President Buhari who recently resumed office after a 104-day medical leave in the United Kingdom has continued to enjoy massive support from Nigerians.
About 5,000 people from seven states in the north trooped out on Thursday for the proposed two-million-man march to welcome President Muhammadu Buhari back into the country and pray for the full restoration of his health.
The crowd assembled at the Sani Abacha Stadium, Kano, where they chanted various solidarity songs before eventually offering prayers for the President.
Shortly after the prayer session, the crowd headed for the Golden Jubilee Cenotaph situated around the Kano State Government House where Governor Abdullahi Ganduje received them.
Apart from registering their loyalty to the President, the supporters also presented a letter to the governor for onward delivery to Buhari.
While thanking the supporters for their concern and prayers for the President, Ganduje said with the type of dedication shown by the former military general in tackling the challenges of the country, it won’t be long before things start moving in the right direction.
He said, “President Buhari has been arresting those, who stole our money and will continue to arrest them. He has recovered billions of our common wealth stolen by thieves, which have now been deposited in our treasury.”
However, Ganduje, urged Nigerians to intensify their prayers for President Buhari, who he described as not only a man of peace and equity but someone with a deep love for the country.
Latest Nigeria News
- Buhari is history – Agbakoba
- CCGG calls out FG over Leah sharibu abduction
- Buhari losing war against Boko Haram
- Atiku’s choice of VP: Peter Obi as a motivational metaphor
- Fake Mad Man Busted After He Received Alert Of N1.5Million
- Juventus considers new Mandzukvic deal
- FIFA 19: Usain bolt likely to be included in winter update
- Luis Enrique: There is no similarities between Spain, Barcelona
- Lukaku hints at future Serie A switch
- Pep: Messi, Ronaldo are phenomena
- Roberto Martinez: Hazard can lead any team
- Man Utd to make De gea the highest paid player in the team
- Morata: Money, fame can be a problem
- Joshua kimmich: Bad luck isn’t a coincidence in Germany’s failures
- National industrial court dismisses suit filed over Marilyn Ogar retirement
- Mother of Hauwa Liman: I Can't Believe My Daughter Is Dead
- APC Reacts To Governor Ganduje's $5m Bribe-taking Videos
- Fayose's Interrogation By Senior EFCC Officers Begins
- LAUTECH Students Protest, Shut Down School Over Fee Hike
- Presidency Reacts To Video Of Gov Ganduje 'Receiving' Bribe
- Nigeria Amputee Football Team In Ghastly Car Crash En-route Abuja For Visa (Photos)
- Speaker Dogara Declares Two Reps' Seats Vacant
- Tenure expiration: Fayose’s whereabouts remains unknown
- Nigeria’s inflation on the rise again
- CBN set to revamp banking regulations
- Young Nigerian Man Married To Elderly White Woman Dies Of Massive Heart Attack (Photo)
- Mama Rainbow Celebrates 76th Birthday With Lovely Photos
- Kayode Fayemi Sworn-in As New Governor Of Ekiti State
- Fayose Arrives EFCC Office In Style (Photo)
- Saudi Arabia to admit missing journalist was killed
- Evil Staff Kidnaps & Kills Boss Who Sacked Him For Stealing
- Atiku Reacts To Killing Of Hauwa Liman By Boko Haram
- Rich Nigerian Man & Friends Die In Fatal Accident At Night
- Beautiful Lady Working As A Mechanic Melts Hearts Online
- Presidency orders EFCC to detain Fayose indefinitely, says PDP
- Businessmen Arrested For 'Stealing' Spare Parts In Lagos
- Obasanjo Commended For Openly Endorsing Atiku
- 72 Afe Babalola Uni Students Graduate With First Class
- Atiku Appoints Saraki, Fayose, Wike To Head 2019 Campaign
- SP shoots dead ex-finance minister’s daughter; family suspects something else