Last year, the gifted South African singer, Shekhinah dropped her stunning debut album, Rose Gold — which was one of our favourite 2017 releases. While a lot of the songs off the album were great, it's lead single, "Suited" was definitely a standout.
Now, Mr Eazi and Synx — an upcoming Nigerian producer and sound engineer — have joined Shekhinah on the remix of the track, and it's honestly a lot better than we expected it to be.
With Synx giving the remix more of an afropop feel, Mr Eazi is able to fit right in. The original track, which found Shekhinah singing about her solid relationship with her partner, still retains that theme of undying love.
As great as Synx's production is (his work here is revelatory), the remix's biggest surprise is definitely how good Mr Eazi sounds alongside Shekhinah. He even manages to match the song's theme without losing the plot.
While Mr Eazi has been impossible to miss this year — it feels like he's been on about 50% of the tracks released in the past couple months — his work on this remix is definitely the best thing he's done in a long time. We hope he stays on this level for the rest of the year.
Listen to the remix below:[embedded content]
TV taught me how to feel.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- House of Reps reject committee report sympathising with Atiku’s company
- Falana supports Obasanjo
- Shehu Sani tells Nigerians to look at the message of Obasanjo, not the messenger
- Feb: NOA raises red flags in 2 states in southeast, 1 in southwest, southsouth, northcentral each
- Respect rule of law, Osun APC tells Obasanjo
- LASUTH doctors begin strike Jan. 28
- Housewife allegedly beaten to death in Ondo
- Cardiff record signing Sala, on board missing plane says French authorities
- Prophet lynched in Ekiti for eating human faeces with bread
- Retired policeman claims 14-year old as his wife
- Barca completes shock Boateng move
- PDP federal lawmaker defects to APC
- Govt. Shut Down: U.S senate bows under Trump pressure
- Police confiscate 13 houses, 10 cars of kidnapper Collins Ezenwa known as E-Money
- How Trump’s friend facilitated Atiku’s trip to US
- Minimum wage: Council of State approves N30000 for Fed. workers
- Man goes berserk, kills wife, children, 4 others
- High court grants Elzakzaky, wife, access to medical services, adjourns to March 25
- Oshiomhole rubbishes OBJ, Atiku
- Popular Singer buys JAMB forms for 30 students
- ECOWAS, others sets to eliminate child marriage in West Africa
- Obasanjo Laughs With Buhari In Aso Rock Today
- The last of Awo’s cavalrymen
- Obasanjo on new offensive against Buhari
- Investors lose N102bn as NSE All Shares Index declines
- Why 2019 elections will be impossible to rig – INEC
- Again, House of Reps steps down second reading of 2019 Appropriation Bill
- Senate adjourns plenary over absence of Lawmakers
- Barcelona confirm Kevin-Prince Boateng signing
- PSG ordered to include Rabiot in first-team training
- NFF can’t force me to release election forms- Taraba FA Chairman boasts
- 2019: Buhari meets Obasanjo, others at Aso Rock
- Drama As Lagos Assembly Claims Ignorance Of Ambode's 2019 Budget
- Rivers APC Case: Supreme Court's Position
- Story Of UNILAG Graduate Turned Suspected Serial R*pist
- Dino Melaye Shares First Picture After Release From Custody
- Faces Of Car-snatching Syndicate Busted By The Police
- Suspected Ritualist Lynched For Allegedly Eating Faeces
- Obasanjo Trends Over Letter To Buhari... Tinubu, Others Hit Him
- Two Men Break Into Redeemed Church, Steal Church Property