The committee set up by the management of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, has recommended indefinite suspension of a professor allegedly caught on tape demanding sex from a female student at the school.
PUNCH Metro had reported that the lecturer, in a recorded audio, asked to have sex with the student five times to upgrade her mark from 33 to a pass mark.
The committee member said, “We recommended indefinite suspension of the professor pending the time the final report will be ready. The committee, in its interim report, established a prima facie case against him.
“We invited him and the female student. We identified the student and invited her, but she did not appear; only the professor honoured our invitation. I don’t want to tell you what he said on the telephone.”
The source noted that the final report would be ready after the lady had appeared.
Our correspondent learnt that the student was a postgraduate doing her Master of Business Administration.
The Public Relations Officer of the school, Mr. Abiodun Olanrewaju, said he would find out if the report was ready.
He had yet to call back as of the time of filing this report.
The Vice Chancellor of OAU, Prof. Eyitope Ogunbodede, had on Sunday told our correspondent that the report of the committee would be ready on Wednesday and that the university would release it to the public.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Telcos to fund researches, innovations, says NCC boss
- Misapplication of funds: President fires Minister
- Why 9mobile takeover is being delayed – NCC
- End of road for Air Nigeria
- Police Opens Up On "Big Money" Paid Officers For Osun Election
- SHOCKING: Men Removes Police Sergeant’s Eyes For Ritual
- APC Primary: Ambode, Oshiomhole, Govs In Serious Meeting
- Blind Man, Three Others Drown In Delta Flood
- Train Kills Police Inspector Working For IGP Team In Lagos
- Nigeria Air: We Knew This Was How It Would End - Stakeholders
- Mother & Her Son In Prison Over Alleged Killing Of Woman
- Lagos Now Among Dirtiest Cities In The World, says PSP
- Tears, Sorrow, Destructions As Floods Rage Through Nigeria
- President Sacks Minister Over Misuse Of Money For Poor People
- Wanted Armed Robber Who Allegedly Killed Policeman Arrested In Lagos
- AMBODE UNDER PRESSURE: Tinunu Orders Him To Surrender... He Says No
- Senator Adeleke's Certificate, Move To Arrest Him & The Updates
- Dud Cheque: Senator Uzodinma Reacts To Order For His Arrest
- How Rampaging Cultists Kill Final Year Student, Others Openly
- Fun Photos Of Ifeanyi Ubah and Okorocha At The Airport
- Politicians Have Started Sharing Money For Osun Election
- Female Kidnapper Rescued From Being Lynched (Photo)
- Gov Yahaya Bello In Panic As Buhari Orders Kogi Bank Details?
- Birth, Death Certificates Are Free - NPC Tells Nigerians
- APC Releases New Timetable For Primaries, National Convention
- Okorocha: I Don't Know If Our Rainfall Is Acidic, It Has Destroyed All Roads
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Digital Farming Can Tackle Nigeria's Food Shortage
- Speaker, Minority Leader, lead defectors in Oyo Assembly
- 2019: Uncertainty deepens in APC
- Junior Minister Zainab Ahmed Now Substantive Finance Minister - Presidency
- WAEC & NECO: IGP Stopped From Arresting Senator Adeleke
- Story Of Twin Sisters Who Gave Birth Same Day, Same Hospital To Baby Boys (Photos)
- 2019: INEC’s ban of phones at polling units plan to rig elections – PDP
- Woman Fights Her Best Friend Openly After Pastor Reveals She's Behind Her Problems
- PHOTO: Huge Python Killed In Lagos
- FG Suspends National Carrier, NIGERIA AIR Indefinitely
- How Nigerian Undergraduate Hanged Himself
- Police Block Ezekwesili, BBOG Protesters From Seeing Buhari
- Delta Woman Refuses To Take Her Daughter Without Anus For Surgery After Collecting Money