The Police in Enugu State have confirmed that two robbery and cultism suspects were beaten to death in the state by a mob after they were caught robbing a victim.
The Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) in the state, SP Ebere Amaraizu, said in a statement on Monday in Enugu that the suspects met their waterloo on Sunday.
He gave the names of the suspects as Okeme alias Pikin and Philip Onyebuchi alias Akwara.
Amaraizu said that the suspects had been terrorising residents of Abbi and Adani in Uzo-Uwani Local Government Area of the state through their alleged nefarious activities.
“Just as the saying goes, every day is for the thief but one day is for the owner of the house.
“It was gathered that on the fateful day, these suspected hoodlums emerged from the bush in their usual way to unleash mayhem on the innocent citizens.
“They were resisted by their victim who raised alarm.
“The alarm raised attracted the attention of angry mob from Abbi and Adani communities who immediately gave them hot chase.” he said.
The PPRO said that the mob allegedly beat the suspects and inflicted various degrees of injuries on them before police operatives could arrive at the scene.
“They were promptly rushed to a nearby hospital for medical attention but were later confirmed dead by a doctor on duty.
“Their dead bodies have been deposited at the hospital mortuary,’’ he said.
Amaraizu said that further information gathered revealed that the hoodlums had been members of the dreaded Malaysian Forest boys, who had been operating from the bush.
The PPRO said the suspects had been on the wanted list of the police.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- N10bn contractors’ payment: Adeosun debunks illegal transactions
- Skill acquisition: Lagos trains 18,184 women, youths in three years
- Why You Should Stop Worrying About Making A Big Impact
- We Are Not Lazy, Nigerian Youths Reply President Buhari
- Femi Falana Raises Alarm Over N1.4Trillion As Subsidy Monthly
- SARS Men "Torture" Man With A Pregnant Wife To Death
- 'NEPA' Fights Back: There'll Be Chaos If We Don't Continue Estimated Billing
- Pregnant Teenager, Pastor, Two Others Killed By Rivers Cultists
- 5 Ways To Identify Quality Ankara
- PDP Replies Buhari: Nigerian Youths Are Not Lazy
- Update On Senate Invasion & Mace Theft Saga
- Notorious Gang Leader, 20 Others Arrested
- Fayose, Obanikoro, Omisore Lose Over N2.2B; court freezes Fayose's accounts again
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Lagos completes 450 roads in three years
- Kidnapping: Evans‘ll not escape justice – Lagos Govt
- Lagos Waste: CSNAC asks EFCC to investigate ownership, operation of Visionscape
- Senate Mace Kidnap: When Nigeria lost 109 Senators in one swift terrorist attack
- EFCC about to sabotage own $1.6 bn suit against Omokore, others
- Osinbajo eulogizes Nigerian youths for great strides
- Lagos signs MoU to collate data of persons living with disabilities
- Court remands Buhari’s nominee in prison for alleged N182m fraud
- Shun purchase of pre-registered SIMs to avoid scammers, NCC warns
- Sterling Bank deepens investment culture, launches new mobile app
- AMBON set for official unveiling
- Access Bank increases ATM withdrawal limit abroad
- Mixed reaction trails Police recovery of stolen mace
- PDP in emergency meeting, may change name today
- Hotel owner, others arraigned in court over Offa bank robbery
- Saraki lauds colleagues, Reps for upholding democracy
- Appeal Court freezes Fayose’s accounts
- Reps back Adeosun over Gwarzo’s suspension
- Tension as military, police take over NASS
- Justice Abang speaks on Metuh’s sick-bed prank
- OC SARS commits suicide in Ogun
- Mace theft: Senate summons IGP, DG of SSS
- Police promotes Magu, 2 others
- Kirikiri prisoners enroll for PhD
- How 5 thugs beat 250 NASS guards to steal mace
- FG to criminalise abuse of local content policy