While we're waiting for Wizkid and Davido's newly rekindled friendship to translate into fire music, it looks like we'll have to settle for Wizkid working with Davido's regular producer, Kiddominant, instead.
Wizkid is not giving us a break these days, as last week he released four songs, "Commando", "Lagos Vibes", "Aphrodisiac" and "High Grade". Now, he's given us a jam with Kiddominant, "Alright" — which has 2011 Wizkid written all over it.
Kiddominant is responsible for a lot of Davido and Mayorkun's jams, such as "Mama", "Che Che", "Fall" and "Like Dat", and we're pretty sure you're already familiar with hearing "Kiddo-kidoo-kiddominaaaant" on a great song.
On "Alright", Kiddominant shifts from producer to artist, and bringing Wizkid into the mix is the song's saving grace. Although we wish Kiddominant had just stuck to production and let Wizkid have all the vocals, this doesn't take too much away from the song, as Wizkid kills it as usual.
Wizkid has always been the best at killing features and hooks, and this new track takes us all the way back to the beginning of his career. "Alright" is a slow-tempo song that is perfect for winding down in the corner of the club with a cheeky grind. Throughout the song, Wizkid keeps us interested and engaged by sampling his own verse on "Ma Lo", Wande Coal's "Taboo" and Big Pun's "Still A Player".
Wizkid is definitely back from wherever he went, and we're glad to have him back! Let's hope he keeps this energy for a while!
Check out "Alright" right here:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Here Are Ways To Whiten Your Teeth
- Outrage as gunmen kill more people in Benue State
- Dino Melaye In Handcuffs, His Arrest Forces Senate Shutdown
- Buhari To Be Summoned By House of Reps As Herdsmen Killings Gets Out of Control
- N322m 'Fraud': Delta Senator To Spend 2 Days In Prison
- Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Project: N64B Has Been Approved
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Buhari, south-south chairmen in collusion to ensure Tinubu’s ally eases out APC chairman Oyegun
- Banks refund N654m excess charges on FAAC accounts
- Too Much Killings: Reps Call For Sack Of Service Chiefs, Pass Vote Of No Confidence
- Life and times of Pa Ibidapo
- Customs have reduced smuggling on waterways – Comptroller
- Police hand-cuffs Sen. Melaye on sick bed, bars Saraki, others from visit
- MTN proposes $500m IPO – SEC
- DPR to shut down unlicensed petrol stations
- Buhari strengthens alliance with Tinubu
- Why we think Wenger was forced to resign
- Winning Odds: Who will win 2018 World Cup with 50 days to go?
- Saraki, others visit Melaye in hospital
- EFCC arraigns Senator for N805 million fraud
- Electoral Amendment: Accord Party defeats NASS in court
- Herdsmen killings: Condemnation not enough – Group tells Buhari
- CAN rallies Christians against killings
- Chinny Okoye, other women of The Circle talk tough about 2019 politics
- Lagos drops fraud charges against Ex-LASIMRA General Manager
- Lagos abolished hollow masts for hot galvanised steel — LASIMRA
- FIRS generates N1.17 trillion in Q1 of 2018
- Okonjo-Iweala left Nigeria poorer than she met it – Duke
- Fayose’s family splits over political ambition
- There Are Actually 3 Callings For Christians (Not One)
- Dino Melaye Saga: Armed Policemen Guard Abuja Hospital
- Househelp Tries To Kill His Employer's Brother In Lagos
- US Says Corruption Is Massive Under Buhari Government
- Forgive Me and I'll Become A Pastor, Teenage Robber Caught With 3 Guns Begs
- Chimamanda says Nigerians are mentally lazy
- 24 APC gives endorse Buhari for 2019
- Court sends Katsina’s ex-gov. to EFCC custody
- What Osinbajo said about security challenges while speaking at Deeeper Life new auditorium ceremony
- Trade war with US could dampens China’s economic growth – Experts
- Lawmakers fail again to pass 2018 budget