The Police have said that the report of a post-mortem examination conducted on the late Nigerian singer, Zainab Nielsen, aka, Alizee, shows she died from trauma.
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Imohimi Edgal, at a press briefing on Monday said the trauma emanated from the injuries inflicted on her head.
Zainab and her three-year-old daughter, Petra, were allegedly murdered on April 5 by the singer’s Danish husband, Peter Nielsen, in their residence at Bellasta Towers, Banana Island, Ikoyi.
Peter, 53, was arrested and subsequently arraigned on two counts of murder last Thursday at a Yaba Chief Magistrate’s Court.
A police prosecutor, CSP Effiong Asuquo, had told the court, while tendering a remand application, that Peter hit his wife’s head on the wall, noting that she died from the injuries she sustained.
He added that the suspect poisoned their daughter afterwards and dragged their bodies to the kitchen.
Peter was remanded in Ikoyi prisons while the case file was forwarded to the Directorate of Public Prosecutions for legal advice.
Speaking to journalists on the case on Monday, Edgal said the autopsy on Zainab’s corpse and forensic report gathered from the scene of crime had shown more revelations.
He said, “The autospy report revealed that Mrs. Zainab Nielsen suffered trauma as a result of the impact on her head.
“Secondly, the forensic experts revealed that there were bloodstains from the couple’s bedroom to the kitchen.
“Even though they were cleverly wiped from the floor, they were still able to detect the stains with the application of special chemical reagents.
“In addition, bloodstains were also discovered on the wash hand basins and on the hand towel the suspect used in wiping his hands after the commission of the offence.
“Although it was cleverly cleaned up as well, the experts were able to discover that too.”
The CP said the Command would continue to update members of the public on the matter as more findings unfold.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Saraki Reacts To Fayemi's Victory In Ekiti Governorship Election
- PDP governor differs with colleagues, party on Fayemi victory
- Lawmaker arrested for arming suspects with pump-action guns
- Flying Eagles return, set to conquer ‘tough’ Mauritanians
- Croatia coach attributes success in Russia to holy rosary
- Onyekuru completes Galatasaray loan switch
- There is crisis in NFF —Dalung
- Delta Stars take on Go-Round in Mid-season Club Friendly
- NBBF calls 28 players for World cup Camp in Atlanta
- Anbode rescues stranded Nigerians in Russia
- Why the nose dive of Nigeria players playing big time Football
- “FIFA won’t invoke its Statutes in Nigeria if there was no interference”
- Ekiti: Atiku cautions PDP, Fayose supporters
- President Buhari Reacts To Fayemi's Victory In Ekiti Election
- SCARY! Gunmen Ambush & Kill Policemen At A Checkpoint In Edo, Set Them On Fire
- VP Osinbajo Celebrates His Wife With Sweet Words
- Woman Robbed & Killed While Going Home At Night (Photos)
- Ekiti Governor-Elect Fayemi Reacts, Makes New Promises
- "We Were Chained Together & Covered With Tarpaulin For 10 Days" - Kidnapped Reverend Sisters
- Breaking: Chris Okotie seeks APC, PDP mandate to lead Nigeria
- Footballer Obafemi Martins Shows Off His New House n Lagos
- PDP Rejects Ekiti Election Outcome, Says Results Were Concocted By APC And INEC
- NYSC fake certificate scandal: Buhari denies holding meeting with Bakare, Adeosun
- Political torments in Ekiti: NBC shuts Ekiti Broadcasting Service indefinitely
- Ekiti: Fayemi wins as PDP calls for annulment
- Ekiti: Unbelievable but true, story behind election result
- Boy With Windswept Legs Overjoyed After Undergoing Surgery To Correct Deformity
- Flood Destroys Property In Ogun State, Over 10 Persons Killed
- INEC Declares APC's Kayode Fayemi Winner Of Ekiti Election
- Lagos House of Assembly Member Arrested Over Guns Found With 'Criminals'
- Notorious Kidnappers Arrested During Ransom In Delta
- Update on Adeosun’s fake certificate scandal: Controversial certificate not issued by NYSC – former DG
- 5 Key Considerations For Purchasing A New Smartphone
- Dino Melaye Thanks Goodluck Jonathan For Completing 85% Of Abuja Light Rail
- Loaded Car Plunges Into River After Somersaulting 3 Times
- Ekiti Election: APC Candidate Fayemi Wins (Full Details)
- Boyfriend Used Charms On My Daughter – Ex-Ondo Deputy Gov
- Ekiti TV, Radio Shut By NBC After Fayose Announced Results
- Obasanjo Agrees To Lead Coalition To Defeat Buhari In 2019
- PRAYER FOR TODAY