Last year, the gifted South African singer, Shekhinah dropped her stunning debut album, Rose Gold — which was one of our favourite 2017 releases. While a lot of the songs off the album were great, it's lead single, "Suited" was definitely a standout.
Now, Mr Eazi and Synx — an upcoming Nigerian producer and sound engineer — have joined Shekhinah on the remix of the track, and it's honestly a lot better than we expected it to be.
With Synx giving the remix more of an afropop feel, Mr Eazi is able to fit right in. The original track, which found Shekhinah singing about her solid relationship with her partner, still retains that theme of undying love.
As great as Synx's production is (his work here is revelatory), the remix's biggest surprise is definitely how good Mr Eazi sounds alongside Shekhinah. He even manages to match the song's theme without losing the plot.
While Mr Eazi has been impossible to miss this year — it feels like he's been on about 50% of the tracks released in the past couple months — his work on this remix is definitely the best thing he's done in a long time. We hope he stays on this level for the rest of the year.
Listen to the remix below:[embedded content]
TV taught me how to feel.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Chimamanda says Nigerians are mentally lazy
- 24 APC gives endorse Buhari for 2019
- Court sends Katsina’s ex-gov. to EFCC custody
- What Osinbajo said about security challenges while speaking at Deeeper Life new auditorium ceremony
- Trade war with US could dampens China’s economic growth – Experts
- Lawmakers fail again to pass 2018 budget
- Buhari Reacts To Headsmen Killing Of Worshippers, Pastors
- Couple Found Dead In Their Apartment In Lagos
- Top Drug Baron & Robbery Gang Leader Nabbed By SARS
- Plenty Tax Money: FIRS generates N1.17tn in just 3 months
- Foods That Can Help You Look Younger
- Dino Melaye Jumps Out Of Police Van, Move To Abuja Hospital In Ambulance (Photos)
- Buhari backs Oshiomhole against Oyegun as APC Chairman?
- Heartless Gunmen Kill 2 Priests, 14 Worshippers In Benue
- Presidency, Senate Face-Off Deepens Over Stolen Mace
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Junior Customs officers allege bias in promotion exercise
- Chinese vessels most culpable violators of Nigeria’s Waters – Navy
- Group tells Peterside to focus on MAN
- CCT sits in Bauchi; tries 55 politicians
- Police insist on taking Melaye to Kogi for trial
- Israel awards late Awolowo Certificate of Excellence
- Lagos APC: We need fresh hands, Tinubu charge party exco
- Researchers identify new form of DNA in living cells
- Naira appreciates against Dollar at parallel market
- Prioritize Africa’s youth and leapfrog traditional development paths – Tony Elumelu
- $496m controversy: Lawmakers call for Buhari’s head
- World’s first person-less bank run by humanoids opens
- Nigeria’s tiers of government share N647.39 in March
- Buhari condemns killing of priests, worshippers in Benue Church
- Lagos IGR hits N103.4bn in first quarter of 2018
- Police explain why Dino Melaye was arrested for interrogation
- Massive corruption evident under Buhari, says US report
- Melaye jumps out of police van, lands in hospital
- Order Saraki, Melaye, others to refund ‘illegal N13.5m allowance with interest’ – SERAP tells court
- Nigeria, Saudi Arabia in faceoff over attempts to block pilgrims
- Boateng: We can only stop Ronaldo as a team
- New corps members’ allowance dependent on new minimum wage – DG
- NSE marks Earth Day, seals corporate recycling MoU with RecyclePoints limited
- NCC withdraws 41m Starcomms, Zoom mobile, others numbers