By Dapo Akinrefon
AS hearing in the suit by an All Progressives Congress, APC, governorship aspirant, Dr. Segun Abraham against Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, SAN, commences, on Wednesday, at the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, APC members in the camps of Akeredolu and Abraham engaged in a war of words over alleged plans to either delay or truncate the case by resorting to technicalities.
While Aderedolu was declared the winner at the primary supervised by Jigawa State Governor Abubakar Babaru, Abraham challenged the governor’s emergence as the APC flag bearer for the 2016 poll, urging the court to declare him the winner of the primary.
The notice was served on concerned parties by the court presided over by Justice Nnamdi Dimgba in Abuja.
The commencement of the suit followed the verdict of the Supreme Court that Akeredolu’s appeal was without merit and could not stop the case from being heard at the High Court.
Abraham had approached the court to be declared the winner of the APC primary and subsequently sworn in to replace Akeredolu as governor.
Akeredolu, Abraham trade words
Meanwhile, Abraham’s camp has alleged a plot to either challenge the jurisdiction of the court to hear the case or blackmail the judge by requesting that the case is assigned to another judge.
Reacting to the allegation, the APC Publicity Secretary, Abayomi Adesanya and Director of Media and Publicity, Steve Otaloro, described the allegation as a fabrication, saying that Akeredolu cannot manipulate any judgment because the case favours him.
Otaloro said: “They are crying wolf where there is none. They should have confidence in the judiciary. They should not be jittery.
“Akeredolu is an activist and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria. He upholds the rule of law. It is unfortunate that Nigerians are insulting our judiciary by coming up with this frivolous allegation. Whether anyone believe it or not, our judiciary remains one of the best in the world. The camp of Abraham is jittery because all of them know the matter they took to court is only awaiting official nullification because it lacks substance.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Ribadu joins race for Adamawa State House
- Why Skye Bank license was revoked- CBN
- Face Of Man Who Deliberately Infected His 2 Girlfriends With HIV
- I'm Not Endosing Anybody, Don't Waste Time Coming To Beg Me - Tinubu speaks
- 2019: Why Kwankwaso Can Defeat Buhari – Fani-Kayode
- Dancing Senator Adeleke Wins His Polling Unit In Osun Election
- Deadly Cultist who Killed Corper at ATM Point Finally Arrested
- Osun poll: APC, PDP trade blames over allegations of vote-buying
- Osun Decides 2018: Results Are Showing No Clear Winner
- No Whistle-Blower Will Get 5% Of Our Money – NNPC
- Old Woman Faints While Casting Vote In Osun Election
- Let’s Not Push Our Luck & Destroy Nigeria - Abdulsalami Warns
- Ambode: Loyal Supporters Begin Serious Prayer
- Abdusalami says he hates certain politicians warming up for 2019
- Osun Election: APC Candidate, Gboyega Oyetola Casts His Vote
- Amaechi Reacts: Abe conspiring with Wike to pull me down
- NYSC Replies Minister Adebayo Shittu: "You Have No Excuse"
- ADC Governorship Candidate Cast His Vote In Osun Election
- FRSC Officials Beg As Mob Beats Them For "Causing" Accident
- Osun Election: Cadet Claiming To Be INEC Official Nabbed
- Atiku, Saraki, others divide PDP BoT
- PDP agent arrested for buying votes in Adeleke’s LGA
- Osun Election Photos: PDP's Adeleke Casts His Vote
- Pastor Goes Into Hiding After He Was Shot In Port Harcourt
- "How Big Politician R*ped Me In Hotel' - Nigerian Lady Cries
- Rivers State Overtakes Lagos As Top Investment Destination
- Man Shot In The Head, Dies During Shoot-out In APC Secretariat
- Tambuwal: Buhari now desperate to perpetuate self in power
- Police Arrest Drver For Allegedly Killing Professor
- Lai Mohammed Replies PDP: You're Now Panic Mode
- S*x, Alcohol, Hard Drugs: Revelations On Life In NYSC Camps
- Minimum Wage: FG Makes New Promises Over NLC Ultimatum
- Jimi Agbaje; Time to Free Lagos State is Now
- "Ambode Will Get PDP Form From Me, I'll Sell My House & Buy it"
- Mother of 7 Runs Out N*ked During S*x With Man, Dies Openly... family suspects ritual (photo)
- PDP Raises Alarm: 9 APC Governors In Osun To Rig Election
- White Man Crushed To Death On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Due To High Speed
- 2019: Tension In APC, Senators To Decamp As Oshiomhole Back Governors for Indirect Primary
- Man In Trouble As Lagos Runs Girl He Slept With Escaped With His Boss N5m SUV
- LAGOS 2019: Ambode, Tinubu Meeting Today For "Last" Chance