By Dapo Akinrefon
AS hearing in the suit by an All Progressives Congress, APC, governorship aspirant, Dr. Segun Abraham against Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, SAN, commences, on Wednesday, at the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, APC members in the camps of Akeredolu and Abraham engaged in a war of words over alleged plans to either delay or truncate the case by resorting to technicalities.
While Aderedolu was declared the winner at the primary supervised by Jigawa State Governor Abubakar Babaru, Abraham challenged the governor’s emergence as the APC flag bearer for the 2016 poll, urging the court to declare him the winner of the primary.
The notice was served on concerned parties by the court presided over by Justice Nnamdi Dimgba in Abuja.
The commencement of the suit followed the verdict of the Supreme Court that Akeredolu’s appeal was without merit and could not stop the case from being heard at the High Court.
Abraham had approached the court to be declared the winner of the APC primary and subsequently sworn in to replace Akeredolu as governor.
Akeredolu, Abraham trade words
Meanwhile, Abraham’s camp has alleged a plot to either challenge the jurisdiction of the court to hear the case or blackmail the judge by requesting that the case is assigned to another judge.
Reacting to the allegation, the APC Publicity Secretary, Abayomi Adesanya and Director of Media and Publicity, Steve Otaloro, described the allegation as a fabrication, saying that Akeredolu cannot manipulate any judgment because the case favours him.
Otaloro said: “They are crying wolf where there is none. They should have confidence in the judiciary. They should not be jittery.
“Akeredolu is an activist and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria. He upholds the rule of law. It is unfortunate that Nigerians are insulting our judiciary by coming up with this frivolous allegation. Whether anyone believe it or not, our judiciary remains one of the best in the world. The camp of Abraham is jittery because all of them know the matter they took to court is only awaiting official nullification because it lacks substance.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Saraki Reacts To Fayemi's Victory In Ekiti Governorship Election
- PDP governor differs with colleagues, party on Fayemi victory
- Lawmaker arrested for arming suspects with pump-action guns
- Flying Eagles return, set to conquer ‘tough’ Mauritanians
- Croatia coach attributes success in Russia to holy rosary
- Onyekuru completes Galatasaray loan switch
- There is crisis in NFF —Dalung
- Delta Stars take on Go-Round in Mid-season Club Friendly
- NBBF calls 28 players for World cup Camp in Atlanta
- Anbode rescues stranded Nigerians in Russia
- Why the nose dive of Nigeria players playing big time Football
- “FIFA won’t invoke its Statutes in Nigeria if there was no interference”
- Ekiti: Atiku cautions PDP, Fayose supporters
- President Buhari Reacts To Fayemi's Victory In Ekiti Election
- SCARY! Gunmen Ambush & Kill Policemen At A Checkpoint In Edo, Set Them On Fire
- VP Osinbajo Celebrates His Wife With Sweet Words
- Woman Robbed & Killed While Going Home At Night (Photos)
- Ekiti Governor-Elect Fayemi Reacts, Makes New Promises
- "We Were Chained Together & Covered With Tarpaulin For 10 Days" - Kidnapped Reverend Sisters
- Breaking: Chris Okotie seeks APC, PDP mandate to lead Nigeria
- Footballer Obafemi Martins Shows Off His New House n Lagos
- PDP Rejects Ekiti Election Outcome, Says Results Were Concocted By APC And INEC
- NYSC fake certificate scandal: Buhari denies holding meeting with Bakare, Adeosun
- Political torments in Ekiti: NBC shuts Ekiti Broadcasting Service indefinitely
- Ekiti: Fayemi wins as PDP calls for annulment
- Ekiti: Unbelievable but true, story behind election result
- Boy With Windswept Legs Overjoyed After Undergoing Surgery To Correct Deformity
- Flood Destroys Property In Ogun State, Over 10 Persons Killed
- INEC Declares APC's Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Election
- Lagos House of Assembly Member Arrested Over Guns Found With 'Criminals'
- Notorious Kidnappers Arrested During Ransom In Delta
- Update on Adeosun’s fake certificate scandal: Controversial certificate not issued by NYSC – former DG
- 5 Key Considerations For Purchasing A New Smartphone
- Dino Melaye Thanks Goodluck Jonathan For Completing 85% Of Abuja Light Rail
- Loaded Car Plunges Into River After Somersaulting 3 Times
- Ekiti Election: APC Candidate Fayemi Wins (Full Details)
- Boyfriend Used Charms On My Daughter – Ex-Ondo Deputy Gov
- Ekiti TV, Radio Shut By NBC After Fayose Announced Results
- Obasanjo Agrees To Lead Coalition To Defeat Buhari In 2019
- PRAYER FOR TODAY