Gov. Godwin Obaseki of Edo on Monday said his administration was committed to strengthening the state judicial system for optimal service delivery and sustenance of the democratic process.
They are; Mrs Orobosa Omotoso and Mr Terry Momodu.
The governor said, “We have realised that without an effective judicial system, it will be impossible to practice our democracy and we are proud of the reputation of the entire judiciary in the Edo.
“We constantly celebrate the fact that at a certain time when allegations were being regularly made regarding judges, our judiciary remains well respected and scandal free,” he said.
He said that he hoped the new justices would perform their duties judiciously at all times and build on the legacy left behind by their predecessors.
Justice Omotoso, who responded on behalf of her colleague commended the governor for his administration’s resolve to reposition the state judicial system.
Omotosho pledged that she and her colleague would be committed to their duties.
Mrs Omotoso, born in 1967, was called to the Bar in 1989 while Momodu, who was born 1967 was called to bar in 1991.(NAN)
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Prince Oladimeji charges Kwara United to win 2018 Aiteo Cup
- Maigari concedes defeat to Pinnick in NFF presidential election
- NBS to spend $3.5m on poverty statistics survey
- Delta Air to launch first biometric terminal in the U.S
- FG abolishes payment of Overstay fees by dual citizens
- Polaris Bank takes over distressed Skye Bank assets
- NNPC faults Police over funds discovered in Banks
- Abubakar cautions politicians against disrupting 2019 poll
- Why I want Buhari out in 2019- Tambuwal
- Woman In Pain As Doctors Find 'Dead Tortoise' In Her Privates
- Beautiful Pics Of The New Terminal Of Port Harcourt Airport
- Two Men Fight Over Who'll Sit At Front Seat Of A Bus In Lagos
- BREAKING: CBN Revokes Skye Bank’s License
- Yahoo Boy Weeps Profusely After Being Arrested With Others
- Offa Bank Robbery: Security guard caught raking up customers’ monies
- Belgium,France make FIFA ranking history
- CR7 set to be cleared to face Man United
- Nasarawa United Chairman hails credible, fair NFF election
- Nigeria ex-footballer,Indian wife arrested for Fraud
- WBA Champion’s title defence cancelled
- World Bank predicts waste growth in Africa
- Messi hits new personal best for Barcelona
- Barcelona player ratings against PSV from big 4-0 win
- Federer: You can’t prepare to play Nadal
- 'I Rather Die Than Be R*ped' - Pretty Lady Injured By A "R*pist"
- Okorocha's 56th Birthday Celebration (Photos)
- Pilot Sentenced To 15-Year-Jail Term For Forgery In Lagos
- Why PDP Lost In 2015 But Will Win In 2019 – Kwankwaso
- How People React To Adebayo Shittu Skipping NYSC
- Okonjo-Iweala commiseates with Nigeria over flood disaster
- 'Have We Ever Met Before'? - Buhari Asks New DG Of DSS During Meeting
- Blood Flows As Oro Worshippers and Muslims Clash In Oyo State (Graphic Photos)
- "Certificate Forgery": I Won't Resign - Buhari's Aide, Obono-Obla
- Man's Manhood 'Disappears' After Taking Money From Rich Man In Lagos (Photo)
- No Actress Dares Offer Me S*x For Movie Role - Kunle Afolayan
- Pastor Allegedly Abandons Wife In Canada, Returns To Nigeria To Marry Lady He Called His Sister
- Dollar slumps amidst monetary tightening plans
- Trade war: Trump’s strong-arm tactics with China slipping
- Local airline operators lament loses over failed national carrier
- Woman Cries After She Was Battered By Soldiers In Lagos