It seems as though EbonyLife never take a break, as just last week they announced a partnership with Sony to produce three new television shows. Now, they have announced production for another Christmas film, Chief Daddy, and if their previous releases are anything to go by, we're in for a treat.
EbonyLife are well on their way to becoming Africa's entertainment behemoth, as they've been responsible for some of the biggest movies out of Nollywood today. Since their hit film, Fifty was released in 2015, they've had a new film premiere every Christmas, and they seem to be continuing this tradition with Chief Daddy.
Announcing this on Instagram, CEO of EbonyLife, Mo Abudu said:
"EbonyLife Films new feature, set to become this December’s blockbuster movie. It tells the story of billionaire industrialist Chief Beecroft, a flamboyant benefactor to a large extended family of relatives, household staff and assorted mistresses.
Chief lives large, like there’s no tomorrow, until the day he dies suddenly and the ‘bullion van’ stops! What’s in his will and who gets all that money? What happens next will surprise you, as Chief Daddy has the last laugh from beyond the grave."
From this description, we can already tell that this movie is going to be a hit. The cast includes Nollywood faves such as Bisola Aiyeola, Funke Akindele, Zainab Balogun, Falz, Kate Henshaw, MI, Richard Mofe-Damijo, Beverly Naya, Chigul and many more.
Given the wide range of comedic and dramatic actors involved, we're guessing this movie is going to follow EbonyLife's typical formula: a star-studded rom-com. We're definitely looking forward to hearing more about Chief Daddy.
Check out photos from the first day on set here:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- President Buhari and the killings in Nigeria: A coincidence? Facts and questions for the 2019 elections and a better Nigeria
- Welbeck and Ospina might leave Arsenal
- Shehu’s wife debunks assault story
- World Cup 2022: Book flights two years ahead; urges Qatar airline boss
- Warri/Sapele Stadium to wear an international look soon – Gov. Okowa
- Andy Murray drops to World No. 839
- Latest football gossip
- CR7:Wanted to join a big Club, not retire in Asia
- Oshiomhole begins reform in APC
- Ekiti 2018: SERAP demands prosecution of votes buyers in gov poll
- ICAN president to FG sell idle assets
- Education: 25,000 Nigerians gain admission into U.S. colleges, universities
- Bribery allegation trails NPA, Navy call-up system in Apapa
- Truck owners call-off 9-day-strike
- Boy, 5, falls off, dangles from 19th floor of multi-story
- EFCC REPENTS! Deletes & Disowns Tweet Mocking Fayose
- Tears Of Joy! Nigerian Couple Buys A Car For Their Daughter's Teacher (Photos)
- Buhari Writes Senate, Asks For N164bn For 2019 Election
- Senate confirms Musiliu Smith as chairman of PSC
- Osun Guber: APC to adopt direct primary to pick candidate
- Twitter goes on fire as Nigerians react to DStv tarrif hike
- Why Nigeria has remained backward – Donald Duke
- Gas explosion kills 3 children in Jigawa
- ALTON frowns at sealing of 9mobile’s premises
- NBC mulls sanctions for broadcast stations over N4.2bn debt
- Nigeria set to unveil new national carrier in London
- Finance Minister asked to renounce allegations of NYSC Certification Fraud or Resign
- Orji Kalu re-arraigns for fraud
- FFK Reacts To Ekiti Election: "Weep Not For Fayose"
- Gunmen Kill Couple 'Over Land Dispute' In Anambra
- Father burns 8-year-old daughter’s hands because she steals
- Nigerian community hosts Flying Eagles delegation in Mauritania
- Heartland Fc concludes invitational tournament
- 62 teams jostle for Ogunjobi Cup
- Ekiti election: Tinubu praises Fayose, Olusola
- Oshiomhole reacts to Ortom’s exit
- NNPC Partners FRSC on action plan for haulage operators
- Man, 29, in sexual affairs with 11-yr-old, claims she charmed him
- NFF asks Shehu Dikko to step aside as LMC Chairman
- “How Ministers Knelt Before Abacha In Fear” - Donald Duke