The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has replied the protest group led by popular entertainer, Charly Boy demanding Diezani's repatriation.
Nigeriam ace musician, Charles Oputa, who is popularly known as Charly Boy and the former Director, New Media and Convener, Concerned Nigerians, Deji Adeyanju have begun another daily-sit-out at the Headquarters of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, in Abuja to demand the extradition of the former Minister of Petroleum, Diezani Allison-Madueke from the the United Kingdom to come home and defend herself over allegations of corruption.
According to Vanguard, the protesters under the hash tag, #BringBackDiezani were received by the Executive Secretary of EFCC Mr. Aremu who assured them that Diezani would soon be repatriated to face the corruption allegations against her.
Recall that Charly Boy and Adeyanju had earlier staged a daily sit-out both in Nigeria and London under the group names, ResumeOrResign and Our Mumu Don Do against President Muhammadu Buhari which eventually led to the president resuming office after being abroad for 104 days on medical trip.
However, the pro-democracy and good governance group led by the duo have since taken it upon itself to demand good governance and accountability from the government as well as calling for positive actions in certain pressing issues in the country.
The group had equally condemned the recent demolition of Eke-Ukwu market in Owerri, Imo state where a number of persons, including a 10-year-old boy was allegedly killed by a stray bullet when police were shooting to disperse protesting marketers. In the call for Diezani’s repatriation, Adeyanju said, “Our message is simple: since you don’t want to assist U.K in prosecuting her, #BringBackDiezani. Also prosecute everyone whether PDP or APC.”
“Diezani is enjoying in London. Look at her press release the other day. She is practically laughing at Nigerians. You don’t need Baba to give any instruction before you swing into action.” “Curruption is just everywhere.”
Meanwhile, the Executive Secretary of EFCC Mr. Aremu told them that the commission will do the needful to ensure that Diezani is repatriated to answer the allegations.
Meanwhile, condemning the Imo market demolition, Adeyanju, Charly boy said, “The OurMumuDonDo group strongly condemns the flagrant abuse of power and ruthless demolition of the famed ancestral Eke-ukwu Owerri Market.
“The brazen disregard for rule of law and human lives demonstrated earlier today by hatchets of the Imo state government depicts the stark decrepitude in which our nation has been plunged into, and the patent impunity being displayed by people in positions of power.
“We deeply commiserate with the victims of this unprovoked and inhumane attack including the kids who were shot dead; the journalist from Vanguard Newspaper, Alozie Chinonso who was beaten to a stupor; and the numerous people whose honest means of livelihoods have been forcefully snatched as a result of this uncanny incident.
“However, we are aware that the demolition of the Eke-ukwu Owerri market was a flagrant act of insubordination to a subsisting court order restraining the state government from carrying out such heinous act as well as an utter disregard for the wishes of the people who have heretofore opposed the vicious demolition. Hence, we demand an immediate and exhaustive investigation into the incident and a swift prosecution of the perpetrators of the dastardly act.
“We emphatically state that such barbaric assault and obliteration remains condemned and unacceptable in our society. And should such executive lawlessness and impunity be allowed to continue, we may not be able to save our nation from the damning consequences that may lead to the ruination of our dear nation.
“In conclusion, therefore, we urge the Federal Government to exigently look into this issue and admonish the Imo State Government to exert whatever ounce of humanity left in them to halt the demolition and develop a comprehensive compensation plan for the disaffected stakeholders in order to restore peace and calm in the state.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Closed As Tanker Falls, Spills Content
- JUST IN: Omisore Tells His Supporters Who To Vote Tomorrow
- Woman Finds Daughter Alive 6 Years After Being Told She Died In A House Fire (Photos)
- Buhari calls for global action against corruption
- Men divided at Man United: How Mourinho falls to Lampard after fallout with Pogba
- How Ras Kimono’s wife died
- England U20 World Cup Sensation ready to join Super Eagles
- How Linda Ikeji joins growing list of Babymamas
- Uncovering Rukky Sanda’s private hustle
- Why MPC retained interest rate at 14% –CBN
- Genevieve Nnaji’s guy is super proud of his girl
- We do Church jokes because we are church boys – Okey Bakassi
- Nollywood Actress Seen Carrying Big Coffin On Her Head (Pics)
- JSS 2 Student Who Is An Armed Robber Nabbed With Pistol
- N2.5bn fraud: Aisha Buhari reacts
- Osun rerun: Omisore ignores PDP, settles for APC
- Osun Rerun: Oshiomhole, Lai, Ganduje finally seal deal with Omisore
- Lady Gets Yam, Beans, Pawpaw As Best Creative Advert Student
- Why PDP's Adeleke Is Leading Our Candidate In Osun Election - APC Chieftain
- Policemen Used For Osun Election Involved In Fatal Accident
- Osun tie: Matters arising
- Customs generates N852m revenue in 1month
- Minimum wage: ULC threatens nationwide strike,pitch workers against insensitive politicians
- Pressure mounts on UN to fire Obasanjo
- Aisha Buhari orders arrest of her ADC over 2.5billion fraud
- NCC not interested in social media gagging bill, says Ojobo
- Lekan Shonde's Wife "Died Of Brain Injuries"
- Osun Rerun: Omisore, Lasun Agree To Help APC Fight PDP?
- Applicant Dies During FRSC Recruitment In Kogi
- Why INEC Must Declare Collected PVCs For Osun Rerun
- Nigerian Ladies Caught On CCTV Stealing From A Store
- Fear Of Dancing Senator: Oshiomhole, 5 APC Governors Run To Omisore Again
- Woman, Male Friend Nabbed for Using Drone to Monitor Osoba's House (Photos)
- Adeleke Family's Statement On "Rejecting Help" From Omisore
- Tips To Network Better With People For More Opportunities
- Buhari Sends Fayemi From US To "Beg" Omisore For Osun Rerun
- Akpabio Secures APC Nomination As Consensus Candidate
- Minimum Wage: NLC Directs Workers To Begin Strike Tomorrow
- Why My ADC Was Arrested – Aisha Buhari