The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has replied the protest group led by popular entertainer, Charly Boy demanding Diezani's repatriation.
Nigeriam ace musician, Charles Oputa, who is popularly known as Charly Boy and the former Director, New Media and Convener, Concerned Nigerians, Deji Adeyanju have begun another daily-sit-out at the Headquarters of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, in Abuja to demand the extradition of the former Minister of Petroleum, Diezani Allison-Madueke from the the United Kingdom to come home and defend herself over allegations of corruption.
According to Vanguard, the protesters under the hash tag, #BringBackDiezani were received by the Executive Secretary of EFCC Mr. Aremu who assured them that Diezani would soon be repatriated to face the corruption allegations against her.
Recall that Charly Boy and Adeyanju had earlier staged a daily sit-out both in Nigeria and London under the group names, ResumeOrResign and Our Mumu Don Do against President Muhammadu Buhari which eventually led to the president resuming office after being abroad for 104 days on medical trip.
However, the pro-democracy and good governance group led by the duo have since taken it upon itself to demand good governance and accountability from the government as well as calling for positive actions in certain pressing issues in the country.
The group had equally condemned the recent demolition of Eke-Ukwu market in Owerri, Imo state where a number of persons, including a 10-year-old boy was allegedly killed by a stray bullet when police were shooting to disperse protesting marketers. In the call for Diezani’s repatriation, Adeyanju said, “Our message is simple: since you don’t want to assist U.K in prosecuting her, #BringBackDiezani. Also prosecute everyone whether PDP or APC.”
“Diezani is enjoying in London. Look at her press release the other day. She is practically laughing at Nigerians. You don’t need Baba to give any instruction before you swing into action.” “Curruption is just everywhere.”
Meanwhile, the Executive Secretary of EFCC Mr. Aremu told them that the commission will do the needful to ensure that Diezani is repatriated to answer the allegations.
Meanwhile, condemning the Imo market demolition, Adeyanju, Charly boy said, “The OurMumuDonDo group strongly condemns the flagrant abuse of power and ruthless demolition of the famed ancestral Eke-ukwu Owerri Market.
“The brazen disregard for rule of law and human lives demonstrated earlier today by hatchets of the Imo state government depicts the stark decrepitude in which our nation has been plunged into, and the patent impunity being displayed by people in positions of power.
“We deeply commiserate with the victims of this unprovoked and inhumane attack including the kids who were shot dead; the journalist from Vanguard Newspaper, Alozie Chinonso who was beaten to a stupor; and the numerous people whose honest means of livelihoods have been forcefully snatched as a result of this uncanny incident.
“However, we are aware that the demolition of the Eke-ukwu Owerri market was a flagrant act of insubordination to a subsisting court order restraining the state government from carrying out such heinous act as well as an utter disregard for the wishes of the people who have heretofore opposed the vicious demolition. Hence, we demand an immediate and exhaustive investigation into the incident and a swift prosecution of the perpetrators of the dastardly act.
“We emphatically state that such barbaric assault and obliteration remains condemned and unacceptable in our society. And should such executive lawlessness and impunity be allowed to continue, we may not be able to save our nation from the damning consequences that may lead to the ruination of our dear nation.
“In conclusion, therefore, we urge the Federal Government to exigently look into this issue and admonish the Imo State Government to exert whatever ounce of humanity left in them to halt the demolition and develop a comprehensive compensation plan for the disaffected stakeholders in order to restore peace and calm in the state.”
Latest Nigeria News
- Melaye not been fed for 48 hrs; police, hospital management, volunteers refuse to help
- Police boss ignores Senate invitation; follows Buhari on state visit
- Senators rally House to impeach Buhari
- Access Bank profits plunges in Q1 of 2018
- Performing a monologue before V.P Osinbajo remains remarkable for me – Anyaduba
- How to Rest in God and Overcome Challenges
- FAAC cancels meeting over poor revenue returns by NNPC
- Shareholders commend Access Bank’s consistent dividend payout
- U.S Consulate spearheads human rights campaign
- ANAP queries FG over concession of airports
- Sale of UK subsidiary will not disrupt services, says Diamond Bank
- Melaye laments plights in police custody
- ISIS, not herdsmen responsible for killings – Doyin Okupe
- Policeman kills motorcyclist over N50 bribe
- Seafarers kicks over Marine Police extortion at sea
- Half of Nigeria-bound vehicles discharged in Cotonou port, says PTML
- Dear Buhari, what if the youths are lazy and entitled?
- TRAGIC! Man Who Survived Helicopter Crash Gets Sliced To Death During Rescue By Another Chopper
- Presidency Reacts To House of Reps Summoning Buhari
- PHOTO: Sick Nigerian Women Receiving Drip Under A Tree
- Lagos Govt. Approves Murder Trial of Husband of Lady Killed In Banana Island
- Protest In Senate Over Buhari’s Withdrawal of $496m Without Approval
- Subsidy increasing as rising oil price pushes petrol landing cost higher
- Here Are Ways To Whiten Your Teeth
- Outrage as gunmen kill more people in Benue State
- Dino Melaye In Handcuffs, His Arrest Forces Senate Shutdown
- Buhari To Be Summoned By House of Reps As Herdsmen Killings Gets Out of Control
- N322m 'Fraud': Delta Senator To Spend 2 Days In Prison
- Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Project: N64B Has Been Approved
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Buhari, south-south chairmen in collusion to ensure Tinubu’s ally eases out APC chairman Oyegun
- Banks refund N654m excess charges on FAAC accounts
- Too Much Killings: Reps Call For Sack Of Service Chiefs, Pass Vote Of No Confidence
- Life and times of Pa Ibidapo
- Customs have reduced smuggling on waterways – Comptroller
- Police hand-cuffs Sen. Melaye on sick bed, bars Saraki, others from visit
- MTN proposes $500m IPO – SEC
- DPR to shut down unlicensed petrol stations
- Buhari strengthens alliance with Tinubu
- Why we think Wenger was forced to resign