By Dapo Akinrefon
AS hearing in the suit by an All Progressives Congress, APC, governorship aspirant, Dr. Segun Abraham against Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, SAN, commences, on Wednesday, at the Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, APC members in the camps of Akeredolu and Abraham engaged in a war of words over alleged plans to either delay or truncate the case by resorting to technicalities.
While Aderedolu was declared the winner at the primary supervised by Jigawa State Governor Abubakar Babaru, Abraham challenged the governor’s emergence as the APC flag bearer for the 2016 poll, urging the court to declare him the winner of the primary.
The notice was served on concerned parties by the court presided over by Justice Nnamdi Dimgba in Abuja.
The commencement of the suit followed the verdict of the Supreme Court that Akeredolu’s appeal was without merit and could not stop the case from being heard at the High Court.
Abraham had approached the court to be declared the winner of the APC primary and subsequently sworn in to replace Akeredolu as governor.
Akeredolu, Abraham trade words
Meanwhile, Abraham’s camp has alleged a plot to either challenge the jurisdiction of the court to hear the case or blackmail the judge by requesting that the case is assigned to another judge.
Reacting to the allegation, the APC Publicity Secretary, Abayomi Adesanya and Director of Media and Publicity, Steve Otaloro, described the allegation as a fabrication, saying that Akeredolu cannot manipulate any judgment because the case favours him.
Otaloro said: “They are crying wolf where there is none. They should have confidence in the judiciary. They should not be jittery.
“Akeredolu is an activist and a Senior Advocate of Nigeria. He upholds the rule of law. It is unfortunate that Nigerians are insulting our judiciary by coming up with this frivolous allegation. Whether anyone believe it or not, our judiciary remains one of the best in the world. The camp of Abraham is jittery because all of them know the matter they took to court is only awaiting official nullification because it lacks substance.”
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Luiz keen on Chelsea’s stay
- Oil marketers dare FG, shut down depots
- Christianity under siege in China
- Oil marketers suspend strike, gives FG 5-day grace
- Banks spend N555bn in nine months for customers’ relations
- Govenor Amosun in urgent meeting with Buhari
- Access Bank bags CBN’s Award
- 2019 Election: Senate declares public hearing on vote-buying
- AMCON says asset management partners to help recover N740bn
- DMO enlists support of sub-national entities in managing Nigeria’s rising public debt
- Brilliant Nigerian Lady Abisoye Wins CNN Heroes Awards 2018
- Sharing Trader Moni Weeks To Election Is Vote Buying - Dogara
- EFCC Reveals Why They Raided Atiku's Sons Apartment
- Nigeria's GDP Rises To 1.81% In Third Quarter, After Falling From 7% Since 2016
- Offa robbery: Police debunks report on missing stolen money
- 2019: Buhari’s arrests Sowore’s supporters
- 2019: Buhari’s arrests Sowore’s supporters
- Riverplate Clinch Copa Libertadores After Edging Out Boca
- FIFA & France Sign Agreement on African Football
- Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Him - Jimi Agbaje
- Seriously? Human Bones Found Buried in Front of Popular Hotel in Lagos
- See Actor Gideon Okeke Getting His Lips Stitched After Being Brutalized By Policemen In Lagos
- I Was Aspiring To Be Chief Of Staff But God Turned The Table Around - Sanwo-Olu
- Atiku's Sons Apartment Raided By EFCC In Abuja
- Senator kicks against overriding Buhari’s veto
- Buhari constitutes committee on state’s judiciary autonomy
- Woman Brutally Attacked by Robbers on Her Way from Church in Rivers (Photos)
- True Story Of Metele Attacks - Surviving Soldier Reveals What Really Happened
- Money Rituals: Man Who Asked For Human Head Busted
- Winners Members Narrowly Escape Death While Returning From Shiloh (Photos)
- Buhari Worried over 2019, to Meet APC Governors, Oshiomhole
- Shell MD Escapes Prison As Appeal Court Nullifies Sentence
- Bishop Oyedepo: 2019 Will Be Peaceful, There Will Be Change For The Better
- Stop Sealing Suspects’ Assets & Render Them Useless - Falana tells EFCC
- 2019: T.Y. Danjuma's Group Meets Today To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate
- We Will Not Allow Saraki Humiliate Buhari On Electoral Bill - APC Senators Vow
- Trouble: Oil Marketers To Shut Down All Loading Operations By Midnight
- Akpabio: I Brought Emmanuel Udom From Lagos & Made Him Governor
- See What Armed Robbers Did To This Lady In A Bus (Photos)
- 2019: Obasanjo Slams Buhari