– Andres Iniesta will most likely join an unnamed Chinese Super League outfit at the end of this season
– He will sell more than two million bottles of win in that region as part of the deal to quit the Barcelona when this season ends next month
– He has led the Catalan club to four Champions League titles amongst other European and domestic titles
Barcelona legend Andres Iniesta has reportedly concluded plans to join an unnamed Chinese Super League outfit at the end of this season.
As part of the deal, the 33-year-old star has also been assured that he will be able to sell over two million bottles of wine when he joins them this summer.
The Spaniard has played all of his career at the Catalan club, and he is about to lead them to another double this season having crashed out of the Champions League in the quarterfinal stage last week.
According to Marca, Bodega Iniesta which was established in 2010 by his grandfather is being sold from the tiny region of Fuentealbilla, the area Iniesta was born, with Corazon Loco his most famous label.
The publication also revealed that that his Barcelona team-mates are aware of this development, but it will have to be made official before April 30.
After spending six years at the Barcelona academy, he made his senior debut for the club in 2002 and became a key member of the team since then.
Iniesta posing beside his family business
Iniesta is not known for scoring goals but his creativity in the midfield of his team has been instrumental to his teammates scoring so goals in their games.
Between then and now, he has featured in over 435 matches in all competitions with 35 goals to his credit, but his trophy haul over the seasons speaks volume of his expertise.
He has won four UEFA Champions League and eight La Liga titles in his career alongside several other European and domestic trophies.
However, Brazil star, Philippe Coutinho is said to have been brought in as a long-term replacement for the 33-year-old, who can no longer function at the level he used to in time past.
Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta medeling his product
He was said to have been criticized after Barcelona’s disappointing 3- defeat to Roma which saw Barcelona crash out of the Champions League.
In 2010, the attacking midfielder scored the wiining goal that won the FIFA World Cup title for his Spanish national team in South Africa.
Meanwhile, Iniesta was made the face of the family’s wine business, which was established by his grandfather Jose Antonio. The vineyard is based near Albacete, a two-hour drive from Valencia, and produces about a million bottles a year.
The wines are sold in more than 33 countries, and Bodega Iniesta export a range of red, whites and sparkling wines. In the UK they sell for between £6.50 and £17.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Why Jonathan Was A Better President Than Buhari - Dino Melaye
- Lagos To Shut Down Third Mainland Bridge This Week (Details)
- Giwa didn’t win any election— Jones-Ere
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd manager says Man City ‘cannot buy class’
- Lionel Messi’s brother sentenced for possessing illegal firearm.
- D’Tigress bury hatchet; focus on World Cup preparation
- Lawmaker calls for NASS budget probe under Saraki
- Doctor convicted of sexual assault of patient gets probation
- Defection: Tambuwal govt in disarray as oath taking scatters administration
- Nigerian top runner hails Lagos Media Marathon
- EFCC opens fresh probe of Saraki
- 2019: PDP at crossroads
- Nigeria envoy wants citizens banned from Saudi Arabia
- Nigeria’s economy still struggling, says expert
- House deputy Speaker fumes, states position on defection from APC
- Yinka Ayefele’s FM Continues Broadcasting Despite Demolition
- See How A Female Soldier Brutalize Her Househelp In Lagos
- FIFA Ban : Who can save Nigeria from herself ?
- Oyo state government demolishes Yinka Ayefele’s radio station
- FCMB staff abscond with N500m customers’ deposits
- Buhari writes to NASS, threatens to jail anybody found corrupt
- Buhari’s Kinsmen Pressurising Him To Reinstate Sacked Daura — Junaid Mohammed
- Police Headquarters To Conduct Psychiatric Test On SARS
- Craziest thing I’ve done was slapping my father – Femi Adebayo
- Killer Herdsmen Engage Soldiers In Heavy Shoot Out
- PHOTOS: Yinka Ayefele's Building Demolished By Oyo Government
- Okorocha Facing Tough Times In Bid For His Son-in-Law
- I am not happy taking key players to foreign clubs –Coach Boboye
- I want NPFL to kick off —Coach Fidelis
- Kada City James Joseph, 3 others jet out for trials in Dubai, Turkey
- Club owners , others storm Imo for Heartland FC boss
- Wilder ready for Fury this year
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Top Tips For Pregnant Travellers
- Female Presidential aspirant, Eunice Atuejide suspended by party over "corruption"
- Nigerian Who Escaped Death Penalty In Malaysia, Re-Arrested
- Sad Tales Of Delta Schoolgirls Lured Into Pros-titution In Lagos
- Buhari Returns To Aso Rock, Moves To Take Action On Daura
- Where there are women, there will be evil – Actress Liz Anjorin
- Saraki, Dogara Plan Joint Session To Avert Impeachment?