The Police Command in Niger have announced the arrest of 16 suspected cattle rustlers, kidnappers and armed robbers that have been terrorising residents of the state.
The command’s Public Relations Officer, ASP Muhammadu Abubakar, said this in a statement on Monday in Minna.
He said that two suspected kidnappers were arrested with three AK 47 rifles, eight rounds of ammunition, two empty magazines, Army uniform, 14 cows, 20 sheep, 11 goats, one Gionee and one Infinix mobile phones at Mashegu and Borgu Local Government Areas.
The police spokesperson explained that six suspected armed robbers were arrested for robbing one Alhaji Idris Zugurma of Mashegu Local Government Area.
“The police recovered three locally made pistols, 11 cartridges, wraps of dried leaves suspected to be Indian hemp and charms from the suspects.
“We have also arrested two suspected armed robbers and recovered a stolen Toyota Carina with Registration Number GGE 925 APP,’’ he said.
He said that three other suspects were arrested for criminal conspiracy and armed robbery in Minna town and recovered an Acura MDX Jeep with Registration number MNA 435 JB.
“We have arrested three suspects in Sabon Wuse of Tafa Local Government Area for unlawful possession of firearm and attempt to commit murder,’’ he said.
He said that the command also arrested three other suspects in New Bussa and recovered two motorcycles with dangerous weapons while one of the motorcyclists’ left hands was cut off during the operation.
The PPRO said that two locally made pistols, four life cartridges, fake FRSC identity card and a knife were recovered from the suspects.
Abubakar said that all the suspects would soon be charged after investigation.
He appealed to residents of the state to complement efforts of the command by giving information on movement of bad elements in their midst.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Closed As Tanker Falls, Spills Content
- JUST IN: Omisore Tells His Supporters Who To Vote Tomorrow
- Woman Finds Daughter Alive 6 Years After Being Told She Died In A House Fire (Photos)
- Buhari calls for global action against corruption
- Men divided at Man United: How Mourinho falls to Lampard after fallout with Pogba
- How Ras Kimono’s wife died
- England U20 World Cup Sensation ready to join Super Eagles
- How Linda Ikeji joins growing list of Babymamas
- Uncovering Rukky Sanda’s private hustle
- Why MPC retained interest rate at 14% –CBN
- Genevieve Nnaji’s guy is super proud of his girl
- We do Church jokes because we are church boys – Okey Bakassi
- Nollywood Actress Seen Carrying Big Coffin On Her Head (Pics)
- JSS 2 Student Who Is An Armed Robber Nabbed With Pistol
- N2.5bn fraud: Aisha Buhari reacts
- Osun rerun: Omisore ignores PDP, settles for APC
- Osun Rerun: Oshiomhole, Lai, Ganduje finally seal deal with Omisore
- Lady Gets Yam, Beans, Pawpaw As Best Creative Advert Student
- Why PDP's Adeleke Is Leading Our Candidate In Osun Election - APC Chieftain
- Policemen Used For Osun Election Involved In Fatal Accident
- Osun tie: Matters arising
- Customs generates N852m revenue in 1month
- Minimum wage: ULC threatens nationwide strike,pitch workers against insensitive politicians
- Pressure mounts on UN to fire Obasanjo
- Aisha Buhari orders arrest of her ADC over 2.5billion fraud
- NCC not interested in social media gagging bill, says Ojobo
- Lekan Shonde's Wife "Died Of Brain Injuries"
- Osun Rerun: Omisore, Lasun Agree To Help APC Fight PDP?
- Applicant Dies During FRSC Recruitment In Kogi
- Why INEC Must Declare Collected PVCs For Osun Rerun
- Nigerian Ladies Caught On CCTV Stealing From A Store
- Fear Of Dancing Senator: Oshiomhole, 5 APC Governors Run To Omisore Again
- Woman, Male Friend Nabbed for Using Drone to Monitor Osoba's House (Photos)
- Adeleke Family's Statement On "Rejecting Help" From Omisore
- Tips To Network Better With People For More Opportunities
- Buhari Sends Fayemi From US To "Beg" Omisore For Osun Rerun
- Akpabio Secures APC Nomination As Consensus Candidate
- Minimum Wage: NLC Directs Workers To Begin Strike Tomorrow
- Why My ADC Was Arrested – Aisha Buhari