– The Sokoto state police command has promoted and decorated 586 inspectors with their new ranks
– Three hundred and thirty-six sergeants were also promoted to the rank of Inspector
– The state commissioner of police, Murtala Mani, urged the officers to consider their new position as a challenge to strive hard
About 586 inspectors and other rank and file under the Sokoto state police command have been promoted and decorated with their new ranks, The Punch reports.
NAIJ.com gathered that three hundred and thirty-six sergeants were promoted to the rank of Inspector, while 238 others were elevated to the ranks of Corporals and Sergeants.
The Sokoto state commissioner of police, Murtala Mani, while decorating the officers urged them to consider their new position as a challenge to strive hard in serving their nation effectively.
READ ALSO: Irate mob shutdown Ekiti palace
“Your promotion was as a result of your individual hard work, dedication to duty, hence the need to appreciate your efforts. The command would continue to honour and reciprocate its deserving officers and punish the erring ones,” the CP stated.
Mani also challenged officers in the command to put in more efforts in the discharge of their responsibilities.
According to an earlier report by NAIJ.com, the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris says the force loses 9,028 officers to death, dismissal and retirement annually. Idris made the disclosure at the monthly meeting with commissioners of police on Wednesday, February 21, in Abuja.
The IGP said that the development had seriously affected the manpower of the force. He noted that the 308, 000 police workforce was grossly inadequate for the effective policing of the more than 180 million people in the country, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 news app
The police boss said that the country was far below the UN standard of one policeman to 400 persons. He added that the federal government had approved the recruitment of 6,000 policemen into the rank and file.
If any police officer misbehaves with you, call any of these numbers – on NAIJ.com TV.
About Article Author
Latest Nigeria News
- “Why we appointed Ali Modu Sheriff as Buhari campaign manager”
- APC tackles Saraki as another coalition linked to him
- Governor Ortom Dumps APC
- Photos Of Ronaldo Undergoing Medical As He Moves To Juventus
- See Damages Caused By Heavy Rain In Katsina, 25 Killed
- Why ICC invites only Buhari of all world leaders
- Dogara aide dumps APC
- $680m: Oando boss, Tinubu in another messy court case
- Protesters hold bank to ransom in Lagos
- UBA bags best institution in digital banking across Africa
- Tips on how to cope with high blood pressure
- World Cup Final Referee is an idiot – Roy Keane
- SEC reiterates commitment to robust capital market
- Ekiti 2018: ‘Fictitious’ final result causes uproar
- NIMC requires N150bn to enrol every Nigerian
- How INEC conspired with APC to rig Ekiti election – Olushola
- Boko Haram abducts 23 soldiers in Borno state
- I'm Not Afraid Of EFCC, I Won't Run Away From Nigeria - Fayose
- PHOTOS: Many Dead As Bus Goes Off The Road and Plunges Into Edo River
- Soldiers Patrolling Ekiti After APC Governorship Victory (Photos)
- Update On Girl Kidnapped At Lagos Christ Embassy: Fraudsters Contact Family For Money
- Customs Officer Kills Two Colleagues In Lagos
- FUNNY!! How APC's Fayemi Out Spend Fayose's PDP In Ekiti
- I Abducted My Employer’s Son To Raise Money — Arrested Guard
- NYSC Forgery Saga: Police IG Asked To Probe Kemi Adeosun
- PRAYER FOR TODAY
- 5 Ways To Wear Heels Without Pain
- "Fayose Is A High-Powered Nothing" - Presidency
- Fayemi Spotted Celebrating With Other Governors
- EFCC Threatens Governor Fayose?
- 23 Soldiers Missing In Borno As Boko Haram Ambush Troops
- 25yrs Old Man Arrested Forr Killing His Wife Over Adultery
- "I Defeated APC's Fayemi During Voting, They Changed Results" - Fayose's Deputy
- Family Of Female Corper Shot Dead In Abuja Goes After Hospital
- I Will Pay Ekiti Workers Salary Arrears In just 6 Months - Fayemi
- Saraki Reacts To Fayemi's Victory In Ekiti Governorship Election
- PDP governor differs with colleagues, party on Fayemi victory
- Lawmaker arrested for arming suspects with pump-action guns
- Flying Eagles return, set to conquer ‘tough’ Mauritanians
- Croatia coach attributes success in Russia to holy rosary