– Andres Iniesta will most likely join an unnamed Chinese Super League outfit at the end of this season
– He will sell more than two million bottles of win in that region as part of the deal to quit the Barcelona when this season ends next month
– He has led the Catalan club to four Champions League titles amongst other European and domestic titles
Barcelona legend Andres Iniesta has reportedly concluded plans to join an unnamed Chinese Super League outfit at the end of this season.
As part of the deal, the 33-year-old star has also been assured that he will be able to sell over two million bottles of wine when he joins them this summer.
The Spaniard has played all of his career at the Catalan club, and he is about to lead them to another double this season having crashed out of the Champions League in the quarterfinal stage last week.
According to Marca, Bodega Iniesta which was established in 2010 by his grandfather is being sold from the tiny region of Fuentealbilla, the area Iniesta was born, with Corazon Loco his most famous label.
The publication also revealed that that his Barcelona team-mates are aware of this development, but it will have to be made official before April 30.
After spending six years at the Barcelona academy, he made his senior debut for the club in 2002 and became a key member of the team since then.
Iniesta posing beside his family business
Iniesta is not known for scoring goals but his creativity in the midfield of his team has been instrumental to his teammates scoring so goals in their games.
Between then and now, he has featured in over 435 matches in all competitions with 35 goals to his credit, but his trophy haul over the seasons speaks volume of his expertise.
He has won four UEFA Champions League and eight La Liga titles in his career alongside several other European and domestic trophies.
However, Brazil star, Philippe Coutinho is said to have been brought in as a long-term replacement for the 33-year-old, who can no longer function at the level he used to in time past.
Barcelona captain Andres Iniesta medeling his product
He was said to have been criticized after Barcelona’s disappointing 3- defeat to Roma which saw Barcelona crash out of the Champions League.
In 2010, the attacking midfielder scored the wiining goal that won the FIFA World Cup title for his Spanish national team in South Africa.
Meanwhile, Iniesta was made the face of the family’s wine business, which was established by his grandfather Jose Antonio. The vineyard is based near Albacete, a two-hour drive from Valencia, and produces about a million bottles a year.
The wines are sold in more than 33 countries, and Bodega Iniesta export a range of red, whites and sparkling wines. In the UK they sell for between £6.50 and £17.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Balogun joins English Premier League Club Brighton
- Casey Stoney set to manage Manchester United
- Highest goal scorer won’t sign Bulgaria FC
- NFF, LMC sign deals
- MTN Invests $1.8b in Telecoms Infrastructure in Nigeria
- Tourism, Lagos untapped goldmine – Lagos Speaker
- FAAC shares N701bn as ECA hits $1.911bn
- Oil slips further below $80 on talk of easing output curbs
- Court awards N10 million Damages against Zenith Bank
- Ekiti Deputy Speaker, Chief Whip impeached, replaced
- Calls, data hike hit telecom market
- Prof Akindele was my mentor, says OAU sex-for-mark victim
- Peace Corps bill dead finally
- Banks express reservations over 9Mobile viability
- Police React To Video Of Policeman Assaulting A Lady In Delta
- Giant predatory worms invade France
- OPEC may ease oil supply in June
- Ekiti: Tension in Fayose’s camp as lawmakers, commisioners dump PDP
- Insecurity: Senate gives security chiefs 2 weeks to present budget
- Imprisoned Sen. Jang got bail
- Director refutes reports of workers strike in Federal Ministry of Finance
- APC crisis worsens: Bauchi Deputy Governor quits office
- Ambode awards scholarship, N5m cash reward to best graduating LASU student
- Israel tells EU to go to hell over criticism
- NNPC eyes downstream market share by 2020
- Presidency dismisses Amnesty International indictment
- Ebola: WHO expects worst as epidemic about to spread across Africa, world
- Breaking: Buhari brings back former IGP
- Policeman Beats Up Lady For Refusing To Allow Him Search Her
- Names Of 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria Released By NUC
- Re: $16 billion on Power Project: Obasanjo disbursed only $3.7bn – Panel
- NASS fails to transmit 2018 Budget to Buhari – Udo Udoma
- JAF, Labour hold summit on political alternative in Nigeria
- Cultist sells “wasted” victim’s hands for most ridiculous amount
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Things You Should Know About Travelling Abroad
- E-Money's 10 Luxury Vehicles Impounded Over N6M Import Duty
- Notorious Robber Begs For His Life After Being Caught In Delta
- Meet Airport Cleaner Who Returned $6,000 She Found In Toilet
- Shekarau Arrested By EFCC Over N950m Fraud, To Be Arraigned With Others