President Buhari who recently resumed office after a 104-day medical leave in the United Kingdom has continued to enjoy massive support from Nigerians.
About 5,000 people from seven states in the north trooped out on Thursday for the proposed two-million-man march to welcome President Muhammadu Buhari back into the country and pray for the full restoration of his health.
The crowd assembled at the Sani Abacha Stadium, Kano, where they chanted various solidarity songs before eventually offering prayers for the President.
Shortly after the prayer session, the crowd headed for the Golden Jubilee Cenotaph situated around the Kano State Government House where Governor Abdullahi Ganduje received them.
Apart from registering their loyalty to the President, the supporters also presented a letter to the governor for onward delivery to Buhari.
While thanking the supporters for their concern and prayers for the President, Ganduje said with the type of dedication shown by the former military general in tackling the challenges of the country, it won’t be long before things start moving in the right direction.
He said, “President Buhari has been arresting those, who stole our money and will continue to arrest them. He has recovered billions of our common wealth stolen by thieves, which have now been deposited in our treasury.”
However, Ganduje, urged Nigerians to intensify their prayers for President Buhari, who he described as not only a man of peace and equity but someone with a deep love for the country.
Latest Nigeria News
- Kidnappers demand N5m ransom for Baptist pastor’s wife
- How Boko Haram killed 63 in latest attack in Borno
- NECO cancels 20,181 results over malpractice
- Court stops Multichoice from hiking subscription fees
- Tension in Abuja: U.S. Embassy reopens August 24 in Abuja
- Boko Haram: UN raises alert over fresh terrorists attack in North East, Nigeria
- Niger Tornadoes get new management vehicle
- FIFA Ban: Dalung insists rule of law must prevail
- Nigeria female handball U-18 players depart for Cote d’Ivoire
- 2018: Osogbo set for City Peace Marathon
- Saurabh Chaudhary Clinches Gold in 10m air pistol shooting
- Chelsea to offer Eden Hazard new £300,000-per-week deal
- Single digit interest rates not feasible now, says Diamond Bank
- Buhari treks 800 metres after sallah prayer
- Eid-el-Kabir: Eschew divisive tendencies, Obasa urge Nigerians
- Proposed national carrier, a waste of resources- Ezekwesili
- SERAP issues Ajimobi seven-day ultimatum to repair Ayefele’s Fresh FM building or face legal action
- Ayefele's FM: Repair It Or Ajimobi Will Face Legal Action - SERAP
- Nobody wants Nigeria suspended —Giwa
- Who is Victor Moses? — Segun Odegbami
- Ndidi signs a new six-year contract with Leicester City
- Barca director hints they haven’t given up on Pogba
- Atiku, Ben Bruce react to demolition of Yinka Ayefele’s N800m Radio House
- Acadeny for Stars expelled, fined
- How NFF escaped FIFA ban
- Army investigates female soldier for brutalizing niece
- After a year in coma, footballer wakes up
- Microsoft uncovers more hacking attempts
- Another senator docked for N245m fraud
- Ayefele’s Building Demolition: Both Sides State Their Case
- Man Stabs His 2 Younger Brothers To Death Over Their Father's Property In Delta
- Two Women Nabbed For Buying Day-old Twins For N1.8m
- Woman Gets Married For The First Time At 60 (Photo)
- SHOCKING: CBN Officer Who Belonged To "Secret Society" Dies Mysteriously In Abuja
- Thrilling Things To Do This Holiday
- Gunmen Kill Popular Catholic Priest In Abuja
- You Didn't Build A Single Company In 8 Year, I've Built 9 In 3 Years - Udom replies Akpabio
- Strange Chemical Emission Fills The Air In Anambra Community, 7 Reportedly Dead
- Tinubu Not Happy with Buhari Govt., Supporting Him for His 2023 Ambition - Saraki
- Woman Arrested In Lagos For Pouring Hot Water On Maid