– The police has revealed why many people were killed in the recent Offa robbery incidence
– Kwara state commissioner of police said there was a break down of intelligence report in Offa prior to the robbery attack
– According to Amiun Saleh, the robbers overwhelmed the police officers in the area
The newly appointed commissioner of police in Kwara state, Aminu Saleh, has explained why many deaths were recorded in the robbery incident which took place in Offa, Kwara state.
Speaking with journalists on Thursday, April 26, in Ilorin, Saleh said there was a break down of intelligence report in Offa prior to the robbery attack.
Adding that the police had low connectivity with members of the community, Saleh said the police had no knowledge of the attack beforehand.
“We had an intelligence break down. We had many criminals attacking a few policemen. We had little information on the attack before it happened,” Saleh said.
He said the police is currently re-strategising and re-positioning its officers to work on the community and ensure that those lapses observed are addressed.
“What essentially went wrong is our response capacity. We’re going to correct all those anomalies and get our men to be more responsive.
“We’re on the trail of the suspects and a lot of successes have been recorded. It is true that we have deficit of APC in the state; in fact we have two moribund ones. But there is already an arrangement on the ground by the state government to intervene and assist in this manner,” Saleh added.
NAIJ.com earlier reported that a mobile police officer was, on Thursday, April 19, killed during a bank robbery at First Bank in Ifaki-Ekiti, Ekiti state.
The robbers during the attack, carted away an undisclosed amount of money before the arrival of security operatives.
The incident which was made known in the pictures that surfaced online showed some residents gathered at the bank premises.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigeria’s democracy under threat, says Moghalu
- CBN floods economy with lower Naira denominations
- Saraki declares for 2019
- Israeli PM in corruption scandal
- Lagos State Govt denies privatising water supply
- Sales of pre-registered SIM cards boom despite fines
- I promise better welfare ahead of NWPL resumption –Hon. Odunlade
- Falconets eliminated from World Cup
- FIFA rejects Dalung’s ministerial visit offer
- Dollar depreciates against Naira at parallel market
- INEC Releases 2019 General Elections Notice In Lagos
- I'm An Experienced Job Creator - Atiku
- GEJ To Nigerians: Don't Despair In The Face Of Persecution
- PHOTOS: Bayelsa International Airport Almost Ready
- Corporate Keke Driver Customizes His Keke With Cups Of Sweets For Passengers
- US-based Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By His Lover's Ex
- Nigeria Police To Be Decentralized
- Man Sentenced To Death For Killing Pregnant Wife Over N1000
- Young Robbers Terrorizing Delta Nabbed By Security Operatives
- Photo Of Saraki and His Beautiful Daughters
- Meet Nigeria's Strongest Man As He Shares Secret Of His Success
- Lady Makes Shocking Revelations: My abductors butchered people for rituals
- Many Sleeping At INEC Office In Lagos Just To Get PVC
- Ayefele fans, workers protest planned demolition of radio station
- Faces Of Suspected Homos*xuals Arrested In Hotel Room
- Deadlock In National Assembly Over N189bn Budget For INEC
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Best Destinations For Your First International Trip
- Woman Lies In The Middle Of The Road To Protest Non-Payment Of 13 Months Salary
- Bank Staff Arrested For Fraud On His Wedding Day In Lagos
- Married Woman Committing Adultery Dies After S*x
- Yinka Ayefele Sues Oyo Government Over Building Demolition
- Akpabio Runs To Court, Stops Saraki From Declaring Seat Vacant
- Little Man Rocks NYSC Kit In Style
- New Minimum Wage: We Weren't Elected Just To Pay Salaries - Governors
- Protest At Police Headquarters Abuja Over Detention of Premium Times Journalist
- Soldiers Kill Notorious Bandit, Sani Danbuzuwa During Shoot Out
- Security vote: Governors challenge Buhari, EFCC
- Here is how much FG recovered from whistle blowers
- Philipp Lahm heads Germany bid to host Euro 2024 tournament