– The Sokoto state police command has promoted and decorated 586 inspectors with their new ranks
– Three hundred and thirty-six sergeants were also promoted to the rank of Inspector
– The state commissioner of police, Murtala Mani, urged the officers to consider their new position as a challenge to strive hard
About 586 inspectors and other rank and file under the Sokoto state police command have been promoted and decorated with their new ranks, The Punch reports.
NAIJ.com gathered that three hundred and thirty-six sergeants were promoted to the rank of Inspector, while 238 others were elevated to the ranks of Corporals and Sergeants.
The Sokoto state commissioner of police, Murtala Mani, while decorating the officers urged them to consider their new position as a challenge to strive hard in serving their nation effectively.
READ ALSO: Irate mob shutdown Ekiti palace
“Your promotion was as a result of your individual hard work, dedication to duty, hence the need to appreciate your efforts. The command would continue to honour and reciprocate its deserving officers and punish the erring ones,” the CP stated.
Mani also challenged officers in the command to put in more efforts in the discharge of their responsibilities.
According to an earlier report by NAIJ.com, the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris says the force loses 9,028 officers to death, dismissal and retirement annually. Idris made the disclosure at the monthly meeting with commissioners of police on Wednesday, February 21, in Abuja.
The IGP said that the development had seriously affected the manpower of the force. He noted that the 308, 000 police workforce was grossly inadequate for the effective policing of the more than 180 million people in the country, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
The police boss said that the country was far below the UN standard of one policeman to 400 persons. He added that the federal government had approved the recruitment of 6,000 policemen into the rank and file.
If any police officer misbehaves with you, call any of these numbers – on NAIJ.com TV.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- Offa Attack: Five bank staffers sacked; top police officers linked
- Bishop Oyedepo berates Buhari: Your government is a failure, God is angry with you
- The “approved” $1 billion for arms purchase
- Wading into the Oba-Emir Debate
- Melaye alleges plot to assassinate him
- Obama Foundation introduces new programme for emerging leaders in Africa
- APC Chairmanship: Oshiomhole’s candidature suffers setback
- Lagos Policemen Chased My Son To Death - Father
- Dino Melaye: They snatched my passport, I snatched it back
- EFCC Arrests Ibori’s Man, Senator Nwaoboshi Over N6B "Fraud"
- Lagos Security Man Arrested For Impregnating His Daughter
- Melaye trapped, helpless as police speaks on reinforced siege
- Dino Melaye surrenders
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- Check out The Characteristics of a Good and Decent Hotel
- Saraki, Tambuwal Won’t Decamp To PDP - Governor
- Nigerian Lawmaker Loses 4 Kids, 7 Relatives In Fatal Accident
- Armed Policemen Storm Dino Melaye's House... Police give reason
- Lawmaker’s Suspension: What The Law Says
- Nigeria vies for two positions in ITU
- Super forward: European club wants Ronaldo, Sane and Salah
- Kunle, Aremu disagree over their father’s financial status
- Evidence Destruction: Court decides Metuh’s fate
- Mercy Johnson Okojie has a new endorsement
- What Roman Abramovich stands to lose if Antonio Conte is sacked?
- IDPs, police clash at Melaye’s residence as siege continues
- Nigeria might lose investors – Sanusi
- Naira steady at N363/$ as Pound crashes lowest in weeks
- NFF electoral committee commences work
- Highly-rated Arsenal youngster tipped to leave for free transfer
- Putin orders massive military men, materiel, 50 ops in preparation against enemy West
- NSE: Bull loses control as Index down by 0.15%
- Eko disco restores power to community after 9 months outage
- Buhari returned empty-handed from UK visit – PDP
- Considering a Spaniard for Arsenal job
- Big Brother Naija: Multichoice may have raked in N5.1 billion
- Again, poliice descends on Melaye’s home in Abuja hours after release
- Bukola Saraki’s aide in ghost worker scam
- SEC extends amnesty for shareholders with multiple IPOs subscriptions
- NCC blames SIM box operators over call masking