Gov. Godwin Obaseki of Edo on Monday said his administration was committed to strengthening the state judicial system for optimal service delivery and sustenance of the democratic process.
They are; Mrs Orobosa Omotoso and Mr Terry Momodu.
The governor said, “We have realised that without an effective judicial system, it will be impossible to practice our democracy and we are proud of the reputation of the entire judiciary in the Edo.
“We constantly celebrate the fact that at a certain time when allegations were being regularly made regarding judges, our judiciary remains well respected and scandal free,” he said.
He said that he hoped the new justices would perform their duties judiciously at all times and build on the legacy left behind by their predecessors.
Justice Omotoso, who responded on behalf of her colleague commended the governor for his administration’s resolve to reposition the state judicial system.
Omotosho pledged that she and her colleague would be committed to their duties.
Mrs Omotoso, born in 1967, was called to the Bar in 1989 while Momodu, who was born 1967 was called to bar in 1991.(NAN)
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Saraki Reacts To Fayemi's Victory In Ekiti Governorship Election
- PDP governor differs with colleagues, party on Fayemi victory
- Lawmaker arrested for arming suspects with pump-action guns
- Flying Eagles return, set to conquer ‘tough’ Mauritanians
- Croatia coach attributes success in Russia to holy rosary
- Onyekuru completes Galatasaray loan switch
- There is crisis in NFF —Dalung
- Delta Stars take on Go-Round in Mid-season Club Friendly
- NBBF calls 28 players for World cup Camp in Atlanta
- Anbode rescues stranded Nigerians in Russia
- Why the nose dive of Nigeria players playing big time Football
- “FIFA won’t invoke its Statutes in Nigeria if there was no interference”
- Ekiti: Atiku cautions PDP, Fayose supporters
- President Buhari Reacts To Fayemi's Victory In Ekiti Election
- SCARY! Gunmen Ambush & Kill Policemen At A Checkpoint In Edo, Set Them On Fire
- VP Osinbajo Celebrates His Wife With Sweet Words
- Woman Robbed & Killed While Going Home At Night (Photos)
- Ekiti Governor-Elect Fayemi Reacts, Makes New Promises
- "We Were Chained Together & Covered With Tarpaulin For 10 Days" - Kidnapped Reverend Sisters
- Breaking: Chris Okotie seeks APC, PDP mandate to lead Nigeria
- Footballer Obafemi Martins Shows Off His New House n Lagos
- PDP Rejects Ekiti Election Outcome, Says Results Were Concocted By APC And INEC
- NYSC fake certificate scandal: Buhari denies holding meeting with Bakare, Adeosun
- Political torments in Ekiti: NBC shuts Ekiti Broadcasting Service indefinitely
- Ekiti: Fayemi wins as PDP calls for annulment
- Ekiti: Unbelievable but true, story behind election result
- Boy With Windswept Legs Overjoyed After Undergoing Surgery To Correct Deformity
- Flood Destroys Property In Ogun State, Over 10 Persons Killed
- INEC Declares APC's Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Election
- Lagos House of Assembly Member Arrested Over Guns Found With 'Criminals'
- Notorious Kidnappers Arrested During Ransom In Delta
- Update on Adeosun’s fake certificate scandal: Controversial certificate not issued by NYSC – former DG
- 5 Key Considerations For Purchasing A New Smartphone
- Dino Melaye Thanks Goodluck Jonathan For Completing 85% Of Abuja Light Rail
- Loaded Car Plunges Into River After Somersaulting 3 Times
- Ekiti Election: APC Candidate Fayemi Wins (Full Details)
- Boyfriend Used Charms On My Daughter – Ex-Ondo Deputy Gov
- Ekiti TV, Radio Shut By NBC After Fayose Announced Results
- Obasanjo Agrees To Lead Coalition To Defeat Buhari In 2019
- PRAYER FOR TODAY