrepitude in which our nation has been plunged into, and the patent impunity being displayed by people in positions of power.
“We deeply commiserate with the victims of this unprovoked and inhumane attack including the kids who were shot dead; the journalist from Vanguard Newspaper, Alozie Chinonso who was beaten to a stupor; and the numerous people whose honest means of livelihoods have been forcefully snatched as a result of this uncanny incident.
“However, we are aware that the demolition of the Eke-ukwu Owerri market was a flagrant act of insubordination to a subsisting court order restraining the state government from carrying out such heinous act as well as an utter disregard for the wishes of the people who have heretofore opposed the vicious demolition. Hence, we demand an immediate and exhaustive investigation into the incident and a swift prosecution of the perpetrators of the dastardly act.
“We emphatically state that such barbaric assault and obliteration remains condemned and unacceptable in our society. And should such executive lawlessness and impunity be allowed to continue, we may not be able to save our nation from the damning consequences that may lead to the ruination of our dear nation.
“In conclusion, therefore, we urge the Federal Government to exigently look into this issue and admonish the Imo State Government to exert whatever ounce of humanity left in them to halt the demolition and develop a comprehensive compensation plan for the disaffected stakeholders in order to restore peace and calm in the state.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigerians traumatized by your poor service, Fashola tells Discos
- Melaye seeking for cheap attention, says Bello
- Nigerian Army introduces “Happy Hour” to end inter security agencies clashes
- Dino Melaye 'Planned' Burning Of Classrooms He Built - Yahaya Bello
- See What An Angry Man Did To His Brand New Range Rover Over Misunderstanding
- Businesswoman Declares For 2019 Presidency In Abuja (Photos)
- Fans Pressure Celebrities Into Living Fake Lives - Saidi Balogun
- Oshiomhole, APC Governors Meet Kwankwaso; Urge Him Not To Dump Party (Photo)
- Distress call, Nigeria Air is already in debts
- Why I declared early for 2019 Presidential race 2019 – Buhari
- Atiku formally declares for 2019 Presidential race Saturday
- Another tragedy in Lagos: Train crushes commercial bus, three killed, many injured
- Osun 2018: Tinubu bounces back, cousin wins APC primary
- Dancing Senator, Adeleke's Alleged Certificate Saga: DSS Reacts
- Obasanjo To Women: Free Yourselves From ‘The Other Room'
- Man Arrested For Plotting His In-Law’s Kidnap, Murder
- Stranded Nigerians In Russia Return Home
- DPO, Policemen Beat Chief Magistrate, Lawyers For Discharging Robbery Suspects
- VP Osinbajo Orders 72-hour Joint Operation To Clear Apapa Traffic Gridlock
- Aregbesola’s Chief Of Staff Emerges Osun APC Governorship Candidate
- Man Arraigned For Dumping Fiancée After Duping Her
- Buhari Has Deceived Nigerians – Turaki
- UK Reacts To Ekiti Election: Vote-Buying As Bad As Rigging
- Five Important Baby Toy Safety Tips
- Buhari To Commission Bayelsa Airport With Longest Runway
- I'm Done With APC, No Going Back - Governor Ortom Declares
- Shock As Police Storm Hotel Im Delta, Nab Federal Prisons Staff, 6 Others For Kidnapping
- Son Kills Mother Over Money In Lagos
- How Buhari, APC Chairman, Governors Are Begging Saraki
- Here's The Girl Whose Body Was Dumped After She Was Killed By Her Boyfriend
- FG, States, Lgs Share N668.89b After FAAC Deadlock
- 'Kemi Adeosun's NYSC Certificate Is As Fake As Buhari's Integrity'
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- "It’s Not Our Responsibility" - Lagos BRT Staff Reply Passengers Over Dirtiness Of Bus
- Come Out Or We Declare You Wanted - Police Warns Dino Melaye
- Young Boy Kills Girlfriend, Dumps Her Dead Body By The Roadside In Edo (Details)
- "You Have Case To Answer" - Lawyer Sues APC's Joe Igbokwe Over Supreme Court Bribe Claim
- Dancing Senator, Adeleke In Certificate Scandal?
- Two Men Sitting On Moving Train In Lagos; Fall, Die (Photos)
- Covenant University Graduates 238 With First Class... Pretty Lady Emerges Overall Best