– The police has revealed why many people were killed in the recent Offa robbery incidence
– Kwara state commissioner of police said there was a break down of intelligence report in Offa prior to the robbery attack
– According to Amiun Saleh, the robbers overwhelmed the police officers in the area
The newly appointed commissioner of police in Kwara state, Aminu Saleh, has explained why many deaths were recorded in the robbery incident which took place in Offa, Kwara state.
Speaking with journalists on Thursday, April 26, in Ilorin, Saleh said there was a break down of intelligence report in Offa prior to the robbery attack.
Adding that the police had low connectivity with members of the community, Saleh said the police had no knowledge of the attack beforehand.
“We had an intelligence break down. We had many criminals attacking a few policemen. We had little information on the attack before it happened,” Saleh said.
He said the police is currently re-strategising and re-positioning its officers to work on the community and ensure that those lapses observed are addressed.
“What essentially went wrong is our response capacity. We’re going to correct all those anomalies and get our men to be more responsive.
“We’re on the trail of the suspects and a lot of successes have been recorded. It is true that we have deficit of APC in the state; in fact we have two moribund ones. But there is already an arrangement on the ground by the state government to intervene and assist in this manner,” Saleh added.
NAIJ.com earlier reported that a mobile police officer was, on Thursday, April 19, killed during a bank robbery at First Bank in Ifaki-Ekiti, Ekiti state.
The robbers during the attack, carted away an undisclosed amount of money before the arrival of security operatives.
The incident which was made known in the pictures that surfaced online showed some residents gathered at the bank premises.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Story Of Woman Who Suffered 35 Miscarriages In 7 Years
- Atiku Meets Jonathan To Strategize For 2019 Election (Photos)
- Married Woman Bites Off Landlord's Lips (Photo)
- “Fayose to be detained indefinitely”
- Ekiti State ready to hijack Gold Cup Tourney from Benue State
- Akinwunmi encourage Super Eagles in Tunisia
- Makoko: Coalition of Civil Society Organizations task Ambode on police invasion, issues 21 days ultimatum
- NCC to sanction illegal auto tracking solutions providers
- Your candidacy not a meal ticket, Obasa counsels colleagues
- Shittu battles NYSC as Buhari waits for minister’s resignation
- Customs generates over N1b in 2 months
- Exam malpractice: Diarrhea prevents Adeleke from showing up in court; judge orders IGP to ensure arraignment
- IG of Police opposes demotion of officers by PSC Chairman
- 2019: Tinubu battles Amosun to regain South West leadership
- Pretty Lady Grabs Her Man Who Tries To Run In Pre-Wedding Photoshoot
- NERC to put limits on estimated billings
- Buhari explains why he bans 50 high-profile Nigerians
- You’re too arrogant, First Lady tells President
- Kalu speaks on his goal for Super Eagles
- Ocean Boys crown Champions Bayelsa Football League
- Leaked Bribe Videos: Impeachment Looms As Kano Assembly Begins Probe Of Governor
- IGP Orders Arrest Of Policemen Over Murder Of Abuja Lady
- Kukah: How I Convinced Obasanjo To End Feud With Atiku
- Shittu Drags APC To Court For Disqualifying Him Over NYSC
- Minister allays fear over Nigeria’s rising debt portfolio
- Travel ban, not political weapon against opposition- Presidency
- Sex & Masturbation: Secret Struggle Of Most Men & Women
- Osun United crash Rovers FC 1-0 at NNL
- Ambode holds press conference to herald 2019 race
- See How Worshipers Held Their Sunday Service After Church Got Submerged By Flood (Photos)
- Photos Of GEJ, His Daughter, Faith, Her Husband & Grandkids
- Ekiti boiling with emotion as Fayose faces EFCC October 15
- Amuwo Odofin constituents cry out over alleged stolen mandate, task Tinubu
- INEC Under Pressure To Return "Buhari's Sister" Amina Zakari To Head Operations?
- Pretty Lady, Anita Shot Dead In Front Of Her House In Abuja
- Meet The Man Behind Gov Ganduje's Leaked $5m Bribery Clip
- Buhari’ll Win South-East Despite Obi’s Nomination – Okorocha's Son-in-Law
- Leaked Video Of Governor 'Receiving Bribe': Kano Govt. Reacts
- Suspected Robber Arrested 5 Days After Release From Prison
- Falana, Others To Buhari: Withdraw That Travel Ban Order