The Police have said that the report of a post-mortem examination conducted on the late Nigerian singer, Zainab Nielsen, aka, Alizee, shows she died from trauma.
The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Imohimi Edgal, at a press briefing on Monday said the trauma emanated from the injuries inflicted on her head.
Zainab and her three-year-old daughter, Petra, were allegedly murdered on April 5 by the singer’s Danish husband, Peter Nielsen, in their residence at Bellasta Towers, Banana Island, Ikoyi.
Peter, 53, was arrested and subsequently arraigned on two counts of murder last Thursday at a Yaba Chief Magistrate’s Court.
A police prosecutor, CSP Effiong Asuquo, had told the court, while tendering a remand application, that Peter hit his wife’s head on the wall, noting that she died from the injuries she sustained.
He added that the suspect poisoned their daughter afterwards and dragged their bodies to the kitchen.
Peter was remanded in Ikoyi prisons while the case file was forwarded to the Directorate of Public Prosecutions for legal advice.
Speaking to journalists on the case on Monday, Edgal said the autopsy on Zainab’s corpse and forensic report gathered from the scene of crime had shown more revelations.
He said, “The autospy report revealed that Mrs. Zainab Nielsen suffered trauma as a result of the impact on her head.
“Secondly, the forensic experts revealed that there were bloodstains from the couple’s bedroom to the kitchen.
“Even though they were cleverly wiped from the floor, they were still able to detect the stains with the application of special chemical reagents.
“In addition, bloodstains were also discovered on the wash hand basins and on the hand towel the suspect used in wiping his hands after the commission of the offence.
“Although it was cleverly cleaned up as well, the experts were able to discover that too.”
The CP said the Command would continue to update members of the public on the matter as more findings unfold.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- I Weep For President Buhari, His Wife Has Cried Out Endlessly - Dele Momodu
- Check Out Emirates' 'Diamond-encrusted' Airplane Going Viral Online (Photos)
- Luiz keen on Chelsea’s stay
- Oil marketers dare FG, shut down depots
- Christianity under siege in China
- Oil marketers suspend strike, gives FG 5-day grace
- Banks spend N555bn in nine months for customers’ relations
- Govenor Amosun in urgent meeting with Buhari
- Access Bank bags CBN’s Award
- 2019 Election: Senate declares public hearing on vote-buying
- AMCON says asset management partners to help recover N740bn
- DMO enlists support of sub-national entities in managing Nigeria’s rising public debt
- Brilliant Nigerian Lady Abisoye Wins CNN Heroes Awards 2018
- Sharing Trader Moni Weeks To Election Is Vote Buying - Dogara
- EFCC Reveals Why They Raided Atiku's Sons Apartment
- Nigeria's GDP Rises To 1.81% In Third Quarter, After Falling From 7% Since 2016
- Offa robbery: Police debunks report on missing stolen money
- 2019: Buhari’s arrests Sowore’s supporters
- 2019: Buhari’s arrests Sowore’s supporters
- Riverplate Clinch Copa Libertadores After Edging Out Boca
- FIFA & France Sign Agreement on African Football
- Tinubu Is My Friend, But I'll Free Lagos From Him - Jimi Agbaje
- Seriously? Human Bones Found Buried in Front of Popular Hotel in Lagos
- See Actor Gideon Okeke Getting His Lips Stitched After Being Brutalized By Policemen In Lagos
- I Was Aspiring To Be Chief Of Staff But God Turned The Table Around - Sanwo-Olu
- Atiku's Sons Apartment Raided By EFCC In Abuja
- Senator kicks against overriding Buhari’s veto
- Buhari constitutes committee on state’s judiciary autonomy
- Woman Brutally Attacked by Robbers on Her Way from Church in Rivers (Photos)
- True Story Of Metele Attacks - Surviving Soldier Reveals What Really Happened
- Money Rituals: Man Who Asked For Human Head Busted
- Winners Members Narrowly Escape Death While Returning From Shiloh (Photos)
- Buhari Worried over 2019, to Meet APC Governors, Oshiomhole
- Shell MD Escapes Prison As Appeal Court Nullifies Sentence
- Bishop Oyedepo: 2019 Will Be Peaceful, There Will Be Change For The Better
- Stop Sealing Suspects’ Assets & Render Them Useless - Falana tells EFCC
- 2019: T.Y. Danjuma's Group Meets Today To Pick Consensus Presidential Candidate
- We Will Not Allow Saraki Humiliate Buhari On Electoral Bill - APC Senators Vow
- Trouble: Oil Marketers To Shut Down All Loading Operations By Midnight
- Akpabio: I Brought Emmanuel Udom From Lagos & Made Him Governor