Last week, Wizkid dropped three surprise tracks on us, "Lagos Vibes", "Aphrodisiac" and "Highgrade" featuring Ty Dolla $ign. While all of the songs were instantly likeable, "Aphrodisiac" sadly felt like the most forgettable of the bunch.
So, it definitely helps that Ycee immediately hopped on the track, giving it new life. Although we're not sure if this is an official remix or how the track was always intended to be released — the original was tagged a "leak" after all — it's definitely an improvement.
Produced by Northboi — the man responsible for "Soco" — "Aphrodisiac" is a sultry song that's all about making love. The track, which samples Ja Rule and Ashanti's iconic "Always On Time", finds both Wizkid and Ycee promising their lovers "wicked vibes all night".
Although Wizkid carries the bulk of the song, Ycee is definitely the standout performer in every regard; lyrically, vocally and delivery-wise. His verse, which comes right at the end, is the most memorable part of the entire track.
While we can't say that Ycee's addition to "Aphrodisiac" puts the track on par with "Lagos Vibes" and "Highgrade", we definitely think it now has a fighting chance of not getting completely lost in the shuffle of all of Wizkid's sudden releases.
Listen to "Aphrodisiac" below:
TV taught me how to feel.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Balogun joins English Premier League Club Brighton
- Casey Stoney set to manage Manchester United
- Highest goal scorer won’t sign Bulgaria FC
- NFF, LMC sign deals
- MTN Invests $1.8b in Telecoms Infrastructure in Nigeria
- Tourism, Lagos untapped goldmine – Lagos Speaker
- FAAC shares N701bn as ECA hits $1.911bn
- Oil slips further below $80 on talk of easing output curbs
- Court awards N10 million Damages against Zenith Bank
- Ekiti Deputy Speaker, Chief Whip impeached, replaced
- Calls, data hike hit telecom market
- Prof Akindele was my mentor, says OAU sex-for-mark victim
- Peace Corps bill dead finally
- Banks express reservations over 9Mobile viability
- Police React To Video Of Policeman Assaulting A Lady In Delta
- Giant predatory worms invade France
- OPEC may ease oil supply in June
- Ekiti: Tension in Fayose’s camp as lawmakers, commisioners dump PDP
- Insecurity: Senate gives security chiefs 2 weeks to present budget
- Imprisoned Sen. Jang got bail
- Director refutes reports of workers strike in Federal Ministry of Finance
- APC crisis worsens: Bauchi Deputy Governor quits office
- Ambode awards scholarship, N5m cash reward to best graduating LASU student
- Israel tells EU to go to hell over criticism
- NNPC eyes downstream market share by 2020
- Presidency dismisses Amnesty International indictment
- Ebola: WHO expects worst as epidemic about to spread across Africa, world
- Breaking: Buhari brings back former IGP
- Policeman Beats Up Lady For Refusing To Allow Him Search Her
- Names Of 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria Released By NUC
- Re: $16 billion on Power Project: Obasanjo disbursed only $3.7bn – Panel
- NASS fails to transmit 2018 Budget to Buhari – Udo Udoma
- JAF, Labour hold summit on political alternative in Nigeria
- Cultist sells “wasted” victim’s hands for most ridiculous amount
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Things You Should Know About Travelling Abroad
- E-Money's 10 Luxury Vehicles Impounded Over N6M Import Duty
- Notorious Robber Begs For His Life After Being Caught In Delta
- Meet Airport Cleaner Who Returned $6,000 She Found In Toilet
- Shekarau Arrested By EFCC Over N950m Fraud, To Be Arraigned With Others