By John Mkom
Jalingo—CHAIRMAN of Taraba State Council of Chiefs, the Aku Uka of Wukari, Dr. Shekarau Angyu Masa Ibi, Kuvyo II, yesterday, said Nigerians have lost confidence in the Military following alleged connivance with herdsmen and other bandits to unleash mayhem on innocent citizens.
Dr. Ibi spoke when he received the Army Probe Panel investigating allegations of military collusion with armed bandits in Taraba and other parts of the country.
The monarch, who thanked the military leadership for setting up the panel, noted that “it is a known fact that Nigerians have lost confidence in the military in spite of their track records of successful peace missions in other parts of the world.
“I want to remind members of the panel that Nigerians, who are crying for justice, are expecting much from you. Nigerians expect you to be just and fair in your assignment and only a fair, just and transparent report of your panel can restore the lost image of the military.”
Traditional Council’s stance
Presenting the position of Wukari Traditional Council before the panel, the Adviser to Aku Uka on Media and Legal Affairs, Danjuma Adamu, said the expectations of the people of the area from Exercise Ayem Akpatuma had not been met, as attacks and killings were still ongoing.
Chairman of Wukari Local Government, Daniel Adi, in his submission, enjoined the panel to check with the Police Area Command in Wukari for some of the case files involving military personnel in aiding movements of the attackers.
Earlier, Chairman of the Probe Panel, Maj. Gen. Joseph Nimyel (retd), sympathised with the Aku Uka over the loss of lives and destruction of properties as a result of series of crises in the area.
He informed the monarch that they were in the state as an independent panel to investigate allegations of collusion levelled against the Military.
Nimyel added that the panel will report its findings to Army Headquarters in Abuja, Taraba State Government and Federal Government with a view to helping the authorities in their future dealings.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Two Sisters Caught Trying To Smuggle Tramadol, Igbo Into Prison In Abuja
- APC Leaders Will Be Thrown Into Hell If Their Records Are Checked - Obasanjo
- DAILY INSPIRATION FOR POSITIVE LIVING
- House of Reps reject committee report sympathising with Atiku’s company
- Falana supports Obasanjo
- Shehu Sani tells Nigerians to look at the message of Obasanjo, not the messenger
- Feb: NOA raises red flags in 2 states in southeast, 1 in southwest, southsouth, northcentral each
- Respect rule of law, Osun APC tells Obasanjo
- LASUTH doctors begin strike Jan. 28
- Housewife allegedly beaten to death in Ondo
- Cardiff record signing Sala, on board missing plane says French authorities
- Prophet lynched in Ekiti for eating human faeces with bread
- Retired policeman claims 14-year old as his wife
- Barca completes shock Boateng move
- PDP federal lawmaker defects to APC
- Govt. Shut Down: U.S senate bows under Trump pressure
- Police confiscate 13 houses, 10 cars of kidnapper Collins Ezenwa known as E-Money
- How Trump’s friend facilitated Atiku’s trip to US
- Minimum wage: Council of State approves N30000 for Fed. workers
- Man goes berserk, kills wife, children, 4 others
- High court grants Elzakzaky, wife, access to medical services, adjourns to March 25
- Oshiomhole rubbishes OBJ, Atiku
- Popular Singer buys JAMB forms for 30 students
- ECOWAS, others sets to eliminate child marriage in West Africa
- Obasanjo Laughs With Buhari In Aso Rock Today
- The last of Awo’s cavalrymen
- Obasanjo on new offensive against Buhari
- Investors lose N102bn as NSE All Shares Index declines
- Why 2019 elections will be impossible to rig – INEC
- Again, House of Reps steps down second reading of 2019 Appropriation Bill
- Senate adjourns plenary over absence of Lawmakers
- Barcelona confirm Kevin-Prince Boateng signing
- PSG ordered to include Rabiot in first-team training
- NFF can’t force me to release election forms- Taraba FA Chairman boasts
- 2019: Buhari meets Obasanjo, others at Aso Rock
- Drama As Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode's 2019 Budget
- Rivers APC Case: Supreme Court's Position
- Story Of UNILAG Graduate Turned Suspected Serial R*pist
- Dino Melaye Shares First Picture After Release From Custody
- Faces Of Car-snatching Syndicate Busted By The Police