It seems as though EbonyLife never take a break, as just last week they announced a partnership with Sony to produce three new television shows. Now, they have announced production for another Christmas film, Chief Daddy, and if their previous releases are anything to go by, we're in for a treat.
EbonyLife are well on their way to becoming Africa's entertainment behemoth, as they've been responsible for some of the biggest movies out of Nollywood today. Since their hit film, Fifty was released in 2015, they've had a new film premiere every Christmas, and they seem to be continuing this tradition with Chief Daddy.
Announcing this on Instagram, CEO of EbonyLife, Mo Abudu said:
"EbonyLife Films new feature, set to become this December’s blockbuster movie. It tells the story of billionaire industrialist Chief Beecroft, a flamboyant benefactor to a large extended family of relatives, household staff and assorted mistresses.
Chief lives large, like there’s no tomorrow, until the day he dies suddenly and the ‘bullion van’ stops! What’s in his will and who gets all that money? What happens next will surprise you, as Chief Daddy has the last laugh from beyond the grave."
From this description, we can already tell that this movie is going to be a hit. The cast includes Nollywood faves such as Bisola Aiyeola, Funke Akindele, Zainab Balogun, Falz, Kate Henshaw, MI, Richard Mofe-Damijo, Beverly Naya, Chigul and many more.
Given the wide range of comedic and dramatic actors involved, we're guessing this movie is going to follow EbonyLife's typical formula: a star-studded rom-com. We're definitely looking forward to hearing more about Chief Daddy.
Check out photos from the first day on set here:
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Here Are Ways To Whiten Your Teeth
- Outrage as gunmen kill more people in Benue State
- Dino Melaye In Handcuffs, His Arrest Forces Senate Shutdown
- Buhari To Be Summoned By House of Reps As Herdsmen Killings Gets Out of Control
- N322m 'Fraud': Delta Senator To Spend 2 Days In Prison
- Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Project: N64B Has Been Approved
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Buhari, south-south chairmen in collusion to ensure Tinubu’s ally eases out APC chairman Oyegun
- Banks refund N654m excess charges on FAAC accounts
- Too Much Killings: Reps Call For Sack Of Service Chiefs, Pass Vote Of No Confidence
- Life and times of Pa Ibidapo
- Customs have reduced smuggling on waterways – Comptroller
- Police hand-cuffs Sen. Melaye on sick bed, bars Saraki, others from visit
- MTN proposes $500m IPO – SEC
- DPR to shut down unlicensed petrol stations
- Buhari strengthens alliance with Tinubu
- Why we think Wenger was forced to resign
- Winning Odds: Who will win 2018 World Cup with 50 days to go?
- Saraki, others visit Melaye in hospital
- EFCC arraigns Senator for N805 million fraud
- Electoral Amendment: Accord Party defeats NASS in court
- Herdsmen killings: Condemnation not enough – Group tells Buhari
- CAN rallies Christians against killings
- Chinny Okoye, other women of The Circle talk tough about 2019 politics
- Lagos drops fraud charges against Ex-LASIMRA General Manager
- Lagos abolished hollow masts for hot galvanised steel — LASIMRA
- FIRS generates N1.17 trillion in Q1 of 2018
- Okonjo-Iweala left Nigeria poorer than she met it – Duke
- Fayose’s family splits over political ambition
- There Are Actually 3 Callings For Christians (Not One)
- Dino Melaye Saga: Armed Policemen Guard Abuja Hospital
- Househelp Tries To Kill His Employer's Brother In Lagos
- US Says Corruption Is Massive Under Buhari Government
- Forgive Me and I'll Become A Pastor, Teenage Robber Caught With 3 Guns Begs
- Chimamanda says Nigerians are mentally lazy
- 24 APC gives endorse Buhari for 2019
- Court sends Katsina’s ex-gov. to EFCC custody
- What Osinbajo said about security challenges while speaking at Deeeper Life new auditorium ceremony
- Trade war with US could dampens China’s economic growth – Experts
- Lawmakers fail again to pass 2018 budget