While we're waiting for Wizkid and Davido's newly rekindled friendship to translate into fire music, it looks like we'll have to settle for Wizkid working with Davido's regular producer, Kiddominant, instead.
Wizkid is not giving us a break these days, as last week he released four songs, "Commando", "Lagos Vibes", "Aphrodisiac" and "High Grade". Now, he's given us a jam with Kiddominant, "Alright" — which has 2011 Wizkid written all over it.
Kiddominant is responsible for a lot of Davido and Mayorkun's jams, such as "Mama", "Che Che", "Fall" and "Like Dat", and we're pretty sure you're already familiar with hearing "Kiddo-kidoo-kiddominaaaant" on a great song.
On "Alright", Kiddominant shifts from producer to artist, and bringing Wizkid into the mix is the song's saving grace. Although we wish Kiddominant had just stuck to production and let Wizkid have all the vocals, this doesn't take too much away from the song, as Wizkid kills it as usual.
Wizkid has always been the best at killing features and hooks, and this new track takes us all the way back to the beginning of his career. "Alright" is a slow-tempo song that is perfect for winding down in the corner of the club with a cheeky grind. Throughout the song, Wizkid keeps us interested and engaged by sampling his own verse on "Ma Lo", Wande Coal's "Taboo" and Big Pun's "Still A Player".
Wizkid is definitely back from wherever he went, and we're glad to have him back! Let's hope he keeps this energy for a while!
Check out "Alright" right here:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Totti: I tried to get Ronaldo, Ibramovich to Roma
- Inter, Icardi disagrees over renewal salary
- Court jails two over Malabu oil bribery scandal
- Messi’s UCL conquest, Ronaldo still ahead
- Mariano Diaz: Wearing the No. 7 shirt is a great responsibility
- 10 champions League shock that shook the world
- Akwa Ibom reiterates commitment to early completion of airport
- Lescott: David Silva is the best player I have ever played with
- Robertson: Sturridge summer up the spirit in our squad
- N3.48bn fraud: Panel sets to arrest Senator Nwaoboshi
- IMF advises Nigeria to focus on structural reforms
- Group berates MTN over constant abuse of extant laws
- 16 Proven Health Benefits, Uses Of Coconut Oil
- Amaju Pinnick re-elected NFF president
- France, Belgium tops latest FIFA rankings
- Ferdinand: Ronaldo’s tears, so emotional
- Notorious Armed Robber/Cultist Shot Dead In Lagos
- Oshiomhole Settles With Governors; States Can Decide Mode Of Primaries
- Story of 12yrs Old Orphan Left to Care for 4 Kids After The Death of Her Elder Sister
- Lagos 2019: Ambode, Fashola dare Tinubu
- Nigeria, Congo to account for 40% of world’s poorest soon – Report
- Drilling slows in Nigeria but oil production rose
- FG to gather N17bn from sale of 21% stake in Nigeria Security Printing & Minting Coy
- Trump tells OPEC to lower oil prices
- Multiple shooting in Maryland
- So Beautiful! Female Corper & Her Baby Dress In NYSC Outfit For Birthday Shoot
- Amaju Pinnick Wins NFF Election, Re-elected For 2nd Term
- Speaker Dogara Arrives PDP Headquarters
- Buhari's Corruption Fighter, Obono-obla Under Pressure To Resign Over 'Fake' WAEC
- Children Surprise Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatment
- Tinubu Shed Tears At Meeting With Buhari Over Ambode
- See Cute Photo of Jay Jay Okocha & His Handsome Son
- Wife Scalds Husband With Hot Water During A Fight Over Food
- Robbers Break Into Lagos Canteen, Cart Away Pots Of Soup and Other Foods
- Meet Akintola Williams, First Chartered Accountant In Africa
- Thief Tries To Have S*x With Lady While She Was Sleeping... and this happened
- Telcos to fund researches, innovations, says NCC boss
- Misapplication of funds: President fires Minister
- Why 9mobile takeover is being delayed – NCC
- End of road for Air Nigeria