Gov. Godwin Obaseki of Edo on Monday said his administration was committed to strengthening the state judicial system for optimal service delivery and sustenance of the democratic process.
They are; Mrs Orobosa Omotoso and Mr Terry Momodu.
The governor said, “We have realised that without an effective judicial system, it will be impossible to practice our democracy and we are proud of the reputation of the entire judiciary in the Edo.
“We constantly celebrate the fact that at a certain time when allegations were being regularly made regarding judges, our judiciary remains well respected and scandal free,” he said.
He said that he hoped the new justices would perform their duties judiciously at all times and build on the legacy left behind by their predecessors.
Justice Omotoso, who responded on behalf of her colleague commended the governor for his administration’s resolve to reposition the state judicial system.
Omotosho pledged that she and her colleague would be committed to their duties.
Mrs Omotoso, born in 1967, was called to the Bar in 1989 while Momodu, who was born 1967 was called to bar in 1991.(NAN)
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Melaye not been fed for 48 hrs; police, hospital management, volunteers refuse to help
- Police boss ignores Senate invitation; follows Buhari on state visit
- Senators rally House to impeach Buhari
- Access Bank profits plunges in Q1 of 2018
- Performing a monologue before V.P Osinbajo remains remarkable for me – Anyaduba
- How to Rest in God and Overcome Challenges
- FAAC cancels meeting over poor revenue returns by NNPC
- Shareholders commend Access Bank’s consistent dividend payout
- U.S Consulate spearheads human rights campaign
- ANAP queries FG over concession of airports
- Sale of UK subsidiary will not disrupt services, says Diamond Bank
- Melaye laments plights in police custody
- ISIS, not herdsmen responsible for killings – Doyin Okupe
- Policeman kills motorcyclist over N50 bribe
- Seafarers kicks over Marine Police extortion at sea
- Half of Nigeria-bound vehicles discharged in Cotonou port, says PTML
- Dear Buhari, what if the youths are lazy and entitled?
- TRAGIC! Man Who Survived Helicopter Crash Gets Sliced To Death During Rescue By Another Chopper
- Presidency Reacts To House of Reps Summoning Buhari
- PHOTO: Sick Nigerian Women Receiving Drip Under A Tree
- Lagos Govt. Approves Murder Trial of Husband of Lady Killed In Banana Island
- Protest In Senate Over Buhari’s Withdrawal of $496m Without Approval
- Subsidy increasing as rising oil price pushes petrol landing cost higher
- Here Are Ways To Whiten Your Teeth
- Outrage as gunmen kill more people in Benue State
- Dino Melaye In Handcuffs, His Arrest Forces Senate Shutdown
- Buhari To Be Summoned By House of Reps As Herdsmen Killings Gets Out of Control
- N322m 'Fraud': Delta Senator To Spend 2 Days In Prison
- Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Project: N64B Has Been Approved
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Buhari, south-south chairmen in collusion to ensure Tinubu’s ally eases out APC chairman Oyegun
- Banks refund N654m excess charges on FAAC accounts
- Too Much Killings: Reps Call For Sack Of Service Chiefs, Pass Vote Of No Confidence
- Life and times of Pa Ibidapo
- Customs have reduced smuggling on waterways – Comptroller
- Police hand-cuffs Sen. Melaye on sick bed, bars Saraki, others from visit
- MTN proposes $500m IPO – SEC
- DPR to shut down unlicensed petrol stations
- Buhari strengthens alliance with Tinubu
- Why we think Wenger was forced to resign