Nine people were killed in floods in the Tanzanian city of Dar es Salaam, officials said on Monday.
Downpours, common during the East African country’s rainy season, caused the flooding, which badly damaged infrastructure, said Dar es Salaam police official, Lazaro Mambosasa.
Major roads were flooded, causing the city’s bus system to suspend services, and at least 20 houses in low-lying areas were also swept away.
Residents of the city were urged to remain vigilant as heavy rains were expected to continue over the next few days.
FOREX, BITCOIN and BINARY TRADING EXPERT:
We guarantee 37% Bi-weekly profit by professionally trading your forex, cryptocurrency,binary accounts for you.WhatsApp:+2348030797998.
click here for details.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- 5 Ways To Identify Quality Ankara
- PDP Replies Buhari: Nigerian Youths Are Not Lazy
- Update On Senate Invasion & Mace Theft Saga
- Notorious Gang Leader, 20 Others Arrested
- Fayose, Obanikoro, Omisore Lose Over N2.2B; court freezes Fayose's accounts again
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Lagos completes 450 roads in three years
- Kidnapping: Evans‘ll not escape justice – Lagos Govt
- Lagos Waste: CSNAC asks EFCC to investigate ownership, operation of Visionscape
- Senate Mace Kidnap: When Nigeria lost 109 Senators in one swift terrorist attack
- EFCC about to sabotage own $1.6 bn suit against Omokore, others
- Osinbajo eulogizes Nigerian youths for great strides
- Lagos signs MoU to collate data of persons living with disabilities
- Court remands Buhari’s nominee in prison for alleged N182m fraud
- Shun purchase of pre-registered SIMs to avoid scammers, NCC warns
- Sterling Bank deepens investment culture, launches new mobile app
- AMBON set for official unveiling
- Access Bank increases ATM withdrawal limit abroad
- Mixed reaction trails Police recovery of stolen mace
- PDP in emergency meeting, may change name today
- Hotel owner, others arraigned in court over Offa bank robbery
- Saraki lauds colleagues, Reps for upholding democracy
- Appeal Court freezes Fayose’s accounts
- Reps back Adeosun over Gwarzo’s suspension
- Tension as military, police take over NASS
- Justice Abang speaks on Metuh’s sick-bed prank
- OC SARS commits suicide in Ogun
- Mace theft: Senate summons IGP, DG of SSS
- Police promotes Magu, 2 others
- Kirikiri prisoners enroll for PhD
- How 5 thugs beat 250 NASS guards to steal mace
- FG to criminalise abuse of local content policy
- When will our words match our actions
- Respect local content act on your Egina FPSO, IYC warns Total
- Retired SARS Boss Shoots Self Dead In His House
- S*x-For-Mark: OAU Lecturer Gets Indefinite Suspension
- Falana Reacts To Senator Omo-Agege Saga: "No Legislative House Can Suspend Member"
- Buhari’s nominee remanded in prison for alleged N182m fraud
- I'm Happy, My Twins Are Okay; says Otun Olubadan
- APC In Fresh Crisis Over Tenure Extension