While we're waiting for Wizkid and Davido's newly rekindled friendship to translate into fire music, it looks like we'll have to settle for Wizkid working with Davido's regular producer, Kiddominant, instead.
Wizkid is not giving us a break these days, as last week he released four songs, "Commando", "Lagos Vibes", "Aphrodisiac" and "High Grade". Now, he's given us a jam with Kiddominant, "Alright" — which has 2011 Wizkid written all over it.
Kiddominant is responsible for a lot of Davido and Mayorkun's jams, such as "Mama", "Che Che", "Fall" and "Like Dat", and we're pretty sure you're already familiar with hearing "Kiddo-kidoo-kiddominaaaant" on a great song.
On "Alright", Kiddominant shifts from producer to artist, and bringing Wizkid into the mix is the song's saving grace. Although we wish Kiddominant had just stuck to production and let Wizkid have all the vocals, this doesn't take too much away from the song, as Wizkid kills it as usual.
Wizkid has always been the best at killing features and hooks, and this new track takes us all the way back to the beginning of his career. "Alright" is a slow-tempo song that is perfect for winding down in the corner of the club with a cheeky grind. Throughout the song, Wizkid keeps us interested and engaged by sampling his own verse on "Ma Lo", Wande Coal's "Taboo" and Big Pun's "Still A Player".
Wizkid is definitely back from wherever he went, and we're glad to have him back! Let's hope he keeps this energy for a while!
Check out "Alright" right here:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- President Buhari and the killings in Nigeria: A coincidence? Facts and questions for the 2019 elections and a better Nigeria
- Welbeck and Ospina might leave Arsenal
- Shehu’s wife debunks assault story
- World Cup 2022: Book flights two years ahead; urges Qatar airline boss
- Warri/Sapele Stadium to wear an international look soon – Gov. Okowa
- Andy Murray drops to World No. 839
- Latest football gossip
- CR7:Wanted to join a big Club, not retire in Asia
- Oshiomhole begins reform in APC
- Ekiti 2018: SERAP demands prosecution of votes buyers in gov poll
- ICAN president to FG sell idle assets
- Education: 25,000 Nigerians gain admission into U.S. colleges, universities
- Bribery allegation trails NPA, Navy call-up system in Apapa
- Truck owners call-off 9-day-strike
- Boy, 5, falls off, dangles from 19th floor of multi-story
- EFCC REPENTS! Deletes & Disowns Tweet Mocking Fayose
- Tears Of Joy! Nigerian Couple Buys A Car For Their Daughter's Teacher (Photos)
- Buhari Writes Senate, Asks For N164bn For 2019 Election
- Senate confirms Musiliu Smith as chairman of PSC
- Osun Guber: APC to adopt direct primary to pick candidate
- Twitter goes on fire as Nigerians react to DStv tarrif hike
- Why Nigeria has remained backward – Donald Duke
- Gas explosion kills 3 children in Jigawa
- ALTON frowns at sealing of 9mobile’s premises
- NBC mulls sanctions for broadcast stations over N4.2bn debt
- Nigeria set to unveil new national carrier in London
- Finance Minister asked to renounce allegations of NYSC Certification Fraud or Resign
- Orji Kalu re-arraigns for fraud
- FFK Reacts To Ekiti Election: "Weep Not For Fayose"
- Gunmen Kill Couple 'Over Land Dispute' In Anambra
- Father burns 8-year-old daughter’s hands because she steals
- Nigerian community hosts Flying Eagles delegation in Mauritania
- Heartland Fc concludes invitational tournament
- 62 teams jostle for Ogunjobi Cup
- Ekiti election: Tinubu praises Fayose, Olusola
- Oshiomhole reacts to Ortom’s exit
- NNPC Partners FRSC on action plan for haulage operators
- Man, 29, in sexual affairs with 11-yr-old, claims she charmed him
- NFF asks Shehu Dikko to step aside as LMC Chairman
- “How Ministers Knelt Before Abacha In Fear” - Donald Duke