U.S. President Donald Trump
U.S. President Donald Trump will host President Muhammadu Buhari on April 30, the White House announced on Sunday evening.
The White House in a statement said Buhari would meet Trump at Washington to discuss issues including “fighting terrorism” and economic growth.
“President Trump looks forward to discussing ways to enhance our strategic partnership and advance our shared priorities:
“Promoting economic growth and reforms, fighting terrorism and other threats to peace and security, and building on Nigeria’s role as a democratic leader in the region.
“The relationship of the United States with Nigeria is deep and strong, and Nigeria’s economic growth, security, and leadership in Africa will advance our mutual prosperity,” the statement read in part.
Diplomatic experts said Buhari, being the first African leader called by Trump, only reaffirmed Nigeria’s strategic position in Africa.
NAN also recalls that former U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson also visited Nigeria in February in a first five-country African tour embarked upon by an official of the administration.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Nigeria might lose investors – Sanusi
- 9mobile crashes US roaming rates with super 50 offer
- Naira steady at N363/$ as Pound crashes lowest in weeks
- NFF electoral committee commences work
- Highly-rated Arsenal youngster tipped to leave for free transfer
- Putin orders massive military men, materiel, 50 ops in preparation against enemy West
- NSE: Bull loses control as Index down by 0.15%
- Eko disco restores power to community after 9 months outage
- Buhari returned empty-handed from UK visit – PDP
- Considering a Spaniard for Arsenal job
- Big Brother Naija: Multichoice may have raked in N5.1 billion
- Again, poliice descends on Melaye’s home in Abuja hours after release
- Bukola Saraki’s aide in ghost worker scam
- SEC extends amnesty for shareholders with multiple IPOs subscriptions
- NCC blames SIM box operators over call masking
- Health: Expert commends LASG’s over compulsory state’s Health Insurance Scheme
- 2019: No amount of intimidation will stop PDP, says Secondus
- Nigerian burnt to death by South Africans as police look away
- Face of Herdsman Who Killed His Own Brother Over Missing Cow
- Pastor Who Borrowed Coat For Wedding 12 Years Ago, Celebrates His Good Wife
- Xhaka: We must win Europa League for Arsenal
- Man Who Already Shared His Will Miraculously Healed By Female Prophet From Kidney Infection
- World Bank blasts Nigeria, African leaders on Youth development
- Wike set to commission 34 projects to mark third year anniversary
- OAU Sex-for-marks scandal: Victim, Monica Osagie, invited to appear before panel on Tuesday
- Former INEC chair gets new appointment
- Politics is like smoking Marijuana – Kema Chikwe
- 2 Ladies Who Accused Nigerian Lecturer of S*x for Grade Jailed
- Update: Soldiers Kill Six Gunmen Terrorising Kogi State
- Breaking: Police arrest Melaye
- Yoweri Museveni, Uganda President, chides Buhari on Nigerian Youths
- Nabbed Soldier: I deserted Army because I was owed 9-month salary
- Senator Dino Melaye Arrested In Abuja Airport
- Why Bode George Should Beg Obasanjo - Oyinlola
- Abuja Engineer Stabs Friend To Death At Birthday Party
- Gunmen, Bombers Attack Kogi & Borno States, Over 25 Killed
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Here Is How To Easily Apply & Get Your Nigerian Passport
- FG Reforming NNPC For Transparency & Accountability
- Saraki, Tambuwal Give PDP Conditions To Return?