The Police in Enugu State have confirmed that two robbery and cultism suspects were beaten to death in the state by a mob after they were caught robbing a victim.
The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the state, SP Ebere Amaraizu, said in a statement on Monday in Enugu that the suspects met their waterloo on Sunday.
He gave the names of the suspects as Okeme alias Pikin and Philip Onyebuchi alias Akwara.
Amaraizu said that the suspects had been terrorising residents of Abbi and Adani in Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area of the state through their alleged nefarious activities.
“Just as the saying goes, every day is for the thief but one day is for the owner of the house.
“It was gathered that on the fateful day, these suspected hoodlums emerged from the bush in their usual way to unleash mayhem on the innocent citizens.
“They were resisted by their victim who raised alarm.
“The alarm raised attracted the attention of angry mob from Abbi and Adani communities who immediately gave them hot chase.” he said.
The PPRO said that the mob allegedly beat the suspects and inflicted various degrees of injuries on them before police operatives could arrive at the scene.
“They were promptly rushed to a nearby hospital for medical attention but were later confirmed dead by a doctor on duty.
“Their dead bodies have been deposited at the hospital mortuary,’’ he said.
Amaraizu said that further information gathered revealed that the hoodlums had been members of the dreaded Malaysian Forest boys, who had been operating from the bush.
The PPRO said the suspects had been on the wanted list of the police.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Suspect Escapes From Court Room In Lagos, Jumps Into Canal
- Young Boy Abducted By Ritualists In Benue, Abandoned In Abuja
- Female Student 'Tied' Her Roommates' Destinies Over Money
- Father Mbaka Warns Buhari, Others Of Impending "Danger"
- Check Out The Super-Cool Mercedes X-Class (Latest Edition)
- Pretty Lady Set To Marry In August Dies In Fatal Accident In Delta
- Iran threatens US with ‘mother of all wars’
- MPR to stay unchanged on sustained risk of capital flow reversals – analysts
- Nigeria’s inflation rate rises month-on-month
- First Bank commences Nigeria-China currency swap
- Nigeria’s new national carrier on shaking grounds
- Woman Suddenly Collapses, Dies During Church Service In Delta
- Nigerian Drug Trafficker Sentenced To Life In Prison (Photos)
- Footballer Ighalo & Wife Rock Matching Outfits In Style
- Female Professor, Army Officer Shot Dead By Gunmen On Abuja Road Last Night
- Here's Where To Buy The Best Snail In Abuja (Fresh or Cooked)
- UNIZIK Final Year Student Dies Moments Before His Last Paper
- SARS Torture Musician In Lagos, Accuse Him Of Being Yahoo Boy
- Dancing Senator Adeleke Stole My Mandate - Billionaire Ogunbiyi
- Saraki Reacts To "Juicy Offer" To Him By Buhari Presidency
- Some Forces Pushed Me To Defile Girl, says 52-Year-Old Man
- Fayose’s Arrogance Caused PDP’s Defeat In Ekiti — Sen. Kashamu
- Female Permanent Secretary’s Son Hangs Self Over Failed Business
- Start Preparing To Leave Aso Rock - PDP tells Buhari
- Buhari a joker if he thinks he’ll win in 2019 – Adebanjo
- Ex-President bags another 8-year jail term for corruption
- Osun 2018: Dancer Senator Adeleke wins PDP governorship ticket
- CAA ASABA 2018: Phyno, Harrysong to thrill fans as ticket sale begins
- 25 Falconets in Austria’s World Cup camping
- Flying Eagles batter Mauritania 5-0, qualify for Niger 2019
- Here Are The Foods You Shouldn't Eat On An Empty Stomach
- Lagos Police Arrests 5 PDP LGA Chairmen For Murder
- JAMB Remits Another N7.8bn To Federal Government
- SARS Storms Kidnapper's Mansion In Imo Before Its Demolition
- APC & PDP In War Of Words Over Saraki, Dogara, Others
- Rampaging Boko Haram Ambushes Soldiers, Many Killed
- Policemen Assault Beautician After 'Touching' His Girlfriend
- "We’ve Decided To Dump APC, We Don't Trust Buhari" - R-APC
- Nigeria, Others To Get AFREXIM Bank’s $25bn Grant
- Newlywed Couple Seen Buying Roasted Plantain By The Roadside In Delta (Photos)