President Buhari who recently resumed office after a 104-day medical leave in the United Kingdom has continued to enjoy massive support from Nigerians.
About 5,000 people from seven states in the north trooped out on Thursday for the proposed two-million-man march to welcome President Muhammadu Buhari back into the country and pray for the full restoration of his health.
The crowd assembled at the Sani Abacha Stadium, Kano, where they chanted various solidarity songs before eventually offering prayers for the President.
Shortly after the prayer session, the crowd headed for the Golden Jubilee Cenotaph situated around the Kano State Government House where Governor Abdullahi Ganduje received them.
Apart from registering their loyalty to the President, the supporters also presented a letter to the governor for onward delivery to Buhari.
While thanking the supporters for their concern and prayers for the President, Ganduje said with the type of dedication shown by the former military general in tackling the challenges of the country, it won’t be long before things start moving in the right direction.
He said, “President Buhari has been arresting those, who stole our money and will continue to arrest them. He has recovered billions of our common wealth stolen by thieves, which have now been deposited in our treasury.”
However, Ganduje, urged Nigerians to intensify their prayers for President Buhari, who he described as not only a man of peace and equity but someone with a deep love for the country.
Latest Nigeria News
- NFF kicks off training for goalkeepers
- I am grateful for NFF plans to lift Women’s league – Falode
- Harry Song, friend host SWAN in unity match
- Another bloodbath in Kogi as gunmen invade communities
- Commonwealth leaders endorse Prince Charles as successor to Queen Elizabeth
- ATCON seeks Akwa-Ibom partnership on technology investment forum
- Cultists shot soldiers during mop-up operation to rid Lagos of vandals, cultists, impersonators
- Lagos unveils new 44-feet statue at Ojota to honour Gani Fawehinmi
- U.S. releases damaging human rights report on Nigeria under Buhari
- SERAP sues Ajasin Varsity, Areredolu over tuition fee hike
- Nigeria will sustain positive growth outlook – Adeosun, Emefiele
- Borno: Suicide bombers attack Mosque, kill five
- N18bn fraud: Ex-governor denies receiving EFCC invitation
- INEC speaks on PDP allegations of polling booth compromise
- Amokachi worries about Super Eagles
- Two Nigerian coaches disappeared at CWG
- Omo-Agege’s latest Twitter rants on Senate
- A tale of two realities
- Buratai’s last battle with Boko Haram
- Jacob Zuma at 76 seeks marriage with lady, 24, as seventh wife
- Teju Babyface & Wife Welcome Twins After Over 5yrs of Marriage
- PHOTOS: 2 Boko Haram Commanders & Doctor Surrender
- UN cornerned Cameroon is sending Nigerian refugees back to Boko Haram
- Winners Chapel Pastor Rescued By Nigeria Navy After Days In Kidnappers Den
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- 3 Top Brands With the Most Affordable Home Appliances
- Update On Police Search For Senate Mace Thieves As Female Official Leaves Hospital
- Heartless Killings Continue: Herdsmen Kill 15 In Daring Attack
- Governor Fingered In Plot Against VP Osinbajo
- Big Woman Posing As Immigration Officer Arrested In Lagos For S*x Slavery
- Buhari, Tinubu in supremacy battle
- Nigeria is a middle-income country, Adeosun corrects IMF
- 'Yahoo Boy' Lands In EFCC Net Over Alleged $22,000 Fraud
- Evil Taking Over Good In Nigeria - Soyinka On State Of The Nation
- 30 people dead as gunmen invade Zamfara
- Ladies Trafficked From Nigerian Turned Into Slaves In Morocco, Saudi Arabia
- Nigerian Man Attempts Suicide After Being Sentenced To Death
- Confusion As Angry Patients Hold Doctor, Others 'Hostage' At Enugu Hospital
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Married Woman Brutalized By Hoodlums In Lagos Market