By John Mkom
Jalingo—CHAIRMAN of Taraba State Council of Chiefs, the Aku Uka of Wukari, Dr. Shekarau Angyu Masa Ibi, Kuvyo II, yesterday, said Nigerians have lost confidence in the Military following alleged connivance with herdsmen and other bandits to unleash mayhem on innocent citizens.
Dr. Ibi spoke when he received the Army Probe Panel investigating allegations of military collusion with armed bandits in Taraba and other parts of the country.
The monarch, who thanked the military leadership for setting up the panel, noted that “it is a known fact that Nigerians have lost confidence in the military in spite of their track records of successful peace missions in other parts of the world.
“I want to remind members of the panel that Nigerians, who are crying for justice, are expecting much from you. Nigerians expect you to be just and fair in your assignment and only a fair, just and transparent report of your panel can restore the lost image of the military.”
Traditional Council’s stance
Presenting the position of Wukari Traditional Council before the panel, the Adviser to Aku Uka on Media and Legal Affairs, Danjuma Adamu, said the expectations of the people of the area from Exercise Ayem Akpatuma had not been met, as attacks and killings were still ongoing.
Chairman of Wukari Local Government, Daniel Adi, in his submission, enjoined the panel to check with the Police Area Command in Wukari for some of the case files involving military personnel in aiding movements of the attackers.
Earlier, Chairman of the Probe Panel, Maj. Gen. Joseph Nimyel (retd), sympathised with the Aku Uka over the loss of lives and destruction of properties as a result of series of crises in the area.
He informed the monarch that they were in the state as an independent panel to investigate allegations of collusion levelled against the Military.
Nimyel added that the panel will report its findings to Army Headquarters in Abuja, Taraba State Government and Federal Government with a view to helping the authorities in their future dealings.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Djinee recovers from serious auto crash
- Secret of Ighalo’s goal scoring form
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Atiku Commiserates With Abia Pipeline Explosion Victims, Donates N10million
- Assassination? Innoson Chairman Lawyer Shot 3 Times (Pics)
- Akpabio Warns Saraki: Resign Now Or We Force You Out
- EFCC To Detain Fayose For 2 More Weeks... he's suing them
- Presidency Threatens Labour: Henceforth, No Work, No Pay If You Go On Strike
- APC Headquarters Sets For Showdown With INEC Today
- Notorious Ritual Agents Who Dig Out Corpses Nabbed
- "I No Gree"; Gov Amosun Rejects Abiodun As APC Candidate
- Ohanaeze Endorses Peter Obi As Atiku's VP
- Fayose – 1, EFCC – 0: The Saga Continues
- Bribe Video: Ganduje's Commissioner Defends Him, Says They Do It In Abuja and Other States
- Mama Taraba Strips APC Office, Retrieves Items She Donated
- Fayemi Lacks Integrity To Say The Truth – Fayose
- Illicit bank charges: senate takes action
- Ekiti: Fayemi abolishes levy, declares free education
- Rohr speaks on Super Eagles performance
- ” I will blame Rohr for Uzoho’s blunders”
- ‘ Even Messi would struggle at Man Utd ‘
- Ghana 2018: Dennerby invites Oshoala, Oparanozie, Nnadozie, 45 others to camp
- Mama Taraba busts APC office, recovers all she bought for party
- Atiku: The Opposition Candidate Gaining Momentum In Nigeria 2019 Election Race
- Group faults Atiku, Buhari emergence
- CR7 ,Zidane exits stun Real Madrid star Modric
- Vincent Kompany’s father becomes Belgium’s first black mayor
- Lawan, Akpabio, others in stir bedlam in Senate
- Atiku: 40% Of My Cabinet Will Be Women and Youths
- New Ekiti State Governor Fayemi Declares Free Education
- Pre-wedding Photos Of A Nigerian Couple Who Love Football
- Student centered learning- not focusing on tests
- Italy in the maelstrom of the euro
- Canada legalises Marijuana
- IITA floats five-year plan to raise Nigeria’s cocoa productivity
- House of Rep downsizes Ministerial Cabinet
- NPA has no hand in delay of cargo clearance, says NPA boss
- Nigerian Army to battle cyber-attack-Chief of Army Staff
- Saraki & Akpabio Clash: Senate In Rowdy Session
- Fayose Dares EFCC: If You Have Any Case Let's Go To Court